PDA

View Full Version : what do you eat

Ash
15-Jan-08, 18:58
what do you eat now that you hated as a child?

mine is brussel sprouts, neaps, stew and i love tatties which i hated as a child....... :D

orkneylass
15-Jan-08, 18:59
Food - wish I hated it now but I don't!

NickInTheNorth
15-Jan-08, 19:02
Garlic

and egg whites

used to hate them both, now I love garlic (really really love it :D ) and a nice fried egg - yum

karia
15-Jan-08, 19:03
Liver pate, sprouts, peanut butter and Breakfast!:D

I still can't handle liver, tripe and raw mushrooms.:mad:

Phoenix200416
15-Jan-08, 19:53
I didn't eat very much as a child so there are loads of things I like now!

I still can't eat eggs, raw or even cooked peppers and celery. Yuck!

karia
15-Jan-08, 19:58
I didn't eat very much as a child so there are loads of things I like now!

I still can't eat eggs, raw or even cooked peppers and celery. Yuck!

I forgot about celery..the stick of the devil!:mad:

It's so unfair that the yukkiest veg from 'planet Evil' has so few calories that you burn off your previous meal munching it..why couldn't chocolate be like that?:confused

ciderally
15-Jan-08, 20:35
spam fritters we got in school dinners and the pink cake and custard...

scorrie
15-Jan-08, 21:21
what do you eat now that you hated as a child?

Humble Pie.

karia
15-Jan-08, 21:36
Humble Pie.

Would you stop looking at me with Mark Green's eyes and making 'pithy' but reasonable statements?:eek:

anneoctober
15-Jan-08, 21:42
Lamb....!! However stuff id wi garlic cloves and roast it and I'll trample anyone who gets in my way...:eek:............[lol]

Dadie
15-Jan-08, 21:55
green beans used to hate them and couldnt even sneak them off my plate as the dog wouldnt touch them either but now im pregnant i cant get enough of them
funny isnt it!

karia
15-Jan-08, 21:55
Lamb....!! However stuff id wi garlic cloves and roast it and I'll trample anyone who gets in my way.............[lol]

My house..next Sunday!;)

bky
15-Jan-08, 22:19
LIVER - mither used to cover it in flour then stew it - HATED IT -now i love it in bacon,liver n ingin casseroles or fried - and i feed it to the kids -

anneoctober
15-Jan-08, 22:22
My house..next Sunday!;)
STAMPEDE.................[lol]

justine
15-Jan-08, 22:30
Meat.Could not stand it if i had to chew it. Give me a nice tasty bit of venison or lamb now..I would chew your hand off for it..Still dont like neeps, or brussels..

mums angels
15-Jan-08, 22:41
Nothing - i'm as picky now as i was then , if not more so :(

hate carrots, potatoes or almost any kind ok veg , hate lamb, liver or pork and only like white fish the list goes on ..LOL

twiglet
15-Jan-08, 22:50
As I've got older I've stopped eating the stuff I hated eating as a child. No longer have mother standing over me making me eat lamb, sprouts etc... Now eat liver willingly with bacon and homemade onion gravy now I come to think about it. Trying to get my own child to eat healthy is a battle though.

TBH
15-Jan-08, 22:51
My god ash, the psuedo intellectuals will be having collective strokes.[lol]
I used to hate brussel sprouts and peas when I was younger but still cannot stand asparagus.:confused

EDDIE
16-Jan-08, 00:07
i used to hate mince and tatties but i love it now

karia
16-Jan-08, 00:55
My god ash, the psuedo intellectuals will be having collective strokes.[lol]
I used to hate brussel sprouts and peas when I was younger but still cannot stand asparagus.

You know what the psychologists would say about that!;)

sweetpea
16-Jan-08, 02:20
I'll eat anythong, so what do the psych's say about that?:)

helenwyler
16-Jan-08, 09:55
I'll eat anythong, so what do the psych's say about that?

Lord knows what they'd say about eating thongs sweetpea!:eek:

I'd throw them all out immediately;).

rockchick
16-Jan-08, 10:29
My mother, bless her, was an awful cook. There are a lot of things she used to make that I hated when I was kid, but now that I've learned to cook them properly, not only will I eat them, but I absolutely love.

Things like:

Scrambled eggs (she made the most horrid concoction with tons of mustard in it - still makes me shudder)
Steak (it really doesn't need to have a texture like shoe leather - really!)
pancakes

TBH
16-Jan-08, 11:02
You know what the psychologists would say about that!;)What about? The asparagus, peas or brussels? If cigarettes were pink men wouldn't smoke and women wouldn't inhale kinda thing?[lol]

Geo
16-Jan-08, 11:50
Up until I was 14 I couldn't stand mushrooms or parsnip. Still don't like liver or kidney although could force some steak and kidney pie down. My strangest dislike is honey. Euuggghhhhh.

Thumper
16-Jan-08, 22:45
I am worse now than I ever was as a child,we were made to eat what was put infront of us :eek:,now I dont eat fish,lamb or pork,very little red meat either,infact a mate told me a few days ago I was the fussiest eater he has ever known :( x

Ricco
17-Jan-08, 08:36
Eggs. Couldn't touch them until I was at uni. A group of us at uni used to go into town and have lunch at a local greasy spoon - typical student fry-up. I used to give my egg to one of the guys. One Saturday he complained that I had given my egg to someone else... but in fact we realised that I had eaten it. Love 'em now.