PDA

View Full Version : Romance is not dead

karia
15-Jan-08, 15:08
There was me bemoaning the lack of romance from Mr Karia last night on the 'Flowers' thread .

He was nightshift and I climbed into bed all alone and fell asleep...however at 5 am I stuck my hand under the pillow and found a wee box.

Inside the wee box were a pair of earrings to match the lovely necklace he gave me for Christmas!:D

Anyone else with romantic surprises.

cats81
15-Jan-08, 15:13
How sweet!!!!.....ahh thats so nice x

Pity there's not more like that...my ex still owes me £100 and allowed me to pay for a meal out and I bought his weekly shopping a mere 3 days before he abandoned me with nowhere to stay in a city!!! NICE lol

Not all men are sh1ts though......I'm like the Murphys...im not bitter lol

paris
15-Jan-08, 15:26
Thats so nice. Not many men about like that, lucky you Karia. jan x

starry
15-Jan-08, 15:38
Oh that is really nice Karia.

nanoo
15-Jan-08, 16:10
Awwww Karia, that's lovely. The age of chivalry is still with us, it's nice to know. Reminds me of the adverts for chocolates that ran on telly for years:- AND ALL BECAUSE THE LADY LOVES. Aaahhhhhh Romance, it's a lovely thing Karia and how thoughtful of your OH to show it in this sweet way.;)

karia
15-Jan-08, 16:13
Thanks guys,I do know how lucky I am....

......of course he is getting away with murder today!:lol:

dunderheed
15-Jan-08, 17:17
bet he finds a better place to hide yer birthday present next year:Razz........

who said romance is dead , i turned down a jolly boys outing to the footie this weekend to take the wife to lanzarote for ma birthday (kids gettin dumped wi grannie)

karia
15-Jan-08, 17:27
Good on you dunderheed!;)

nanoo
15-Jan-08, 17:51
Thanks guys,I do know how lucky I am....

......of course he is getting away with murder today!:lol:
Never mind karia, theres always tomorrow, te he :lol:

bluelady
15-Jan-08, 19:04
Love it, (wots he after??? LOL) ;)

moureen
15-Jan-08, 19:08
How nice Karia if he has an older brother let me know!!!!! {LOL}

karia
15-Jan-08, 19:11
Love it, (wots he after??? LOL) ;)

Ha ha!

The truth seems to be that he spotted the necklace and earrings at the same time and thought they looked lovely together, he then bought the necklace at Xmas and when he was sure I liked it..went back for he earrings.
The nicest bit for me is that he could have planked them away for my birthday or valentine's day, but didn't.

Also he worried all night in case I took my eye out by rolling onto the box in my sleep... Bless!:lol:

karia
15-Jan-08, 19:14
How nice Karia if he has an older brother let me know!!!!! {LOL}

Older sister moureen..and she's not the romantic type!;)

Dadie
15-Jan-08, 22:17
thats really sweet of him
just think what you will get for valentines day
you lucky so and so

xxx

karia
15-Jan-08, 22:21
thats really sweet of him
just think what you will get for valentines day
you lucky so and so

xxx

Nah Dadie..he is unconventional!

Valentines Day will be barren...apart from Ricardo's flowers!;):lol:

Dadie
15-Jan-08, 22:26
I have asked for an MOT for my car for valentines day not really romantic but...

I need the car done (and the MOT will last longer than flowers and more suitable than sexy knickers at the mo)

xxx

WeeBurd
15-Jan-08, 22:47
Romantic surprises, hmmmm... MrBurd is not known for making romantic gestures (I'm sure he'll read this and chastise me for saying that so publicly, lol!), however he did arrive home recently with a beautiful bracelet, as a token of how much he's missed me whilst he's been working away...

Unfortunately for him, my reaction upon opening the pretty black and white gift bag he presented me with was "Oh, I thought you'd maybe got me something from Chanel" [lol]

Please note: the bracelet really is gorgeous, and I'm more than delighted with my ice - it'll last a lot longer than any Chanel goodies ;)!

trix
15-Jan-08, 22:52
There was me bemoaning the lack of romance from Mr Karia last night on the 'Flowers' thread .

He was nightshift and I climbed into bed all alone and fell asleep...however at 5 am I stuck my hand under the pillow and found a wee box.

Inside the wee box were a pair of earrings to match the lovely necklace he gave me for Christmas!:D

i could say yer lucky Ak, but instead il say ye get what ye deserve ;)

karia
15-Jan-08, 22:56
i could say yer lucky Ak, but instead il say ye get what ye deserve ;)

Thank you sweetstuff!;)

lady penelope
15-Jan-08, 23:04
So pleased romance is not dead. ;)

My OH says do I want flowers or do I want the mortgage paid!

Hmmm let me see now.........

I'll leave that to the imagination. He might read this!:lol:

bluelady
15-Jan-08, 23:49
Ha ha!

The truth seems to be that he spotted the necklace and earrings at the same time and thought they looked lovely together, he then bought the necklace at Xmas and when he was sure I liked it..went back for he earrings.
The nicest bit for me is that he could have planked them away for my birthday or valentine's day, but didn't.

Also he worried all night in case I took my eye out by rolling onto the box in my sleep... Bless!:lol:

now will it be matching braclet for valentines ? :D

rhino
15-Jan-08, 23:55
So pleased romance is not dead. ;)

My OH says do I want flowers or do I want the mortgage paid!

Hmmm let me see now.........

I'll leave that to the imagination. He might read this!:lol:

lady p,

you sound unpleased that he cares for you !!!

whats a wee bunch of flowers anyway.

lady penelope
15-Jan-08, 23:59
Rhino,

I wouldn't know,I never get any!:roll:

but you'd know that any way, you mortgage payer you! ;)