PDA

View Full Version : Free introduction to NLP certification workshop

A_Usher
15-Jan-08, 10:50
Hi,
Just a little heads up to let you know that Andrew Hickey and myself will be putting a free introductory workshop on NLP. All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.

We will cover as much as possible on the subject, with lots of hands on time, and practical examples, in fact we want this to be more of a practical workshop than theory.

We only have a couple of places left, so if you want a free place let me know ASAP. The workshop will be held on Saturday 9th of February.

If you want a place or more information either pm, email me or get hold of me at Dunbeath surgery.

Andrew Usher

Torvaig
15-Jan-08, 12:52
What is NLP? :confused

Riffman
15-Jan-08, 13:14
Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) is an interpersonal communication model and an alternative approach to psychotherapy[1] based on the subjective study of language, communication and personal change.[2]

Maybe?

Torvaig
15-Jan-08, 13:18
Thanks for that Riffman; I'm afraid I was too lazy to look it up meself! Sounds interesting though; I hope it will be well attended so good luck to them.

Mind you, you usually find that people who attend these courses are pretty well up on the subject anyway; maybe not and I should attend to find out!

Tell you what, we should put forward a delegation from the org to try and narrow the gap between some of the recent views we have been seeing on the boards.

Here's to a better understanding of each other.;)

A_Usher
15-Jan-08, 13:53
We only have two places available now.
We may run another free introductory course later in the year.

Andrew Usher.

NLP
15-Jan-08, 15:38
What is NLP? :confused

why me of course !!!!

I did wonder when I saw the title

Torvaig
15-Jan-08, 17:00
why me of course !!!!

I did wonder when I saw the title

I thought I had seen it before; thank goodness you only use the initials....:lol:

xx_chickie
15-Jan-08, 18:01
Thanks for explaining!

It does sound interesting :)

A_Usher
16-Jan-08, 14:18
All places have now gone.
Watch out for our energy medicine workshop, topics will be homeopathy and vibrational medicine, does it work? evidence based treatment etc.

Ill announce dates soon.

Andrew

A_Usher
08-Feb-08, 21:40
Just a reminder to all coming this Saturday and Sunday.

IT is going to be a great couple of days.

Sapphire2803
08-Feb-08, 22:46
Vibrational medicine?? The mind boggles :eek:

I better go and look that up, I bet it has nothing to do with what came to mind when I read that....

Julia
09-Feb-08, 00:28
Vibrational medicine?? The mind boggles :eek:

I better go and look that up, I bet it has nothing to do with what came to mind when I read that....

It's the scientific principle that all matter vibrates to a precise frequency and by using resonant vibration, balance of matter can be restored.

mccaugm
09-Feb-08, 00:33
It's the scientific principle that all matter vibrates to a precise frequency and by using resonant vibration, balance of matter can be restored.

Yeah thats just what I was thinking.

Sorry did not mean to be flippant...I think anything that makes anyone feel better, holistically or conventionally is fine. The best treatment I had for neck/back and arm pain was Reikki and a damn good tension massage.

Moi x
09-Feb-08, 04:11
It's the scientific principle that all matter vibrates to a precise frequency and by using resonant vibration, balance of matter can be restored. Could you elaborate Julia? What does 'balance of matter' mean and how can it be restored? This sounds a bit too new age for my taste.

A_Usher
09-Feb-08, 09:46
Nothing New Age about it, read David Bohm's (quantum physicist) or indeed any good book or study on electro magnetic energy and the nature of the universe.

Anyone interested in holistic therapy should really grasp and understand quantum theory along with Bohm's philosophical discussion in regard to Wholeness and the Implicate Order.

By the very nature of everything we absorb medically we have a very interesting situation, as its not the pharmaceutical medicine that causes change but the biochemical response to it.

Biochemical changes creates micro volt waves in the brain such as alpha, beta waves etc, which can measured by EEG machines.

In fact one of the things i offer at the medical surgery is neurofeedback which is the training of the brain through brainwave analysis to overcome areas, such as ADHD, anxiety etc.

This is done without any medical intervention, and merely performed by placing sensors on the scalp and analysing brain function via brainwaves, and then training the brain to alter those waves.

Our research program is yielding interesting results in regard to the correlation between brain wave activity before and after many complementary medicines.

This is a serious research program we are doing, which has cost several thousand pounds of investment. We use state of the art physiological monitoring equipment to measure brainwave activity, Heart rate Variance, skin temperature, muscular activity and much more.

I will be completing my upcoming book on the matter hopefully very soon, and releasing some medical journal articles in relation to it also.

People have to realise that health and the maintaining of it has some key components, such as nutrition, mental states, environmental concerns etc, many of which are determinable by diagnostic applications such as EEG.

For example, some of our research has been on the impact of environmental health indicators. Today most households have a lot of environmental pollution such as WIFI, EMG increased levels etc.

Utilising a portable physiological monitor i have recorded data over 24 hours, with interest specifically in areas of low electromagnetic interference and ones with high. Some data has shown that an individual in open space, has much more balanced brainwave activity than in their house, with the particular brainwave activity in the house showing lower alpha waves etc, which in some cases means that the brainwave activity contributes to higher levels of anxiety or leading to possible depression.

What has this to do with vibration medicine? Well everything, as what i have mentioned above can be classes as vibration medicine, and is it New Age, well that depends on what you term New Age, but what i have outlined is strictly scientific and has and is being validated through specific protocols, similar to many studies as renowned medical and education institutes.

I feel it is highly important that people realise that there is much more to their health, general life and the nature and effect of energy around them.

Moi x
10-Feb-08, 03:40
I'm confused. Is vibration medicine New Age or not? :confused:

A_Usher
10-Feb-08, 09:35

I presume you really didn't read my post above, perhaps as i suggested if you took the time to research it, you would come to your own conclusion.

Torvaig
10-Feb-08, 13:54

No it's not New Age; it has been around since the beginning of time as it is one of the sciences - like quantum physics. As Andrew says, you have to look up his references to learn about it as it certainly can't be explained properly in a post! Good luck, and do make the effort; it is well worth it.....:)

A_Usher
10-Feb-08, 18:44
Thank you to all that attended, we where let down by many, and i mean many people just not attending, or not informing us of their cancellation, so a big thanks to those who did attend, and i hope to see you use your intuiton and enjoy your certificate.

If we had released many of you where just not going to turn up i would not have spread it over as many days.

I will be announcing our next seminar soon.

Andrew Usher
Dunbeath Surgery

Torvaig
10-Feb-08, 19:11
Andrew, not sure if you count me in one of those who did not turn up but I did send you an email saying that I could not go unless I got a lift and asked you to put me in touch if anybody was going from my direction.
As I did not hear from you I presumed that I didn't have a place. I will pm you to clarify......

nicnak
10-Feb-08, 19:15
Just a Big Thank you to both Andrew's for a fantastic workshop, really informative and I learnt alot and those that didn't turn up have missed a brilliant day.
Many thanks again and looking forward to the other up and coming workshops.

Moi x
16-Feb-08, 01:17
I presume you really didn't read my post above, perhaps as i suggested if you took the time to research it, you would come to your own conclusion.Oh but I did read your post and I did, as you suggested, research it, but all I could find was new age wizzle-wozzle that didn't fit in with anything you said. So I'm even more bewildered than I was at the outset. :confused:

Moi x
16-Feb-08, 01:24
No it's not New Age; it has been around since the beginning of time as it is one of the sciences - like quantum physics. As Andrew says, you have to look up his references to learn about it as it certainly can't be explained properly in a post! Good luck, and do make the effort; it is well worth it.....:)Vibration medicine is one of the sciences? May I venture the opinion that you are unable to explain it in a post because you haven't a scooby?

Torvaig
16-Feb-08, 01:41
Vibration medicine is one of the sciences? May I venture the opinion that you are unable to explain it in a post because you haven't a scooby?

Yes Moi, you are partially right but I would say I do have a portion of scooby but as I said, it can't be explained properly in a post otherwise I'm sure Andrew would have done so instead of giving references. If you don't understand the references then, if you really are interested, you could maybe try one of the courses.

Or is it that you just wanted to have a pop at me......I don't mind....

Moi x
16-Feb-08, 02:04
What can't be explained properly in a post? Vibrational medicine or David Bohm's attempts to imbue inanimate matter with a Marxist consciousness? Bohm was in many ways the original new age guru. He is is long gone but he's still the best in the opinion of many.

Torvaig
16-Feb-08, 02:32
What can't be explained properly in a post? Vibrational medicine or David Bohm's attempts to imbue inanimate matter with a Marxist consciousness? Bohm was in many ways the original new age guru. He is is long gone but he's still the best in the opinion of many.

Ok Moi, I mean I can't explain vibrational medicine properly in a post but I am sure that you know the basics of quantum physics and so can look up the web for the theories and how they can be applied to medicine or, if you don't know how to yourself I'm sure you will have friends or family who can. Do have a go, it is very interesting......good luck

Moi x
16-Feb-08, 03:18
I looked up vibrational medicine but all I found was new age wizzle wozzle about auras and energy fields.

I'm a sociologist not a scientist. My postgraduate diploma dissertation was an in-parallel deconstruction of the cultural and religious biases inherent in Snow's 'Two Cultures' and Bohm's 'Implicate Order' for which it was necessary to acquire an understanding of the basic philosophies of quantum physics. I'm not an expert but I know enough to distinguish a Bohmian quantum realist from a new age charlatan.

Torvaig
16-Feb-08, 03:41
Ah.....I'm sorry Moi, but if you still don't have any idea of what vibrational medicine is about and you don't accept the references that have been given and you don't accept that it is not a new age medicine (as per your original query) then I can do no more for you.

Either you are interested enough to do some more serious research of your own, talk to people who have experienced vibrational medicine or you just go with your original opinion that if you don't understand something then it must be the work of a "new age charlatan".

Wish you had elucidated more then I would not have wasted my words and yours......

A_Usher
16-Feb-08, 11:42
I looked up vibrational medicine but all I found was new age wizzle wozzle about auras and energy fields.

I'm a sociologist not a scientist. My postgraduate diploma dissertation was an in-parallel deconstruction of the cultural and religious biases inherent in Snow's 'Two Cultures' and Bohm's 'Implicate Order' for which it was necessary to acquire an understanding of the basic philosophies of quantum physics. I'm not an expert but I know enough to distinguish a Bohmian quantum realist from a new age charlatan.

Well, given your dissertation i would have thought you would have indeed a fundamental understanding of the term New Age, from both a sociological and historical view point.

As you will already know the New Age movement, was primarily given more popularity in late 60's when many individuals started to discuss their interest in human consciousness and its parallels to spiritual and metaphysical contexts. The 60's saw many introduce their idea of the new age such as the introduction of the age of aquaries and other spiritual practices, and then attach fundamental concepts of the mind body and spirit. In many ways it was seen as a new social movement, despite some historical scholars describing the 'New Age' as being a 20th century movement.

You originally wrote:

" Could you elaborate Julia? What does 'balance of matter' mean and how can it be restored? This sounds a bit too new age for my taste.
Reply With Quote"

Based on your presupposition of what balance of matter meant to you, attributing it to the 'New Age'.

I offered you my interpretation stating I did not feel it was 'New Age', based upon my understanding that the term 'New Age' was a sociological interpretation of a change in societies movement towards a culture move integrating beliefs of a spiritual, religious and metaphysical context into society. Given that religious movements, natural health systems and basic physics and understanding of our universe and how matter operates (albeit basic in comparison to today's understanding) predate the 20th century then the basic fundamentals are not 'New Age'.

You then wrote:
"Oh but I did read your post and I did, as you suggested, research it, but all I could find was new age wizzle-wozzle that didn't fit in with anything you said. So I'm even more bewildered than I was at the outset."

If you had researched it you would have been able to distinguish the difference between the linguistic term 'New Age' and the principle and ideas of vibrational medicine, in so much as that many propose vibrational medicine is the understanding that the human body is made up of fields of energy and that an energy balance when out of sync can create illness and some medicines proposed to have energy can restore. I have my own views on this that I would more than happily discuss when time permits.

Superconducting Quantum Interference have been used to demonstrate that the human body has an electro magnetic field, and whilst only a SQUID at this moment can be used to really show this, scientific studies including my own research program have shown that the human brain produces very interesting brain wave frequencies in illness.

Work in the area of Electroencephalography demonstrates this, and I can go into that in much more detail.

You also wrote:
"
I looked up vibrational medicine but all I found was new age wizzle wozzle about auras and energy fields."

I propose to you that you have not adequately researched this. As mentioned above Superconducting Quantum Interference have been used to show the human EMF and studies at the moment are investigating environmental pollutants such as EMF, to see if they have a detrimental effect on health. I myself have done some studies utilising ambulatory EEG and physiological monitoring devices and have some interesting data that need further investigation, but something I did notice was the increase in certain brainwaves such as Alpha waves at Cz (using the 10- 20 scale) on a subject whilst they sat near a wireless network for the duration of 40 minutes. This was correlated against the individual sitting in a relatively low EMF area for the same duration and criteria.

What you also have to remember is that we are indeed energy beings, which I know you know based on your readings of Bohm and quantum theory, we all exist due to sub atomic particles.

Time permits me from writing more, but I am always happy to debate.

Andrew Usher

Moi x
23-Feb-08, 04:02
Ah.....I'm sorry Moi, but if you still don't have any idea of what vibrational medicine is about and you don't accept the references that have been given and you don't accept that it is not a new age medicine (as per your original query) then I can do no more for you.

Either you are interested enough to do some more serious research of your own, talk to people who have experienced vibrational medicine or you just go with your original opinion that if you don't understand something then it must be the work of a "new age charlatan".

Wish you had elucidated more then I would not have wasted my words and yours......Look, you've already admitted that you don't know much about what you speak, and as a serious researcher I would hazard a guess that you haven't made a serious attempt to search for references on vibrational medicine on the web, so please refrain from unwarranted sarcastic comments. I tried very hard to find serious websites about vibrational medicine but as I said earlier I found only new age wizzle wozzle that wouldn't fool anyone with an ounce of common sense or scientific training.

I appreciate Andrew's attempts to explain his activities, thank you ever so much Andrew, but could you, or anyone, please provide me with some believable web references on vibrational medicine? I may not have adequately researched the subject but at this moment in time I haven't found anything at all that's remotely believable. This may be my failing so I am requesting your help.

Thank you.

Moi x

A_Usher
23-Feb-08, 11:04
Hi Moi,
I have posted some citations to references on another thread:
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=344631&posted=1#post344631

I am not sure if you will get them online though, the problem with medical trials is that they tend to get posted in medical journals etc. I could probably, when i get time locate them and scan them.

I have the same problem at the moment when trying to get references in regard to clinical trials of brain activity in regard to skin conditions, and medical therapeutics as most of those trials are published in neuroscience journals, and nothing seems to be online, which is a pain as I need to access some of those trials for my own research project.

I am happy to debate with you on the other thread as I have mentioned you on that thread and to citations in regard to homeopathy and placebo trials printed mainly in the lancet or the British Medical Journal.

Moi x
01-Mar-08, 04:07
Hi Moi,
I have posted some citations to references on another thread:
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=344631&posted=1#post344631 (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=344631&posted=1#post344631)

I am not sure if you will get them online though, the problem with medical trials is that they tend to get posted in medical journals etc. I could probably, when i get time locate them and scan them.

I have the same problem at the moment when trying to get references in regard to clinical trials of brain activity in regard to skin conditions, and medical therapeutics as most of those trials are published in neuroscience journals, and nothing seems to be online, which is a pain as I need to access some of those trials for my own research project.

I am happy to debate with you on the other thread as I have mentioned you on that thread and to citations in regard to homeopathy and placebo trials printed mainly in the lancet or the British Medical Journal.Thank you Andrew.

I did my best to find information about vibrational medicine on the web but the new-age wizzlers and wozzlers won out every time. It's unfortunate that these charlatans have commandeered the market. I understand the biochemical nature of modern medicines and I also understand why crystal healers are wizzlers and clairvoyants are wozzlers.

A_Usher
01-Mar-08, 11:25
Hi Moi,
I think its the nature of the market, no difference to many other areas of life. The aim of my workshop and as i explained during the class on Monday was that one of the reasons we want to teach a broad spectrum of therapies is so that people can get the information from us both from a practitioner and sceptical point of view, with what we have seen in actual clinical practice and what we have seen go horrible wrong with other practioners etc.

I spoke about some homeopaths, big named people who i thought where quacks against those who i thought applied medicinal application through conventional understanding of anatomy and physiology etc.

The term vibrational medicine can encompass everything as we are by the nature of human being energy devices, our food is energy, our thought are shown to be electrical frequencies in the brain and can be mapped on EEG, so in essence everything we take be it conventional medicine, herbology etc is in fact vibrational medicine due the physics of life, however that doesnt mean to say the complementary medicine should speculate as to how it works without some framework, far from it, any complementary medical person should have a basic grounding in physics, an understanding of anatomy etc, but i personally feel most dont, and charge money from people, and when it doesnt work give an aloof statement etc.

Ill give an example, i see a lot of patients for hypnotherapy, who come to me saying that they cant have this type of therapy as they saw someone else in the county who couldn't get it to work for them, terming them unable to use this therapy.

RUBBISH, its not the patient in many cases who is inflexible it is the THERAPIST, we have a saying in the field, its not the client who is resistant but the therapist.

I would give a word of caution to people looking for therapy, question the therapist, ask them about training, ask them if they belong to a professional body, ask them to explain what they do, as if you are paying for time, or for result. ASK everything, because if they know what they are doing then they should be able to provide you with all the answers you need.

Similarly you should do this with your conventional practitioner also, as at the end of the day similarly to your complementary medical practitioner you are paying them, its just in the case of the GP, Physician etc through taxes.

Rant over this morning :)

Andrew

Moi x
02-Mar-08, 00:06
And a good rant it was too. :)

I wish some other alternative types would share your attitude.

Moi x