PDA

View Full Version : Rubbish Thread

brokencross
15-Jan-08, 09:31
In view of recent complaints about the quality of posts, here is a truly rubbish one.

Our local council has a fortnightly kerbside collection for recycling glass, tins and newspapers. You know the kind of thing where you put out the stuff in different bags and boxes. Now, I don't mind doing this, as it is about my only contribution to saving the planet.

What I object to is the mess left by the lorry crew who do the collection. I leave the street and all the boxes and bags are neatly placed by the kerb ready for collection; when I come back an hour later the street is like a midden. There is broken glass in the road, windblown paper and cardboard all over the place, the recycling containers are nowhere near the house they came from, they are in the middle of the road or miles away outside someone elses house. I know it is not a particularly nice job but they could at least take some pride in it.

Now that is a rubbish thread. Genuine replies only please.. no time wasters.

Lolabelle
15-Jan-08, 10:28
This problem is not confined to the northern hemisphere, we have the same problem. I wonder why we bother to use bins, separate recylables only to have most of it scattered all over the street. [evil]

northener
15-Jan-08, 11:05
Got to say it, the guys up here in Caithness on the Wick side are very good.

Polite, quick and tidy.

Well done them, I say.

Torvaig
15-Jan-08, 12:48
Brokencross, I advise making a complaint to whoever is responsible for the rubbish collectors. If that doesn't work, take some photographs and write a letter to accompany them. Keep plugging at them (unless of course they rectify the problem right away) as you pay your taxes which in turn pays their wages. Good luck....

dirdyweeker
15-Jan-08, 14:36
I have NO complaints against the bin men on the north side of Wick. I think they do a marvellous job and find them helpful and obliging. No doubt it varies in different areas of the map. Is it not possible to be at home on collection day to see if it is the men on the lorry who are responsible for the mess?
If it is proven they are, then you could go to the relevant council to state your case.

Torvaig
15-Jan-08, 14:40
Dirdyweeker, the complaint is not against any Caithness collectors; I am presuming it is in Middlesborough.....or maybe that's not what your meant; sorry if I got it wrong......

dirdyweeker
15-Jan-08, 15:38
Dirdyweeker, the complaint is not against any Caithness collectors; I am presuming it is in Middlesborough.....or maybe that's not what your meant; sorry if I got it wrong......

I know the complaint was not against the 'caithness' collectors. Only 2 sentences were relevant to that part of my reply. Hence the suggestion further on in my reply.

Torvaig
15-Jan-08, 17:06
Sorry...:~( definitely got it wrong....
I must read posts more thoroughly

dandod
15-Jan-08, 17:26
hope they dont start the same capers here. the binmen never leave a mess the only time there may be a mess is it is bad weather and it gets blown everywhere but we blame mother nature for that one.

EDDIE
15-Jan-08, 18:01
well thats just the council for u there going to do what there going to do waste of time complaining you would think the council would have mobile supervisors to check up on the quality of work of the council staff that are out and about.

brokencross
15-Jan-08, 18:31
Don't think it is the actual council binmen, but one of these private recycling companies in "partnership" with the council.