PDA

View Full Version : what an advertisment for scotland

triger
15-Jan-08, 04:56
anyone reading some of these posts with the mistical thought of moving and staying in scotland would run or walk as the proclaimers would say 5000 thousand miles away from scotland.because here is the reality just finger tips away.A place that is now no better than the place that you have left.Yet some people seem to think that after all these years of being away it will some how still be the same old place that you left and if you chose to stay there you blame ever othere incomer for the problemes for being here.I did not think my self as one of these peple untill i joined this site.Personaly i think caithness has a long way to come and as a expact long may it last:)

Lolabelle
15-Jan-08, 06:53
Uhh....
Sorry for sounding like a dunce, but what are you trying to say?

a) That Caithness.org is a good advertisement for Scotland
b) That Everywhere is the same as everywhere else
c) That if you leave somewhere, don't expect time to stand still
d) That Caithness.org is a bad advertisement for Scotland

:eek: Please explain!!!

Ricco
15-Jan-08, 08:43
Hmmm... same here, Lolabelle. I am utterly lost by Triger's comments. Most of us do get back to Caithness / Scotland at one time or another. I suspect that Triger is one very disgruntled ex-pat. This forum is mre about 'family' than about homesick longings, Triger. ;)

brokencross
15-Jan-08, 08:50
Sounds like some one who was disillusioned with life in Caithness and moved away a long while ago for a better life; was wondering if attitudes and "things" in Caithness had "moved on" and improved; came back and was saddened to find they had not.
They also find some of the posts on the Org confirms that the old prejudices and "things" which made them move in the first place, still exist in some people................................I think

philupmaboug
15-Jan-08, 09:46
Pass.........Next question please!

Torvaig
15-Jan-08, 13:14
Triger, fowkies are 'e same 'e world ower; some good, some bad and some indifferent. Ah hev relatives who hev left hom and love cuman back fur a holiday but they accept 'at we no longer burn peits etc., but wur nature is still 'e same.

As for 'e incomers; they hev brocht a lot til Caithness, sometimes not aal good but 'en we can do aat for wursells. 'E more we trevel and meet ithers an' learn til see 'e ither side of things instead o' livan' in wur own peedie world we wur own perspective on life can only be a good thing.

A lot o' how 'ee find a place is in yer own hert an' ah aalways maintain 'at we should aalways go awie fae hom for a few years til see how ithers live. Hid's good til experience life in ither places ciz 'ee can learn a lot aboot human nature and realise wur aal 'e same. An' iss is whaat 'e see on 'e org; a pot pourri o' mankind. Good luck til 'ee! :)