PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Threads

highlander
14-Jan-08, 23:21
OK lets get down to the nittie gritty, what do you class as interesting threads, what would you like to read and post about? Is it the people who write the threads who grab your attention, or the heading? Personally i do like the threads that cedric starts, they are always different and fun, so all moanie minnies, hit the keyboard and put your fingers tapping, if you please lol fankoo for your time.

Thumper
14-Jan-08, 23:28
I enjoy all the threads, its just people expressing their views!Some are lighthearted,and god knows we all need them!Some are more serious and again are very good,what I do hate tho, is the way people feel the need to attack people's views,however small they are,and generally drag threads down to....my opinion is what counts,and if you dont like it go somewhere else.....this forum is for everybody,no matter what they think or feel,as long as they are not offending anybody,why not live and let live?*Thumps goes and hides in her burrow awaiting all the negative reps she will get for this* ;) xx

karia
14-Jan-08, 23:33
It's an open forum..it's beauty is in its diversity!

highlander
14-Jan-08, 23:34
Thank-you Thumper for your input, what about topics, any particular ones you would like to see or talk about?

Thumper
14-Jan-08, 23:41
Thank-you Thumper for your input, what about topics, any particular ones you would like to see or talk about?

TBH Highlander I enjoy them all...the ones I dont enjoy I just avoid,but theres not amny of them,I like to read everybody's opinions.....thats what makes us better people x

Kenn
14-Jan-08, 23:42
I find the threads that cover the history of the county, it's flora and fauna very interesting.
trinkie's dailect poems have me in stiches along with many of the other humorous literary ones posted by the orgers.
The only thing that can be little annoying is when a tread meanders off down a side stream but then again the best trout are n't always found in the deapest rivers.

Lolabelle
14-Jan-08, 23:44
I enjoy all the threads, its just people expressing their views!Some are lighthearted,and god knows we all need them!Some are more serious and again are very good,what I do hate tho, is the way people feel the need to attack people's views,however small they are,and generally drag threads down to....my opinion is what counts,and if you dont like it go somewhere else.....this forum is for everybody,no matter what they think or feel,as long as they are not offending anybody,why not live and let live?*Thumps goes and hides in her burrow awaiting all the negative reps she will get for this* ;) xx

No negative reps from me Thumper, you said what I was going to say, so that makes it easy. :Razz
One thing that I have observed though, the threads with the most replies are usually the most controversial.

Metalattakk
15-Jan-08, 00:30
Well, I guess you've all been waiting for me to join in on this discussion. Hope to not disappoint...:D

One thing that I have observed though, the threads with the most replies are usually the most controversial.

And surely the most thought-provoking also?

There seems to be a lot of threads recently which consist of neither thought-provoking insight nor interesting observation. There's been some crackers right enough, but dotted all too often in between are endlessly tedious threads discussing whether someone should eat their Christmas chocolates or not, or what someone should have for tea, or what colour people's hair is. Much of these threads are started by the same group of people, aimed at the same group of people.

Maybe what's required is for all of them to use the FlashChat client, where they can create their own wee chat room and discuss the colour of their navel fluff, or dish out their group *hugs*, or talk about how much weight they've lost.

Because really, I believe none of it belongs on a message board.

I was speaking to some guys in the pub last weekend, (two regular contributors and one 'lurker') and we were commenting on the .Org boards, and they all, to a man, agreed with me that some of the tosh that's posted here is just embarrassing at times. One of them even said that he can't be bothered with all the sycophantic threads about people's pregnancies and updates on how their own personal lives are going, and he won't be back on the boards again. But we all know he will, don't we?

These boards represent Caithness (in a however small way) in the realm of the World Wide Wundaweb, and frankly, if a passer-by were to stumble in the door, I just wonder what he'd think.

Maybe he'd be straight off to the peace of the chat room, to escape the madness. ;)

Thumper
15-Jan-08, 00:45
Yes metalattakk,you have a point..BUT surely everybody acn use these boards to discuss whatever they feel fit?If the forums where used just to satisfy your needs,or my needs.or indeed anyone in particulars needs then it would not be caithness.org,it would be thumper.org, or metalattakk.org or whatever with certain people forcing thier views and opinions down others throats,this is a forum for eveybody to use,if you dont like the threads,simply bypass them for ones that do appeal to you or whoever,please note,this isnt intended as a personal attack at you,it is a generalisation! x

mums angels
15-Jan-08, 00:53
I like the light hearted threads the most , pointless as they seem but any that i've got involved in like the benifit thread and the teenage pregnancy thread have left me fuming and don't like feeling that way :(

Rheghead
15-Jan-08, 01:18
I like the more topical threads the most. I enjoy how people react to comments and the views that come out. I've often took onboard what has been said and there are many valid arguements that I'd never even thought of before. I love how people react to things and I see the best and worst all the time, usually the altruistic and the selfish are always at war here. Sometimes the there is no apparent distinction between the two until I look hard enough. All too often the selfish attitude is peddled off as an altuistic one, sometimes convincingly, until we look at the big picture.

Anne x
15-Jan-08, 01:41
The Bigger Picture is what it is all about on Forums we can all go on saying this and that !!! but unless you have been in that persons shoes so to speak you have no idea , how or what way you would react , see the organ donation thread my opinion and my experience only although I respect others and there opinions It certainly would not do if we all paraded our life stories to others all the time
since joining only Beg July 07 having lurked for years I as one individual have had my eyes opened as to How we all live What we all Experience and most importantly How we all deal with Life and it is not always a bowl of Cherries or a Box of Chocolates but with the help and guidance of others we just get on with it

at the end of the day it would be awful if we all had the same opinion Wouldnt It ?

paris
15-Jan-08, 02:42
The most interesting threads for me are the every day life threads where i get a lot of info, support from other mothers and help in general. To me the org is like a living magazine where if you need quick answers you can guarantee you get then.
Life has its ups and downs and at this moment in time i don't mind admitting mine is very down with family life. I have had a great deal of advice and support from others which i really appreciate. As others have said who gives a dam about what a thread is about......if you don't like it don't reply .......simple. For those of you who are more intellectual than me, start intellectual threads, i will stick to the threads i feel comfortable with as do a lot of orgers. Why is it that everyone seams to be at each others throats. Give it a rest and get on with posting what appeals to you personally. jan x

Lolabelle
15-Jan-08, 07:02
Well, I guess you've all been waiting for me to join in on this discussion. Hope to not disappoint...:D

And surely the most thought-provoking also?
I didn't say this was a bad thing....

These boards represent Caithness (in a however small way) in the realm of the World Wide Wundaweb, and frankly, if a passer-by were to stumble in the door, I just wonder what he'd think.

I stumbled across this site and fell in love with the interesting people I met here.
To me the boards are a place to catch up with friends, have a friendly discussion/debate and hang out in the chat room chatting with friends, old and new.

Maybe he'd be straight off to the peace of the chat room, to escape the madness. ;)

This things is saying my message is too short??????

Ricco
15-Jan-08, 08:40
This things is saying my message is too short??????

Lolabelle... that is because you didn't encase your quotes properly - you ended up with your own comments inside the quotes, therefore not saying anything at all as far as the software was concerned. Each quote should start with a
and should end with a . Your comments should be outside this tags / markers.

Try again - we won't mind.

highlander
15-Jan-08, 09:30
There is some great input here, i can agree so much what Reghead said, Topical threads are great, in fact when there was a ding dong going on with clashing of thoughts from posters, i confess i would have a good chuckle and be shouting "good on you, get in there"lol but one thing about people's attitudes is seeing how others see things, i am glad to say, i have seen mine has been wrong in a lot of things because, i did not look and the whole picture, it made me sit back at take a long look at myself, as they say "every day is a school day" lol
I also agree with paris, when life has its ups and downs its good to get good advice and support, of which i have had loads from orgers.
The photography site is fantastic it can be such and eye opener for some who just either dont take the time or have the time to enjoy what is right in front of us.
Birdwatching, now before i moved to the country i never even knew goldfinches, greenfinches and snowbuntings etc even existed. lol All i had ever seen was sparrows, starlings, and seagulls. LOL
Chatroom, now folks you are missing out on some great fun, over the years i have met and chatted to fantastic people, the banter would take tears to your eyes, only draw back is the TV kept on getting turned up LOL
So come on you orgers no more lurkers, we need you, it would be a boring old site if we leave it to the same orgers, more input needed. plz sign up and post.

golach
15-Jan-08, 10:39
Maybe he'd be straight off to the peace of the chat room, to escape the madness.
Personally I stumbled through the door a few years ago now, and have been here ever since, and am a regular user of the chatroom / message boards, and because of my use of the same have a large circle of friends from all over the world, some whom I have met physically face to face, and I am glad to say I have never been disappointed in meeting them.. I have also found long lost and unknown relatives and near relatives.
Metalattakk, you mention the peace of the chatroom, come in and try running the quiz and you will not find it so peaceful [lol]

Lolabelle
15-Jan-08, 10:43
Lolabelle... that is because you didn't encase your quotes properly - you ended up with your own comments inside the quotes, therefore not saying anything at all as far as the software was concerned. Each quote should start with a . Your comments should be outside this tags / markers.

Try again - we won't mind.

:o I can see that now Ricco. LOL
never mind, I think my message got through, if it didn't, let me know and I will redo it.

northener
15-Jan-08, 11:03
Most interesting threads?

Easy, it's the ones with my posts in.

Metalattakk
15-Jan-08, 11:17
Metalattakk, you mention the peace of the chatroom, come in and try running the quiz and you will not find it so peaceful [lol]

No chance! I've heard about the quiz... ;)

Saveman
15-Jan-08, 11:26
At last! A thread about threads! Just what we've been waiting for! ;)

I enjoy the threads where the contributors have strong opinions but are willing to reason on the subject, as apposed to orguing.

Though, that said, I have had some stimulating orguments in my time. :D

Gleber2
15-Jan-08, 15:43
Though, that said, I have had some stimulating orguments in my time. :D
Indeed we have!!!!!![evil]

Saveman
15-Jan-08, 15:50
Indeed we have!!!!!![evil]

LOL....and I've throughly enjoyed our discussions Gleber2, thank you.