PDA

View Full Version : Elephant Diarys

highlander
14-Jan-08, 21:45
Has anyone else been watching this lovely programme about saving baby elephants, the bonds that they have with each other is beautiful, but it makes me so angry that the poachers have to kill thier mothers, for what? thier ivory tusks, sport. Why does man kind have to be so cruel, just that a few can adore thier ivory tacky ordiments.
I know this is a bit off the thread of the elephant diarys, but when i read in the papers about the baby polarbears being left to die in a germany zoo, they did not want to interfer with nature, well im sorry but you did that when u took them into the zoo, there are many things that man do not understand but think they know it all, and if the animals are being taken out of thier inviroment and placed into a zoo, and the mother wants to kill them, do you think it was right for the zoo to adopt the cub? I centainly do.

hotrod4
14-Jan-08, 22:02
It is an amazing program.
Seeing just how intelligent these animals are is stunning.
I am dreading seeing it on Friday when we find out how the baby will react to her "adopted" mother being moved, better get the hankies out!!

brokencross
15-Jan-08, 09:11
I really enjoy the prog. As you say they are such intelligent beasties and seem so gentle for their size. I laughed when the baby was sleeping with her trunk tightly curled up and it inflated and deflated as she "snored". The keepers also seem to have a genuine love of the animals.

young_fishin_neep
15-Jan-08, 10:21
i have seen it and found it alright. but i still preferd the big cat week i found it much more intresting. plus i love the happy stories and seeing the cute baby cubs playing with eachother.

kaz xxx

floyed
15-Jan-08, 10:32
I have been watching it, it is very good veiwing was nearly in tears last night when they were loading them up to be moved and the elephant was making all at noises:D

Lavenderblue2
15-Jan-08, 11:27
Elephant Dairies is a wonderful program - they are almost human in their ways - what about the little one that sucks the older ones ear for comfort and it's not just any old ear - it has to be this one. I wonder how that dear little ellie will get on now that that the ellie she had grown attached to has been moved on. It is so sad to see them -

I started crying at elephants when I was very small - does anyone remember Dumbo's mother when she was in jail hanging her trunk out through the bars to comfort Dumbo and singing 'Baby mine don't you cry' :~( Hisk...

Sorry Highlander I digress - another good thread!

LB