PDA

View Full Version : "blonde moments"

Thumper
14-Jan-08, 15:25
What has been your "blonde moment" recently?Mine def has to be the time I complained to my son that my new airfreshner in the car didnt smell of anything,he opened it up to have a look...yup I hadn't taken the top off it :roll::lol: x

Ash
14-Jan-08, 15:27
i have too many to list :eek:

Anne x
14-Jan-08, 15:30
Telling a assistant who was helping me to pack my shopping that the carrier bag has a hole in it proceeded to pack shopping and shopping all landed on the floor chasing onions and lemons around peoples feet not a pretty sight [lol]

karia
14-Jan-08, 15:30
I accidently pressed control alt and the left arrow instead of delete ( they are right next to one another:roll:) and have spent the last hour peering at my monitor sideways until OH turned up and sorted it out.

God my neck hurts!:lol:

Julia
14-Jan-08, 16:42
I also have too many to list, the more children I have and the older I get the worse it gets! ;)

Lucy
14-Jan-08, 17:47
I thought something was really wrong with my bank account. the machine spat out my card 4 times b4 i realised i was trying to get money with my Tesco Club Card ( well they are both blue in colour).:lol:

Julia
14-Jan-08, 17:52
I thought something was really wrong with my bank account. the machine spat out my card 4 times b4 i realised i was trying to get money with my Tesco Club Card ( well they are both blue in colour).:lol:

That's typically the sort of thing I would do too, I once handed over my driving licence in Boots thinking it was my advantage card! I blushed a unique shade of red that day!

Torvaig
14-Jan-08, 18:13
I am a dreamer and have been since a child. Once while driving home from work (I had grown up by then) I came to and didn't recognise where I was. It was a road I had hardly ever been on and I had to keep driving until I recognised a land mark in the distance.

P.S.I have had more.....:lol:

P.P.S. Do men have blonde moments....

karia
14-Jan-08, 18:19
I am a dreamer and have been since a child. Once while driving home from work (I had grown up by then) I came to and didn't recognise where I was. It was a road I had hardly ever been on and I had to keep driving until I recognised a land mark in the distance.

Only the 'fair' ones...the unfair ones claim they don't!;)

Angela
14-Jan-08, 18:20
Only last week I handed the library assistant my bank card instead of my library card.

"Ermmm...are you sure you want to give me this?" he wondered. :confused Then I crossed the road and tried to pay in the Co-op with....my library card.

Bank card mainly blue - library card red & white. :roll:

Usually I find I'm trying to get cash out of the machine with my Tesco clubcard, my Advantage card ....or my library card ...and wondering why nothing is happening....

rhino
14-Jan-08, 19:27
find myself usually putting the milk back in the cupboard!!

or going to the supermarket for shopping, and coming back without the things i was supposed tobut lots of things that i wasnt.

the missus always laughs at me

twiglet
14-Jan-08, 19:49
Once put my plate in the bin and my lunch remains in the sink (PMT).

One of my most outstanding was turning up at a house I hadn't lived in for 3 years and trying to let myself in. I realised my mistake and had to travel a few more miles up the road to my then home(sleep deprivation and stress). Luckily I didn't bump into any of the old neighbours!

I also suffer from verbal blondness, does anyone else have this problem?

paris
14-Jan-08, 20:08

Oh Torvaig , how many times have i done that , and pulled up on my old address`s drive. Really embarrassing ! lol jan x

Razz
14-Jan-08, 20:29
Putting dirty dishes in the cupboard next to the dishwashers and wondering why they are still dirty

karia
14-Jan-08, 20:37
I did have a long and fairly intimate discussion with the woman next to me in Morrisons today before realising that she wasn't my husband!:eek:

mums angels
14-Jan-08, 21:05
Putting dirty dishes in the cupboard next to the dishwashers and wondering why they are still dirty

I'm terrible for puting plates , cups and cutlery in the bin :(

badger
14-Jan-08, 22:25
Don't have blonde moments any more - I have senior moments, just as bad. Make tea with coffee and vice versa, put milk in my orange juice (which is in a mug so why not?). Took what I thought was a new peanut butter jar out of the cupboard yesterday for grandchildren's tea and found it was empty. Wonder where the new one is?

karia
14-Jan-08, 22:29
My wonderful dad just put a stock cube in the kettle...he's not blonde either!

If he offers you a cuppa..say nah!;)

Thumper
14-Jan-08, 22:33
LOL I did that in Inverness one day Karia,grabbed the -then -hubby's hand and walked along only to realise I had taken a total strangers hand :eek: ...much to his amusement [lol] x

BRIE
15-Jan-08, 13:45
I remember going to dinner at my late mother in laws & complaining that the cottage pie tasted odd. She then realised she had added coffee granules instead of gravy granules to the mince!!:lol:

weestraw
15-Jan-08, 13:51
Making coffee with gravy granules do it the whole time and whats worse im niether blonde or senior!

mccaugm
15-Jan-08, 13:56
On the bus from Halkirk to College in Thurso. Started playing a silly game on my phone. Looked up from my phone thinking I must be nearly in Thurso only to find the bus had stopped in the centre of town. Had to walk all the way back up the hill. DOH!:eek:

helenwyler
15-Jan-08, 13:57
I'm not blonde but I do have my moments!

Last night I started yoga again after a few months 'rest';). It's a rush to get ready in time...halfway there I realised I'd put on my black pyjama bottoms instead of my black sports 'pants':eek:.

Luckily the lights were soft, and the hall was nearly full, so I squeezed myself in at the end of the row, my secret... safe!

mccaugm
15-Jan-08, 13:58
Making coffee with gravy granules do it the whole time and whats worse im niether blonde or senior!

Similar thread...adding salt instead of sugar...yeuch!

leggyweggy
02-May-08, 21:11
Blonde moments was posted a while back but have to share mine with you all, decided my tootsies would look nice in killer heeled sandals so got to work with false toenails .........

5 minutes later im shouting to my hubby im lying on the bed and cant get up he comes running up thinking his lucks in to find ive superglued a finger to my big toe and while trying to dislodge it ive glued a finger from my other hand to my big toe as well!!!

While trying to seperate my fingers from my toes my mum and dad visit and all they hear is me shouting "please dont do that it hurts, stop, please stop"!!

Eventually my fingers had to get sliced from my toes and i binned the false nails, but hey im a sucker for punishment ive just bought false toenails today but im not that blonde im going to get my friend to put them on for me!! :lol:

TBH
02-May-08, 21:30
Blonde moments was posted a while back but have to share mine with you all, decided my tootsies would look nice in killer heeled sandals so got to work with false toenails .........

5 minutes later im shouting to my hubby im lying on the bed and cant get up he comes running up thinking his lucks in.Never miss an opportunity.[lol]

Eventually my fingers had to get sliced from my toes and i binned the false nails, but hey im a sucker for punishment ive just bought false toenails today but im not that blonde im going to get my friend to put them on for me!! :lol:Now you are going to have your friends finger stuck to your toe.[lol]

joxville
02-May-08, 21:38
A friends daughter, blonde and 20yrs old, worked in a nightclub bar. She phoned in sick one night then went into the club with her friend 2 hours later! And she complained when they sacked her next day.

karia
02-May-08, 21:48
I am blonde..and a repeat offender with this one.

Husband opens passenger door as I wait patiently by it, I thank him and he goes round to the driver's side and gets into the car... after an interval he throws my door open from the inside and I say in some surprise from where I am still stood waiting "oh...did you open it?":eek:

"What did you think I was doing..and what did you thank me for?" says he...

...... I did it again today![lol]

TBH
02-May-08, 21:52
I am blonde..and a repeat offender with this one.

Husband opens passenger door as I wait patiently by it, I thank him and he goes round to the driver's side and gets into the car... after an interval he throws my door open from the inside and I say in some surprise from where I am still stood waiting "oh...did you open it?":eek:

"What did you think I was doing..and what did you thank me for?" says he...

...... I did it again today![lol]Blondes are not thick. Marilyn Monroe had a higher IQ than J.F.K and even Einstien. Then again she wasn't a real blonde.[lol]

Kevin Milkins
02-May-08, 21:55
When we moved house I put my wifes biker gear into a bin bag for easier transport and at some stage it was put out for the bin man as we never saw them again.:mad:

TBH
02-May-08, 21:57
When we moved house I put my wifes biker gear into a bin bag for easier transport and at some stage it was put out for the bin man as we never saw them again.:mad:Does she let you ride pillion if you're a good boy?
I am sure the binman was grateful.

karia
02-May-08, 22:15
Then again she wasn't a real blonde.[lol]

Who of us are?;)

TBH
02-May-08, 22:35
Who of us are?;)There are lot's of bottled blondes but the truth is out there, if you know where to look.[lol]

leggyweggy
02-May-08, 22:42
Get highlights then you can have the fun of a blonde and the memory of a brunette in the morning!!

TBH
02-May-08, 22:46
Get highlights then you can have the fun of a blonde and the memory of a brunette in the morning!!Blondes have more fun? They are treated as being thick, is that fun?[lol]

leggyweggy
02-May-08, 22:54
TBH is was said in fun, sorry if i offended!

TBH
02-May-08, 23:03
TBH is was said in fun, sorry if i offended!I was joking also. Sometimes what you post on here gets misconstrued, no worries. Apology not accepted, 'cos it is unessessary.:D

leggyweggy
02-May-08, 23:07
Sorry i took that wrong, im brunette but hey ive got blonde highlights!!:lol:

Thumper
02-May-08, 23:11
Hey leggyweggy dont wory TBH is a pussy if you know how to talk to him ;) x

leggyweggy
02-May-08, 23:19
Thumper is this pick on TBH hour? You should know im the cheekiest girl out there but its all done in fun, thought oh drat ive only been in here a day and ive offended!! xx

kara
02-May-08, 23:48
my best one..

stayin at my other halfs one night, and woke up about 4 in the morning. Was really hot. Covers went off, nope still hot. Woke up my OH asked him to open the window, did that, nope. Asked him to make sure the heatin was off, yip it was off. When he came back to bed and came over to my side, he said " have u the electric blanket on?" Answer,,,, YES

hahaha he still teases me for it.

Thumper
02-May-08, 23:49
I am sure you can make TBH putty in your hands...hes a nce mannie really hun x

thejudd
03-May-08, 18:38
I have too many blonde moments to name them all lol But I did make sweet pancakes one night and instead of putting sugar and lemon juice on then i picked up the salt container lol they are part of a set of containers on my shelf and are the same colour just one is smaller then the other one lol

karia
03-May-08, 18:50
Driving past some lovely fields yesterday and there were sheep and lambs frolicking about....very pastoral.

Says me to him " look, white lambs...ooh and there's a brown one..do you get brown lambs?

Him to me (poker faced) " Nah,they are all white, that one's just been in a muddy puddle"

It took me quite a long blonde moment to suss that the mickey was being well and truly taken.

Blonde...and a townie!:roll::lol:

thejudd
03-May-08, 22:20
Driving past some lovely fields yesterday and there were sheep and lambs frolicking about....very pastoral.

Says me to him " look, white lambs...ooh and there's a brown one..do you get brown lambs?

Him to me (poker faced) " Nah,they are all white, that one's just been in a muddy puddle"

It took me quite a long blonde moment to suss that the mickey was being well and truly taken.

Blonde...and a townie!:roll::lol:

Awwwwwww karia thats not nice of him up near golspie they have lambs that are either red, blue,yellow or green :lol:

Moi x
04-May-08, 03:05
I don't understand why anyone would get upset at groundless suppositions concerning hair colour and intelligence. We blondes know we're smart. :cool:

Moi x

Dadie
04-May-08, 09:51
I dont know if its a blonde thing or not but after having Lauren I now seem to exist in a different time zone to my single/childless pals ....just phoned one for a chat to be told its Sunday morning...oops...we have been up since 6:30 and thought it was later than it is ..
I havant been invited out to a night out in ages...
Im usually to knackered to go anyway but being invited would be nice...
Im getting into gardening (in a small way but its something that always baffled me before)

squidge
04-May-08, 10:43
LOL Me too dadie - i have blonde moments all the time - milk in the steam iron, first aid kit in the freezer!!!!

My kids call it maternal dementia when i ask them to take the washing out of the dryer and put it in the freezer, or to unpack the shopping and put it in the washing machine. My words are all confused in my head sometimes. Its a source of great hilarity in our house I have to say.

Dadie
04-May-08, 10:45
I watered the flowers faster because it had started raining and wanted them done before going inside..to get out the rain...explain that one!

thebigman
07-May-08, 14:52
Putting salt in my coffee yesterday on the way home from south.

George Brims
07-May-08, 21:27
Similar thread...adding salt instead of sugar...yeuch!
Many years ago I worked in Burnett's Bakery in Inverness for a couple of college summers. I worked on the machine that sliced and wrapped the old fashioned plain loaf (How old fashioned? The machine was older than me).
Across from us was the donut machine. One morning a bloke loaded it up with a big batch of batter and set it going. He then went and fetched a bread board with a big pile of sugar and placed it so the donuts would fall in the sugar as they came off the machine. Just as the first pair were about to drop off, a call came for him over the PA to go to the front office. I bolted over and grabbed the two hot donuts, rolled them in the sugar, and bolted back behind the machine. Handing one to my mate, I bit into it. Total mental blankness - for a split second my brain actually told me it tasted of nothing - then it gave in and the horrible sensation of a salted donut hit me! Being helpful blokes, we waited till the operator came back and watched him try one. [lol] Fortunately only about 8 or 10 got wasted. Up in the flour loft, some nitwit had emptied a whole pallet's worth of bags of salt into the caster sugar hopper. Good thing the donut guy had taken some, as otherwise a lot of baked stuff could have turned out a disaster. I heard that they had once had to scrap a whole shift's worth of cream-filled stuff for the same reason.

George Brims
07-May-08, 21:33
Better own up to my own one while I'm at it. One Valentine's Day I had the evening planned. Pate, French bread and a side salad to start, followed by a paprika chicken thing with noodles. Well we ate the first course and then I dished up the main to SWMBO. As I was putting my own portion on the plate she tried it, and discovered it was a bit hot - so hot in fact we couldn't eat it. Stupid spice company, putting paprika and cayenne pepper in identical containers, and expecting people to read the label!

karia
07-May-08, 22:00
Better own up to my own one while I'm at it. One Valentine's Day I had the evening planned. Pate, French bread and a side salad to start, followed by a paprika chicken thing with noodles. Well we ate the first course and then I dished up the main to SWMBO. As I was putting my own portion on the plate she tried it, and discovered it was a bit hot - so hot in fact we couldn't eat it. Stupid spice company, putting paprika and cayenne pepper in identical containers, and expecting people to read the label!

You lightweight George!:roll:

Now if it had been chilli powder.....maybe.;)

George Brims
08-May-08, 21:35
You lightweight George!:roll:

Now if it had been chilli powder.....maybe.;)
What? Red cayenne pepper is the hot component in Chili powder. So what I used didn't have the other milder components.

evelyn
08-May-08, 22:53
I parked my car in the coop car park a few weeks ago and went in to do my shopping.
Behind me came a man who kindly told me that he'd noticed that one of my brake lights wasn't working. 'Its the one on the drivers side' he said.
Without thinking I answered 'Front or back?'
OOPS!!!!
evelyn

padfoot
16-May-08, 01:36
electric went out and wen i went to put it bk on i tried to turn the hall light on to c wat in was doin and got annoyed coz it wouldnt work hahahahahaha one of my finest blonde moments

stretch
16-May-08, 11:46
whilst speaking to an irish guy, i went on to ask him if he was welsh or swedish! oh the shame

_Ju_
16-May-08, 12:25
Eventually my fingers had to get sliced from my toes and i binned the false nails, but hey im a sucker for punishment ive just bought false toenails today but im not that blonde im going to get my friend to put them on for me!!

An image just jumped to my mind: you trying to explain to the A&E personell why your friend was glued to your toes!

padfoot
16-May-08, 13:05
haha that would b funny

mccaugm
16-May-08, 13:22
My friend was once intrigued why peppers fitted so well into the boxes in the grocers (??) Her boyfriend at the time told her they had been redesigned to fit into them. She believed him..!!!

My standard one used to be putting my glasses on the top of my head (think trendy sunglasses) and then spending ages looking for them. :lol:

Poppy_88
16-May-08, 13:40
2 Blonde stories:

One evening the other week, my flatmates and i were watching tv, when an advert came on... featuring an animated dog, in a car, talking about the car.... my flatmate piped up: " That is SOO strange - the dog has a seat-belt on...." Like the whole talking business is quite the norm.. hahaha

Was celebrating my friends 21st in a Thai restaurant in the city centre... meals took a while to arrive as it was busy, so with a few glasses of wine, i actually forgot what i had ordered.. It eventually arrived, and half way through i concluded: "Mmm.. kind of tastes like grass, but in a lemony way...?" Yup, Thai green lemongrass curry. Idiot!