PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite position?

TBH
14-Jan-08, 05:03
Do you like sleeping on your back, left or right side? Left or right side of the bed?

Rheghead
14-Jan-08, 06:54
For a second there, I thought this thread was going to be rather more interesting....;)

I'm not fussy anyway which side.

brokencross
14-Jan-08, 08:20
I am a restless so and so, but start off in the foetal postion on my right side on right side of bed with my right foot out from under the duvet and my right hand under my cheek. All right.

Now TBH, pray tell me what line of social study are you following that requires you to know my sleeping position

candyfloss
14-Jan-08, 10:18
For a second there, I thought this thread was going to be rather more interesting....;)

That's what i was thinking too [lol]
I usually sleep on my back most of the time.

TBH
14-Jan-08, 10:20
I am a restless so and so, but start off in the foetal postion on my right side on right side of bed with my right foot out from under the duvet and my right hand under my cheek. All right.

Now TBH, pray tell me what line of social study are you following that requires you to know my sleeping positionNo reason for the thread apart from I thought it was a good idea at the time.[lol]

Julia
14-Jan-08, 10:37
My immediate thoughts on this thread is who cares? I think you have too much time on your hands to be thinking up inane questions like these. I'm not usually so blunt but lately there have been a lot of the same ilk.

Andrew C
14-Jan-08, 10:38
On my left side, on the right hand side of the bed...always. Its a mystery as to why!

Ash
14-Jan-08, 10:59
what i dont get is if you dont like the thread, why bother posting on it???

i sleep on what ever side i feel like :D

Metalattakk
14-Jan-08, 11:22
Most pointless thread ever. :roll:

TBH
14-Jan-08, 12:06
My immediate thoughts on this thread is who cares? I think you have too much time on your hands to be thinking up inane questions like these. I'm not usually so blunt but lately there have been a lot of the same ilk.You cared enough to post on the thread, nobody forced you except for your own desire to start an argument. Get back under your bridge nasty internet troll.[lol]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/voltarol/dontfeedthetrollmini2.png

Most pointless thread ever. You never know, I may do a thread about the most pointless thread ever.

NLP
14-Jan-08, 12:12
right side of the bed, start of on my right side then when the wee one comes into the bed I'm on my left side so I can cuddle her.

paris
14-Jan-08, 12:21
I dont sleep in a bed...I sleep on the floor and have done for almost 20 yrs. Bad bones and all that lol jan x

xx_chickie
14-Jan-08, 12:42
Haha the real subject of this thread was a shocker!

I always sleep on my right-hand side, foetal position, facing the wall. Always. I can't sleep otherwise! ...it's what happens when you come from my planet :lol:.

TBH
14-Jan-08, 14:32
Haha the real subject of this thread was a shocker!

I always sleep on my right-hand side, foetal position, facing the wall. Always. I can't sleep otherwise! ...it's what happens when you come from my planet :lol:.We would probably get banned for typing about what you all thought the thread was about.[lol]
That nice David (the new messiah) Icke warned me about you illegal aliens.

Thumper
14-Jan-08, 14:35
Right beside George Clooney ;)...def my fav position [lol] x

TBH
14-Jan-08, 14:40
Right beside George Clooney ;)...def my fav position xNobody could ever take the place of his now deceased pot-bellied pig.:D

brandy
14-Jan-08, 14:50
i try to sleep on my right side fetal post. but then my hip gets sore! then im on my belly, then my back.. then facing hubby.. who i then roll over as i cant stand to have someone breathe on me.. then onto my back again.. and once i push him to the 3 mm left of the bed i cozy down in the center with about 4-5 pillows two for my head one for my face and one for between my legs *laughs* ohh and i start out on the right side of the bes as well...
he must really love me as we will be celebrating 8 years of wedded bliss come the 1st of may!

Ash
14-Jan-08, 15:03

and the award for most pointless post goes to..... yes you guessed it! METALATTAKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

unicorn
14-Jan-08, 15:10
I cannot understand the need for everyone to be so rude to each other, as said many times before if you don't like something then don't participate. Every persons thought and feelings are valid and no person should have the right to tell others that what they find a valid post is pointless. It obviously is not pointless to the person who starts the thread. If you were in company with people face to face in a group and someone said something that did not interest you would you be rude enough to say shut up I don't want to listen to what you say it has no point? It is exactly the same here.

unicorn
14-Jan-08, 15:14
my favourite position is on my right side with my arm under my pillow and my left leg out of the covers.

foxy-jnr
14-Jan-08, 15:14
I sleep on the right side of my bed on my right side.

Julia
14-Jan-08, 16:30
You cared enough to post on the thread, nobody forced you except for your own desire to start an argument. Get back under your bridge nasty internet troll.

Just so you know I have reported this comment to admin, I am very offended!

I am entitled to have an opinion on a pointless thread just the same as everybody else but I don't lower the tone by slagging people off and name-calling! [evil]

Metalattakk
14-Jan-08, 17:04
I cannot understand the need for everyone to be so rude to each other, as said many times before if you don't like something then don't participate. Every persons thought and feelings are valid and no person should have the right to tell others that what they find a valid post is pointless. It obviously is not pointless to the person who starts the thread.

Yes, people's thoughts and opinions are valid. Of course they are. But posting drivel on this messageboard does nothing but clog up server space and worse than that, it gives encouragement to others to post drivel. This thread is utterly pointless. Who on earth is interested in what position anyone sleeps? Who? And more importantly, why?

If you were in company with people face to face in a group and someone said something that did not interest you would you be rude enough to say shut up I don't want to listen to what you say it has no point? It is exactly the same here.

If I were in company and someone asked 'What position do you sleep in?", can you guess what my reaction would be? Would any imaginable reaction include an answer to the question? No, thought not.

It's exactly the same here. ;)

scorrie
14-Jan-08, 17:21
Yes, people's thoughts and opinions are valid. Of course they are. But posting drivel on this messageboard does nothing but clog up server space and worse than that, it gives encouragement to others to post drivel. This thread is utterly pointless. Who on earth is interested in what position anyone sleeps? Who? And more importantly, why?

If I were in company and someone asked 'What position do you sleep in?", can you guess what my reaction would be? Would any imaginable reaction include an answer to the question? No, thought not.

It's exactly the same here. ;)

One man's drivel can be of interest to others. Where do you draw the line and decide what IS worthy?

The fact that people have posted replies proves that there IS interest.

If the topics don't interest you it is easy enough to move onto something else. You seem to be hyper-critical these days. The topics are not good enough, the moderation isn't right, people are off-topic etc

This is a forum for all to post what takes their fancy. If that doesn't do it for you, perhaps it's time to set up Metalattakk.com ?

That way you can make your own rules and can ban anything that doesn't provide mental nourishment.

Incidentally, I sleep on my right-side, arm under the pillow. No fancy reasoning involved, my left shoulder is goosed.

Metalattakk
14-Jan-08, 17:43
So you're happy for the board to become a children's playground, with endless stupid questions being posed?

Some of these recent threads have been frankly laughable. Lines do have to be drawn, I believe.

TBH
14-Jan-08, 20:03
My immediate thoughts on this thread is who cares? I think you have too much time on your hands to be thinking up inane questions like these. I'm not usually so blunt but lately there have been a lot of the same ilk.You don't come on here lowering the tone by slagging people off but thanks for the positive rep, most decent of you?[lol]

Just so you know I have reported this comment to admin, I am very offended! Take your righteous indignation to another thread please.

I am entitled to have an opinion on a pointless thread just the same as everybody else but I don't lower the tone by slagging people off and name-calling! [evil]You are entitled to an opinion but you are not entitled to come onto someones thread to say how pointless it is! That is known as internet trolling and you are guilty of it so you are an internet troll.

So you're happy for the board to become a children's playground, with endless stupid questions being posed?

Some of these recent threads have been frankly laughable. Lines do have to be drawn, I believe.What exactly gives you the right to draw any lines? Quite frankly what I choose to post about is absolutely none of your business so take your trolling elsewhere if you don't like the thread don't post on it.

Yes, people's thoughts and opinions are valid. Of course they are. But posting drivel on this messageboard does nothing but clog up server space and worse than that, it gives encouragement to others to post drivel. This thread is utterly pointless. Who on earth is interested in what position anyone sleeps? Who? And more importantly, why?Again, what has it got to do with you what anybody posts about?

Metalattakk
14-Jan-08, 20:27
If I don't like a thread I have every right to post in it.

If I believe that there have been far too many of these types of thread recently, then again I have the right to express my worries and concerns for the future development of the board.

Most of these discussions should be held in the chat room, not on the message board.

TBH
14-Jan-08, 20:39
If I don't like a thread I have every right to post in it.

If I believe that there have been far too many of these types of thread recently, then again I have the right to express my worries and concerns for the future development of the board.

Most of these discussions should be held in the chat room, not on the message board.So why not write a nice email to the admin explaining your views. How would you police this, we could run our threads past yourself for approval before we post them?

mums angels
14-Jan-08, 20:53
I also thought this thread was going to be more interesting ;)

I used to sleep on my tummy but now at 23 weeks pregnant i've resigned to sleeping on my right side in the fetal postion :(

paris
14-Jan-08, 21:03
Lighten up you lot! Its just a bit of fun and and we all need a bit of that these days. The bad weather is making everyone grumpy.STOP IT . jan x

TBH
14-Jan-08, 21:12
Lighten up you lot! Its just a bit of fun and and we all need a bit of that these days. The bad weather is making everyone grumpy.STOP IT . jan xThey started it.;)

paris
14-Jan-08, 21:14
LOL :lol:ner ner ner ner ner ! jan x

crustyroll
14-Jan-08, 22:56
Okay all us 'trolls that live under the bridge' as you call it, please come out and stand up and say what a stupid post this is!!!!!!

Yes we need fun but go to a chatroom for this kinda stuff. I come onto the board to read and talk about intelligent things and dont care how other people sleep. How many others out there really care?

What exactly is being gained from this post bar upsetting some folk as you are being rude and childish by calling them names? Its not nice either that only one other poster has stuck up for Julia and defended the post. Does no one on this thread think that TBH was being childish, rude, nasty and personal to another member on the org?

WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS???? I THOUGHT PERSONAL SLAGGING ATTACKS IS NOT GOOD INTERNET ETIQUETTE?

There is no need for this on the board. I would not normally read this kind of post as I know it would normally be a complete waste of time but recently there has been very few sensible threads and its putting people off from visiting and posting on this usually great site.

I AWAIT MY OWN PERSONAL SLAGGING ATTACK FROM TBH NOW, ANY ONE ELSE CARE TO JOIN IN AND KICK ME AS WELL?

Bobinovich
14-Jan-08, 23:03
Apart from a few contentious subjects there are no specific rules regarding what can and can't be started as a thread topic. Those contentious subjects, when started, are monitored regularly to ensure they remain on a suitable track. We have had many thought-provoking 'conversations' on this forum as well as some more light hearted ones - all are perfectly acceptable.

If, once you've read the first post/few posts, you do not consider it to be of interest to you then, rather than leaving a negative post against the poster(s) or subject matter, please simply consider leaving the thread well alone and moving on. It saves adding to the Mods workload removing posts and issuing warnings or infractions.

Thumper
14-Jan-08, 23:06
Apart from a few contentious subjects there are no specific rules regarding what can and can't be started as a thread topic. Those contentious subjects, when started, are monitored regularly to ensure they remain on a suitable track. We have had many thought-provoking 'conversations' on this forum as well as some more light hearted ones - all are perfectly acceptable.

If, once you've read the first post/few posts, you do not consider it to be of interest to you then, rather than leaving a negative post against the poster(s) or subject matter, please simply consider leaving the thread well alone and moving on. It saves adding to the Mods workload removing posts and issuing warnings or infractions.

Here here! sense talking at last! why does everybody have to drag everybody down?who cares what they want to talk about,its just a bit of fun!...if you dont like it .....read another thread!live and let live IMO x

crustyroll
14-Jan-08, 23:15

Yep I totally agree and like i said earlier I wouldn't normally post on this kind of thread but I dont agree with name calling and there was no need for it.

brandy
14-Jan-08, 23:19
well, i liked the orig, post. i thought it all made us a little more human.
its something we all do, totally graceless and im sure theres snoring, and slobbering, and mumbles and talking in our sleep *grins*
it did bring back a fond memory, of when my brother took a tape recorder around the house in the middle of the night years ago, recorded everyone snoring and making sleep sounds.. the next day he gathered us all together and played it to us.. and we had a blast figuring out who was who and laughing at the sheepish embarassed looks of those who didnt know they made those noises in their sleep!

scorrie
15-Jan-08, 00:27

Some of these recent threads have been frankly laughable. Lines do have to be drawn, I believe.

A board becomes what it is after a certain period of time. Unless Stephen Hawking and Jeremy Paxman are posting here, then there are limitations on the mind stretching that is going to occur. If the input were ALL intellectual, then many would not post. I am sure there are forums out there for the higher minded to put their grey cells into overdrive on. Other forums exist for fun only. This forum is for Caithness, I would imagine a fair spread would be represented on it. It is unrealistic to expect ANY forum to cater to the needs of ANY individual.

Don't like the threads? Start your own ones then.

Margaret M.
15-Jan-08, 00:37
Very well said, Scorrie. I prefer threads with a little more substance but some fluff here and there is fine. If I don't like the topic, I just click on by.

Metalattakk
15-Jan-08, 00:41
Seriously scorrie, I can't believe you quoted Hawking and Paxman in the same sentence. What is the world coming to? Why not throw in Clarkson while you're at it? :lol:

OK, I agree that all the content cannot possibly be intellectual, and that there is room (and plenty of it) for fun and buffoonery (preferably Bacchanalian!) but please, spare me the Tufty Club!!

As crustyroll says, use the chat room, that's what it's for.

karia
15-Jan-08, 00:45
Right side of the bed

On my left side..with the pillow folded 1/3 of the way under and my hand beneath it..right leg must be on the outside of the duvet at all times.
Other than that I'm not fussy!:lol:

Might move in pursuit of a cool pillow.

trix
15-Jan-08, 01:31
i fall asleep on ma rite side. i always fall asleep wi a book in ma hand an then wake up when it hits e deck, then i turn e lite off...

i da ken fit happens efter at', cos im sleepin :Razz

TBH
15-Jan-08, 02:05
Okay all us 'trolls that live under the bridge' as you call it, please come out and stand up and say what a stupid post this is!!!!!!I was led to believe trolls lived under bridges, bang goes another urban myth. You will be telling me next that santa and the tooth fairy are not real.:eek:

Yes we need fun but go to a chatroom for this kinda stuff. I don't think I will and I will continue to post what I like when I like within the rules of this forum

I come onto the board to read and talk about intelligent things and dont care how other people sleep. How many others out there really care? Try posting something intelligent then instead of bleating about it on here!
Lots of people cared enough to post positive replies to this thread, definitely more good than bad. Whether you care about the content of this thread is your prerogative but I would suggest that if you don't like a particular thread then do not post on it! Simple enough for you?

What exactly is being gained from this post bar upsetting some folk as you are being rude and childish by calling them names? Its not nice either that only one other poster has stuck up for Julia and defended the post. Does no one on this thread think that TBH was being childish, rude, nasty and personal to another member on the org?If a thread asking what is your favourite sleeping position upsets anyone then I would strongly suggest that they re-examine their mindset and ask themselves why a harmless thread upsets them so much, maybe get the doctor to up there meds a bit.[lol]

WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS???? I THOUGHT PERSONAL SLAGGING ATTACKS IS NOT GOOD INTERNET ETIQUETTE? I just posted a thread and was subjected to a written attack for posting it. Maybe you should examine the rules of this forum about trolling or perhaps ask a mod what his/her views are about someone coming into a thread with the sole purpose of slagging that thread and it's author.

There is no need for this on the board. Who exactly are you and what authority have you got to decide what should be on these boards? Like I have already stated, I will post about whatever I like whenever I like as long as it is within the rules.

I would not normally read this kind of post as I know it would normally be a complete waste of time but recently there has been very few sensible threads and its putting people off from visiting and posting on this usually great site.Simple answer, don't read it, don't post on it. There is nothing whatsoever stopping these supposed people from starting their own threads on whatever they wish and this or any other thread is in no way going to stop anyone from posting and to say so is beyond ridiculous.

floyed
15-Jan-08, 10:37

lol:D I agree!!

scorrie
15-Jan-08, 16:17
As crustyroll says, use the chat room, that's what it's for.

It could equally be said that the intellectual leviathans could book into the chat room and polish one another's egos of an evening.

Hands off Paxo by the way, he gets EVERY single answer correct on University Challenge!! Even Hawksy couldn't manage that, as I know for a fact that there is a HUGE Black Hole of a gap in his knowledge of Laundry marks ;)

karia
15-Jan-08, 16:19
It could equally be said that the intellectual leviathans could book into the chat room and polish one another's egos of an evening. ;)

Excellent point!:lol:

starry
15-Jan-08, 16:30
i da ken fit happens efter at', cos im sleepin :Razz

:lol:

I am very much of the live and let live, obviously some people have an interest or nobody would have posted at all.

Dadie
15-Jan-08, 17:08
i sleep on the right hand side of the bed on my right side usually.
Lauren sleeps anywhere in her room sometimes even in her bed usually face down and bum in the air (i do usually put her back in her bed)

MISS K
15-Jan-08, 18:56
:lol:this post has made my day, a simple question that turned into a school ground scrap, what makes me laugh is if i was a child in a schoolyard i would indeed "stand up" for my mate getting a bit of stick, not on a posting on the org.....well done TBH certain posters have oviously being discussing your post which shows how much time they have on their hands,and are looking for a "good fight" and actually its nice to have a question asked that you have to think about, even though its something we do every night, god knows there are posts on here and in other sections that are great big boring lectures...yawn

okay i sleep on my left side, curled up, duvet tucked up under my chin...cosy, with harry lying on the floor beside me, handy for me to give him a stroke when ever i want too....harry is the dog by the way.....and not Mr K:lol:

Phoenix200416
15-Jan-08, 19:32
harry is the dog by the way.....and not Mr K

Haha glad you cleared that one up Miss K.

I sleep on my right side facing the wall, the corner of my pillow folded over for my head, my right hand under my cheek and my left hand crossed over the top and holding my duvet.

I had to think about that. Its amazing seeing how its something I do everynight :)

karia
15-Jan-08, 19:40
okay i sleep on my left side, curled up, duvet tucked up under my chin...cosy, with harry lying on the floor beside me, handy for me to give him a stroke when ever i want too....harry is the dog by the way.....and not Mr K:lol:

I hope that your Mr K is as nice as my Mr K!:lol:

MISS K
15-Jan-08, 20:11
I hope that your Mr K is as nice as my Mr K!:lol:

well Karia im presuming its harry and not Mr k attention seeking:lol:

karia
15-Jan-08, 20:20
well Karia im presuming its harry and not Mr k attention seeking

You wanna check!:eek:

Maybe Mr K is lying tummy up on the floor and Harry is d/hogging the duvet!

Brilliant picture in my head of the dog leaning over your shoulder and saying..

"well hello there" in a deep voice!:lol:

WeeBurd
15-Jan-08, 22:13
You wanna check!

Maybe Mr K is lying tummy up on the floor and Harry is d/hogging the duvet!

Brilliant picture in my head of the dog leaning over your shoulder and saying..

"well hello there" in a deep voice!

I don't think you'd be far wrong there, Karia, when Mr K is working the nightshift, lol! [lol]

karia
15-Jan-08, 22:17
I don't think you'd be far wrong there, Karia, when Mr K is working the nightshift, lol! [lol]

Hi Weebs,

Even though we don't have a dog I will be sleeping upside down in the spare room tonight.

I hope there's nothing under the pillow!:eek:

trix
15-Jan-08, 22:35
iss' thread is totaly crackin me up :lol:

who said it wis rubbish???? :Razz

WeeBurd
15-Jan-08, 22:38
I'm not sure what my favourite position is as I'm a bit of a mover... generally wake up on my back though :eek:.

(NO innuendo intended, I'm just a wriggler in bed [lol])

TBH
15-Jan-08, 22:41
I'm not sure what my favourite position is as I'm a bit of a mover... generally wake up on my back though .

(NO innuendo intended, I'm just a wriggler in bed [lol])I think you have just dug yourself a hole there.[lol]

DeHaviLand
15-Jan-08, 23:03
Doesnt matter which side of the bed it is, as long as its the side nearest the window :confused. Dont know why, but I've always been that way.