PDA

View Full Version : Harbour Cafe, Wick

Fran
14-Jan-08, 02:49
What a difference since the Harbour cafe has been taken over, and it is so popular and always busy now. Lovely huge portions and variety of home baking, big bowls of freshly made soup, and lovely snacks etc. Pot of tea and china cups/mugs. Enjoyed my visit very much and will go back often.

Mr P Cannop
14-Jan-08, 07:20
whos the new owners ??

mandy&baz
14-Jan-08, 12:27
yeah totally agree excellent food and excellent service, they have actually done something with the place compared to the indians who just ran the place into the ground......but one thing......where has the shop gone!!! it was the best shop for hangover junk food like crisps.....ice cream etc etc.....totally goin to miss the shop

Fran
15-Jan-08, 01:36
The shop has been changed and is now nearly ready and will be a coffee/tea/snack bar etc, and the cafe next door will become a restaurant.

angela5
15-Jan-08, 15:15
The shop has been changed and is now nearly ready and will be a coffee/tea/snack bar etc, and the cafe next door will become a restaurant.

I heard that part was going to be a 'workmans cafe' or scruffy folk.:eek:

Torvaig
15-Jan-08, 17:21
I heard that part was going to be a 'workmans cafe' or scruffy folk.:eek:

A workmens' cafe is a good idea; they need somewhere where their work clothes won't be frowned upon. Not everybody likes eating out of a piece box and making up a flask plus they can all meet up for the craic!

thursobhoy
16-Jan-08, 21:51
Yeah the food is great!! All homemade fresh on the day, and where the shop used to be is defo going to be a workmans cafe. Next door is going to get a facelift so its a bit nicer to sit in. A+++++

porshiepoo
16-Jan-08, 22:02
I'm lost!!
We used to go in there quite often and thought the food was great, then we went in a few months ago and it suddenly seemed a dive. One very unfriendly indian lady was serving and the place looked bare and awful. I remember seeing the Tunnoch tea cakes on the side looked like they'd been sat on, they were that flat. Anyways we vowed never to go in again.
Has it been taken over again then????

nicnic74
16-Jan-08, 22:15
Yes it has been taken over by Irene Sinclair & Fiona Polson, & it is such a pleasure to go into now as it is nice & clean not like it was when the last owners had it, the food is very tasty & the baking which is all homemade is bonny & good.
U get a lovely plate of soup 2 & everything is available for carryout

weeksider
19-Jan-08, 14:52
I see it is open again and the food [soup] is very good they also do home baking.
Very Busy on Wed dinner time,hardly get a seat in it.
Keep it up Girls

bluelady
20-Jan-08, 16:35
Oh well, my OH will be back in there again when he's in Wick, ruining his diet !:roll:

spacehopper
05-Feb-08, 17:33
to be honest i dont thik to much of the harbour cafe i think the outside and inside has much more potential than is showing :) but who knows now the new owners are there?? allthough i have been in and i did not get a welcoming smile or even a hello not untill i initiated the convosation i was dissapointed!

thursobhoy
05-Feb-08, 21:35
well im very surprised about the previous comment as every time i have been there it has been wonderful. All the staff are very welcoming and helpful also the food is excellent and you can tell that everything is homemade fresh on the day.