PDA

View Full Version : House Selling

caithpal
08-Oct-05, 20:01
I'm moving to Halkirk and want to know who you would recommend using to sell my house in Thurso. I have been told that they generally charge about 1% but does this include solicitors fees or are they on top? Any recommendations appreciated.

Tristan
10-Oct-05, 09:03
Why not just put an advert here on Caithness.org? The charge isn't much, and you don't have to pay the 1% marketing fee. Just make sure you describe your property accurately!

Solicitors fees are separate from the listing fees and usually run between £4-600 depending on how complicated your sale is, and you'd still have to pay these obviously.

The only other suggestion I can offer is if you know someone at Dounreay have them put a message on the bulletin board system there. It costs nothing, and can be very effective.

watman
10-Oct-05, 11:32
I have used Young Robertson & co when selling my property and they were fantastic, very professional and helpful. I would not recommend you use The Mortgage Shop i know of many people that have had a bad experience when using them.

Doleve
10-Oct-05, 13:25
Iwas charged about £700 in 2003 by young robertsons for my house.In the past i used dunnet and co, and always found them ok, but lately, since chaange of owners, even the staff advised some i know to go elsewhere!

kas
10-Oct-05, 16:35
We put a private ad in the local paper when selling our house, and it was sold within a week. But demand for houses was very high at the time.
If you know someone in Dounreay the Dounreay intranet is also another option.

Tristan
10-Oct-05, 17:17
We don't charge a penny for our property advertising, feel free to submit your details here:

http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/submit_sale.php

Its a good idea to look through a few other properties on the site to see what types of things you should be telling people.

Niall Fernie
Admin

My apologies! I have a friend who had advertised through you, and she told me that there was a £25 charge...but she also said that her cheque hadn't been cashed yet. Thanks for setting that straight.

caithpal
12-Oct-05, 10:36
Thanks everyone. I found a guy on ebay selling custom made for sale signs so I might just give that a try and put a private add in the Groat and use the Caithness.org web site. I'll try to get a friend to put it on the Dounreay notice board

CHEERS!!!!!!!