PDA

View Full Version : Tie down the wheelie bins again ...

Tugmistress
13-Jan-08, 23:07
overnight from tuesday lunch to about lunch time wednesday expect some strong winds swinging from NE to N direction gusting to about 70 or maybe 80mph again. worst time will be early hours wednesday morning to about 9am ish so watch out on the dark roads for escapee wheelie bins again.

and if you are looking for snow we may get a dusting overnight wednesday :confused it's hard to predict but it's been looking like for a couple of days now.

carasmam
13-Jan-08, 23:09
Thanks, the weather warnings are really appreciated :)

Ash
13-Jan-08, 23:11
yes i love what she predicts and its always right, thanks x:D

unicorn
13-Jan-08, 23:11
Thanks tuggs..

Wellies
13-Jan-08, 23:12
I find your warnings very useful. They seem to be the only ones that are accurate. Being a farmer I find them really helpful. Thanks tugmistress and please don't stop.

alanatkie
13-Jan-08, 23:33
Yes Tuggs they are helpful. Please don't stop.

changilass
13-Jan-08, 23:39
Now this really has to get price for most worthless poll:lol:

Of course your weather warnings are usefull

Please don't ever stop posting them or we will all have to barricade ourselves in from fear of the unknown

This is likely to be the only poll ever to get 100% (unless somone starts playing silly sods just to prove me wrong)

psyberyeti
13-Jan-08, 23:43
If i put any more rocks on my wheelie bin it's going to end up a cairn!:lol:

Lavenderblue2
13-Jan-08, 23:52
Yes Tugmistress, I find these warnings very helpful.

Thank you LB :)

Tugmistress
13-Jan-08, 23:53
Now this really has to get price for most worthless poll:lol:

Of course your weather warnings are usefull

Please don't ever stop posting them or we will all have to barricade ourselves in from fear of the unknown

This is likely to be the only poll ever to get 100% (unless somone starts playing silly sods just to prove me wrong)

lol thanks changi, needed a smile tonight, you too psyberyeti , i can just imagine the wheelie bin covered like a cairn :)

mums angels
14-Jan-08, 00:04
don't know what id do without your warnigs tug :D

bye bye tiles again !!!!

Rheghead
14-Jan-08, 00:12

I actually want tuggs to stop her warnings. I don't need any more reminding how bad and miserable the Caithness weather can be.:lol::roll:

Foxy
14-Jan-08, 00:24
Being farmers both me and hubby think your warning are very handy as we know when to tie down the sheep feed rings instead of them going through the byre roof :eek: like they used to before we joined the org and discovered your forecasts.

mrs n
14-Jan-08, 08:56
i find the warnings useful too, i have a big greenhouse and need to see its all shut up properly if its going to be really windy, i am in Moray though so not sure they apply to us but i still take heed

NickInTheNorth
14-Jan-08, 09:49
overnight from tuesday lunch to about lunch time wednesday expect some strong winds swinging from NE to N direction gusting to about 70 or maybe 80mph again. worst time will be early hours wednesday morning to about 9am ish so watch out on the dark roads for escapee wheelie bins again.

and if you are looking for snow we may get a dusting overnight wednesday :confused it's hard to predict but it's been looking like for a couple of days now.

I'm thinking that Friday/Saturday is going to be far worse! Wind speeds of around 50 to 60, and gusts to nearly 100!!!

Still time for it to change between now and then, but watch out :eek:

Geo
14-Jan-08, 11:02
Keep up the good work Tugs!

badger
14-Jan-08, 11:36
Agree with changilass - how could we not find them useful !!! Wish I could tie my wheely down but I guess I'll be retrieving it from the ditch - again [disgust]

Tugmistress
14-Jan-08, 12:46
I'm thinking that Friday/Saturday is going to be far worse! Wind speeds of around 50 to 60, and gusts to nearly 100!!!

Still time for it to change between now and then, but watch out :eek:

Nick,
the models are only 90% reliable up to 3 days out, it is looking like they overcooked tomorrow night even as late as yesterday, probably gusting here to about 50 or 60 mph on the latest one, so it's not even valid to think about the weekend yet :) ... i have seen the system approaching and am watching it closely, it depends on the jets as to where it will track so i'll post my thoughts on the weekend on thursday when i have followed it for a few days.

xx_chickie
14-Jan-08, 12:47
Tugs, your predictions are always right! The BBC should watch their backs! Hehe.

NickInTheNorth
14-Jan-08, 12:48
Nick,
the models are only 90% reliable up to 3 days out, it is looking like they overcooked tomorrow night even as late as yesterday, probably gusting here to about 50 or 60 mph on the latest one, so it's not even valid to think about the weekend yet :) ... i have seen the system approaching and am watching it closely, it depends on the jets as to where it will track so i'll post my thoughts on the weekend on thursday when i have followed it for a few days.

I know that, it's why I mentioned there is plenty of time for change. :D

The likelihood however is quite high that we're in for a windy old weekend.

nanoo
14-Jan-08, 13:31
Thanks for the warning Tuggs, it's always much appreciated by me.;)

highlander
14-Jan-08, 13:35
Tuggs i think you do a great job, dont stop, as foxy said it helps us farmers to know how bad things are going to get. I find i am a addict to your web page for the weather reports, esp to find out the wind speeds.

Tugmistress
14-Jan-08, 13:44
hehe thanks highlander :)
the wind speeds would be more accurate From NNW through to NE)if i could get this flipping mast up ... anyone got two 12" x 12mm threaded bar with nuts to go either end? once i get that them i would think i can get the windy thing above the house again!

Liz
14-Jan-08, 14:02
Very much appreciate the warnings Tuggs!:lol:

Of couse please let us know when we are going to get lovely sunshine with blue skies as well!:confused

I appreciate your advice as well when my Freeview goes wonky and I need to know whether it is due to the weather.

Keep up the good work and hope you get your mast up.

dunderheed
14-Jan-08, 14:24
i always found your warnings useful tuggs when i was commuting up and down to shetland. i find them useful now that i'm comuting to invergordon(although i'm moving there very soon). they are helpful keep em coming.
btw you dont happen to have a forecast for lanzarote from thursdy onwards for a w3eek do you??:Razz

Tugmistress
14-Jan-08, 14:27
i always found your warnings useful tuggs when i was commuting up and down to shetland. i find them useful now that i'm comuting to invergordon(although i'm moving there very soon). they are helpful keep em coming.
btw you dont happen to have a forecast for lanzarote from thursdy onwards for a w3eek do you??:Razz

Probably a good deal warmer than here! :Razz

alanatkie
14-Jan-08, 14:36

Check here dunderheed. http://www.holiday-weather.com/lanzarote/seven-day-forecast.html

BRIE
14-Jan-08, 16:44
keep up the good work tugmistress! we all appreciate your forecasts & there very acurate.:D

Tugmistress
14-Jan-08, 18:27
ok you shouldn't need to tie the wheelie bins down, it's going to be just a good old fashioned strong caithness breeze :) the centre of the low is 'falling apart' and the wind speeds are dropping, you can sleep easy now :)

Andrew C
14-Jan-08, 18:29
Are you a trained meterologist tugs, or just amateur? Regardless, its good to have some local info because every other 'normal' source seems pretty vague when it comes to Wick.

Tugmistress
14-Jan-08, 18:34
Are you a trained meterologist tugs, or just amateur? Regardless, its good to have some local info because every other 'normal' source seems pretty vague when it comes to Wick.

self taught Andrew, got a home weather station to record data, compared what we got to what others were forecasting and what the charts said, figured out the variables over a period of time and lots of interest in the weather as i work outside :)

i do get it wrong occasionally like this low system that is degrading now :o

changilass
14-Jan-08, 18:37
Cheers for the update Tuggs.

mums angels
14-Jan-08, 20:33
Thats good news Tugs i won't go out and dismantal the clothes line now which is good as i only bothered to put it back up yesterday after last week :lol: but will keep the wheelie bins down the side for now

floyed
15-Jan-08, 10:34
I voted yes for the warnings, keep them up tuggs:D

stekar
15-Jan-08, 10:53
Keep the weather warnings coming, they are very useful!

Saveman
15-Jan-08, 11:34
Very, very useful.....for several reasons.

1. Very accurate
2. Very timely.
3. Very local.
4. Very educational!

Don't ever stop Tugmistress.

Lolabelle
15-Jan-08, 13:11
I find it useful to read the local weather info as I do with all the other local background information.

Ash
15-Jan-08, 15:26
its getting cold out there,and winds getting up

kas
15-Jan-08, 18:27
self taught Andrew, got a home weather station to record data, compared what we got to what others were forecasting and what the charts said, figured out the variables over a period of time and lots of interest in the weather as i work outside :)

i do get it wrong occasionally like this low system that is degrading now :o

I wouldnt say you got it wrong as you can only go on the models you are given.The weather systems seem to be all over the place and not very prdictable of late. I have noticed this last month to fortnight, that the weather is very changeable and all organisations are struggling to give any accurate forecast for anything past 48 hours, even then they are struggling. I wish I could get a grip on it myself but it all seems so complicated. Only thing I understand are the air pressure charts.

Mister Squiggle
15-Jan-08, 20:19
The results speak for themselves - 98% of us adore ya!. Quite frankly, yours is the forecast we stake our bets on here at Villa Squiggle and when you send out the warnings, we're out with the ropes and old bricks tying stuff down like mad. Always spot on and a lot more accurate and locally specific than any of the others - hail to thee, Tugs! ;)

Tugmistress
15-Jan-08, 20:34
I wouldnt say you got it wrong as you can only go on the models you are given.The weather systems seem to be all over the place and not very prdictable of late. I have noticed this last month to fortnight, that the weather is very changeable and all organisations are struggling to give any accurate forecast for anything past 48 hours, even then they are struggling. I wish I could get a grip on it myself but it all seems so complicated. Only thing I understand are the air pressure charts.

That's a hell of a good start kas, now just tie in the temps on the 850 charts with the 500 charts, and you are nearly there! that's the hardest part of learning it all :)

Tugmistress
15-Jan-08, 20:36
The results speak for themselves - 98% of us adore ya!. Quite frankly, yours is the forecast we stake our bets on here at Villa Squiggle and when you send out the warnings, we're out with the ropes and old bricks tying stuff down like mad. Always spot on and a lot more accurate and locally specific than any of the others - hail to thee, Tugs! ;)

hehe thanks mr squiggle! and thanks to everyone that said they don't want them to stop, i feel pleased that i am useful to the community in some small way :D at least i don't feel like a complete dipstick now!

JAWS
16-Jan-08, 03:24
Just keep it coming Tugs, we'd be lost without you!

Moira
16-Jan-08, 09:20
I voted "Yes" Tuggs. I do a fair bit of travelling around the County & beyond and have come to rely on your weather reports. They are consistently more accurate that any of the others. So....... thank you and keep up the good work. :)

canuck
16-Jan-08, 22:06
I used to love reading them when I was still living in Canada.

Then there is your poll in this thread. Rarely do polls get even 100 responses. I think the fact that about 140 people have voted so far is a good indicator of how important and respected tugs' forecasts are for the orgers of Caithness.

Tugmistress
17-Jan-08, 22:07
Well i said i would post my thoughts tonight for tomorrow, i reckon we will get gusts from the west of up to 70mph maybe, though probably only more like 60mph with the worst part of the winds being around the midnight period.
thanks to you all that voted that these warnings are useful :) i appreciate it.

unicorn
17-Jan-08, 22:10
can we please have a warm tropical front :lol: I am fed up of cold toes :eek: