PDA

View Full Version : hungover...

trix
13-Jan-08, 14:17
feelin bit ruff aday guys, too much jamesons last nite :roll:

wis thinkin o makin masel a fried eigg an bacon roll but no sure if it'l make me feel better or worse.

any suggestions, any hangover cures??

Fantoosh
13-Jan-08, 14:19
sleep, water and chips. ha ha

starry
13-Jan-08, 14:20
Don't be listening to folk who say a walk in fresh air, and plently water. Curl up on the couch with rubbish tv, drink diet coke and wait for tomorrow to come.

You have my full sympathy xxxxxxx

Alice in Blunderland
13-Jan-08, 14:25
Next time abstain....:lol:.;)

This time paracetamol fluids and bed.

karia
13-Jan-08, 14:25
Poor trix :(

San Pellegrino mineral water has just the right balance of salts and works a treat.

Fruit juice, sleep, food when you can face it... and fresh air!:D

Hope you feel better soon.

connieb19
13-Jan-08, 14:38
Try a couple of bottles of lager.

mums angels
13-Jan-08, 14:43
two paracetmol , water and a day in bed watching tat on the tele helps for me .

hubby likes a big fry up thou :confused

Mik.M.
13-Jan-08, 14:47
Try a banana 2 nurofen and water. Works for me .

bop
13-Jan-08, 14:49
as they say... what makes you bad makes you better!
anyone for a jamesons?? lol

trix
13-Jan-08, 14:52
cheers guys

iv taken paracetamol, got ma diet coke, made ma fried eigg piece an set e smoke alarms off in e process :mad:

ma heid is durlin now. gona lie back an watch friends, da even want ma eigg piece now...

who suggested drink a few bottles o lager??

ARE YE KIDDIN......!!! :eek:

ats what got me in iss miess in e first plice....

ciderally
13-Jan-08, 15:03
sleep will definatly work

karia
13-Jan-08, 15:15
If all else fails,,remember that this is a Sunday so a large whack of the population is suffering along with you!:lol:

bobsgirl
13-Jan-08, 16:02
Poor you Trix,

My uncle always told me that if you have a hangover then have a little drink of what you had the night before. I never did this until last time I had a hangover. I used to always sit and suffer, but low and behold it worked!!
Dont know how or why but I was fighting fit in no time!

Hope you dont suffer too long, hangovers are the worst!!

SNOWDOG
13-Jan-08, 16:21
Bacon, eggs and a tin of sweetheart stout, works every time!

trix
13-Jan-08, 16:37
thanks for e' advice bobsgirl but i just couldna...just e' thot o whisky is makin me feel yuk...!

im actually a bit o a pro when it comes til e' drinkin sessions an almost never get hungover, usually i hev a wild feed beforehand tho so am thinkin ats far i went wrong last nite :roll:

angela5
13-Jan-08, 16:39
Sleep it off.:D

DeHaviLand
13-Jan-08, 17:16
Got to be a fried brekkie, always worked for me in the past. Before I discovered abstention of course :)

lasher
13-Jan-08, 17:17
Hair of the dog works every time!! Trust me i'm an expert :lol:

Jeid
13-Jan-08, 17:37
More drink...

bluelady
13-Jan-08, 19:04
a fizzy drink, orange, (coke has caffeine and can make you dehydrated) fresh orange and lemonade best, packet or two of salted crisps and sleep. This replaces, fluid, salt and vitamins, all the things that are missing after a heavy drinking session and what gives you the hangover. Thats why a cooked breakfast is recommended, because it has lots of salt, but no good if you have an iffy tummy- crisps are lighter. If you have a headache still later, then take a paracetamol.

trix
13-Jan-08, 19:16
thanks bluelady ;)

lynne duncan
13-Jan-08, 21:01
sympathies with you trix, hangovers pre bairns didnae bother me now with no kind volunteers to keep the bairns overnight its easier not drinking, as trying to cope with a hangover and my 3 just disna work at all!

rockchick
13-Jan-08, 21:08
I don't usually get hangovers, but when I do, a big glass of Irn-Bru does the trick for me.

Tristan
13-Jan-08, 22:17
Yup, Iron Bru or a hair-of-the-dog,