PDA

View Full Version : If you achieve one thing next week what will it be?

cuddlepop
13-Jan-08, 13:18
To continue Karia's theme of achievement, next week I'm going to give blood when the mobile is over on Tuesday.:D

All too often I start the week with good intention's but never really achieve eneogh to make me feel good.With this in mind I've decided to make one big promise to myself a week.

What do you hope to achieve next week?

lady penelope
13-Jan-08, 13:35
I cannot give blood, unfortunately, so I'm not so heroic.
I'm training to be a first aider at my work next week. :)

Torvaig
13-Jan-08, 13:37
Good idea CP; a resolution for every week and it gives you a sense of achievement. Enjoy your cup of tea and biscuits at the donor session; and the wee lie down of course!

Last week I sorted out my tax papers and submitted them; now for this week - I don't "do" Christmas but I do like to ring round or write to people who very kindly still send me cards; just the ones I do not see very often. I think I will phone them as if I start to write it usually ends up a saga of several pages, poor things!:lol:

Angela
13-Jan-08, 13:39
Too often -almost always -I start the week with the To Do list! I find it really hard to know what to start with - quite often I never get going and I achieve nothing at all. :(

Thanks for the idea, cuddlepop -this week I WILL try to focus on one thing. Oddly enough, I have been thinking about giving blood, especially as I see my group is in short supply here just now, but I don't think I'm allowed to, for medical reasons. What I WILL do is phone up to find out if that's still the case.

Otherwise, my one thing this coming week will be to make an appointment for hypnotherapy to sort out a couple of things I'd like to deal with....been meaning to do this for ages and the recent thread here has encouraged me. :)

mums angels
13-Jan-08, 13:44
well can't give blood this time round again , always something stopping me the last couple of years :(

the only thing i plan to get done next week is to paint our bedroom, something that i have planned doing since we moved in so nothing too exciting .

kriklah
13-Jan-08, 13:44
im probably setting my goal to high here but.......

If I can get every room in the house tidy at once - that will be a major acheivement!!! :lol: Sofar I can get most rooms done, but there is always at least one room (usually one of the kids rooms:roll:) that look like a bomb site, and by the time that room is done, another has gone to pot!!!! Im getting there slowly, currently doing an early spring clean, and can fill 3 wheelie bins each week with rubbish and junk that has acumulated, and have 8 binbags and 3 boxes of stuff to go to the charity shops. Being 7 months pregnant means there are some things i cant do (like moving furniture...not that its stopped me yet!!) but with a 17 yr old stepdaughter just moved in, and my own 4 kids ranging from 11 yrs down to 3, ive got plenty of help! so at the moment it looks like i might just make it happen this week.

newpark
13-Jan-08, 13:47
All I want to achieve this week is being able to stick to my diet for the whole week. This week I made it to Thursday and then gave up. Could kick myself now.

cuddlepop
13-Jan-08, 14:09
All I want to achieve this week is being able to stick to my diet for the whole week. This week I made it to Thursday and then gave up. Could kick myself now.

How about you just tell yourself "today I will achieve" its amazing how good you feel if even one small pound is lost.

We're all far to hard on ourselfs lets be good to "I " and you'll be amazed at the results.

Good luck girls for your goals for the week ahead.

What's wrong with the men, no one's posted;
they only do footie goals.?:lol:

Metalattakk
13-Jan-08, 14:23

Men usually find these types of threads interminably dull. We don't care what each other has planned for the week, we're not interested in how each other's diets are going or what kind of hairstyle each of us have, much less want to discuss it here.

Ash
13-Jan-08, 14:28

starting today, been munching on raw carrots, instead of crisps or sweets and taking those activia yoghurts, there lovely

starry
13-Jan-08, 14:30
I will laugh more.

trix
13-Jan-08, 14:45
What do you hope to achieve next week?

next week??

if i can just get thro e' day it'l be a bonus :roll:

as for gien blood, i doubt very much they would take mine :eek:

karia
13-Jan-08, 14:57
[quote=trix;322866 as for gien blood, i doubt very much they would take mine :eek:[/quote]

You are failing to see the potential here trix...your blood comes complete with its own anaesthetic!;)

ciderally
13-Jan-08, 15:07
I will laugh more.

i like this ...i will do this..

Alice in Blunderland
13-Jan-08, 15:09
For next week I would like to win the lottery...........so my first achievement will be to buy a ticket :lol: ;)

orkneylass
13-Jan-08, 15:27
Men usually find these types of threads interminably dull. We don't care what each other has planned for the week, we're not interested in how each other's diets are going or what kind of hairstyle each of us have, much less want to discuss it here.

So why spend the time reading the tread let alone commenting on it? I think you just contradicted yourself.

paris
13-Jan-08, 15:44
Gosh ! i have so many things i would like to achieve next week but I'm just gonna pick one.
Give my truck a good hoovering as it hasn't been done all winter. jan x

Dadie
13-Jan-08, 16:12
Im getting the spare room ready to be decorated into a nursery ... nasty red and orange wallpaper now gone now getting the walls ready to be painted...paint bought today, border ordered so hopefully the junk that accumulated in there sorted out by the bin day would be a massive achievement this week!

Metalattakk
13-Jan-08, 16:22
So why spend the time reading the tread let alone commenting on it? I think you just contradicted yourself.

Ever read a newspaper and find yourself reading an article which doesn't interest you?

As for commenting, I simply answered the question posed.

orkneylass
13-Jan-08, 16:48
Ever read a newspaper and find yourself reading an article which doesn't interest you?

As for commenting, I simply answered the question posed.

Er...no...life's too short

trix
13-Jan-08, 16:54

na, i only ever read e daily star an its full o really interesting articles :lol:

Julia
13-Jan-08, 18:04
I'm with Kriklah on this one, I'd like every room in my house tidy this week :eek:

The other thing I want to do is take my wee baby boy to mother and toddler for the first time.

orkneylass
13-Jan-08, 18:15
I have recently taken on a team lead role with inherited problems around staff relationships - so my big achievement this week would be to get 2 hurt and angry ladies to understand one another's viewpoints a little better. Any good wishes or good karma you can send my way would be much appreciated!

cuddlepop
13-Jan-08, 18:33
I have recently taken on a team lead role with inherited problems around staff relationships - so my big achievement this week would be to get 2 hurt and angry ladies to understand one another's viewpoints a little better. Any good wishes or good karma you can send my way would be much appreciated!
So your going to be the ref this week.;)

Unfortunatly these programs are great on paper but sometimes two people are so far apart they will never see the other's point of view and one of them tends to leave.

If they are of equal status in the employment field fine but if their not then Orkneylass treat them as if they are and you'll get on fine.

htwood
13-Jan-08, 18:44
One thing a week sounds good, something to focus on. It's hard enough just trying to keep the daily grind going. I'm going to scrub out two plastic bins that have been sitting in the garden all winter, and use them for indoor storage, getting rid of two large cardboard boxes that are falling apart.

helenwyler
13-Jan-08, 18:49
Any good wishes or good karma you can send my way would be much appreciated!

Best of luck Orkneylass:)! A mixture of skill and instinct will help you through.

As some of you know, I teach dyslexic and dyspraxic people. Next week I've got a child with Asperger's syndrome starting, and though I'm qualified to teach children with Asperger's, he will be my first one.

My achievement this week will be to make this child feel comfortable with me, and establish if his difficulties are such that I can help or not.:eek:

98elite
13-Jan-08, 18:51
Next week I'm planning to stick with my Atkins diet, started last Wednesday and have lost 11 pounds already (flipping magic I know) need to stay with it as I have another 20 pounds to loose, so far so good.

cuddlepop
13-Jan-08, 19:13
My achievement this week will be to make this child feel comfortable with me, and establish if his difficulties are such that I can help or not.[/quote]

You have the correct attitude to begin with Helen so I'm sure you'll gain his trust.

My own daughter has Asperger's and fortunatly our experience with primary school teachers was excellent,it just free falls in Secondary.:~(

twiglet
13-Jan-08, 19:25
Can't give blood as have rubbish veins, wish I could. This week I will be mostly looking for a job (still!), knitting a scarf, attempting to finish a patchwork quilt I started 12 years ago(put off long enough). Also going to the gym - I will get fit, it'll kill me but I will get fit!

Thumper
13-Jan-08, 19:29
Mine is going to be to smile before I talk and to compliment whenever I can...did it last year and it made everybody smile and also be friendlier,should have kept it up all year! ;) x

cuddlepop
13-Jan-08, 19:30
Can't give blood as have rubbish veins, wish I could. This week I will be mostly looking for a job (still!), knitting a scarf, attempting to finish a patchwork quilt I started 12 years ago(put off long enough). Also going to the gym - I will get fit, it'll kill me but I will get fit!

Pick one Twiglet its easier.

Job hunting is on going so doesn't count.Patchwork quilt is "the long haul" progect. so you can either go to the gym as your goal for next week or knit your scarf as you work out.:lol:

What ever you choose good luck.

karia
13-Jan-08, 20:04
I need to get out there and walk!

It has been cold and icy and busy so the car has been (too) much used of late.

cuddlepop
13-Jan-08, 20:35
I need to get out there and walk!

It has been cold and icy and busy so the car has been (too) much used of late.
Walking makes me feel better and being in Skye there's lots of lovely walks.
Think the forecast is for it not to be so cold next week.:D

karia
13-Jan-08, 20:42
Walking makes me feel better and being in Skye there's lots of lovely walks.
Think the forecast is for it not to be so cold next week.:D

Totally agree cuddlepop!

I reckon that between them brisk walks and warm baths have saved my a fortune in psychoanalysis!:D

Not that the walks round here are anything like as lovely as on Skye..lucky thing!

bobandag16
13-Jan-08, 23:06
How about you just tell yourself "today I will achieve" its amazing how good you feel if even one small pound is lost.

We're all far to hard on ourselfs lets be good to "I " and you'll be amazed at the results.

Good luck girls for your goals for the week ahead.

i will try to be nice to women. but it is a hard fight they always win.

karia
13-Jan-08, 23:09
i will try to be nice to women. but it is a hard fight they always win.

In what way is it a hard fight to be nice?:confused

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-Jan-08, 23:09
My completion this week will finally to get rid of the chicken curry I had mid week.That bloated feeling is blooming and an explosion is on the horizon.I'm only warning ye all,so when ye hear a bang,its no Dounreay going up its just ma bum.:lol:

Ash
13-Jan-08, 23:13
My completion this week will finally to get rid of the chicken curry I had mid week.That bloated feeling is blooming and an explosion is on the horizon.I'm only warning ye all,so when ye hear a bang,its no Dounreay going up its just ma bum.:lol:

crying im laughing sooo much!!!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

mccaugm
13-Jan-08, 23:17
Mine is going to be to smile before I talk and to compliment whenever I can...did it last year and it made everybody smile and also be friendlier,should have kept it up all year! ;) x

I think I will save that one till next week...this week I plan to pass my stats exam....which I should be studying for right now rather than writing about it.

karia
13-Jan-08, 23:20
I think I will save that one till next week...this week I plan to pass my stats exam....which I should be studying for right now rather than writing about it.

Be gone Mccaugm..and study!;)

you can make us all proud next week!

trix
13-Jan-08, 23:27
ken how ye feel mccaugm, iv alot o studyin til do next week too, kinda relaxed a bit over e' christmas period, time til get ma finger oot :roll:

if i spent as much time doin ma studies as i do on e org i wid be weel cliver :eek:

Dadie
15-Jan-08, 17:01
I have revised my list .. now I plan to chill more this week and the decorating can wait or hubby can do it!

karia
15-Jan-08, 23:00
I have revised my list .. now I plan to chill more this week and the decorating can wait or hubby can do it!

Go Dadie!;);)

lady penelope
15-Jan-08, 23:14
How were the vampires Cuddlepop?

Did they take your blood and make you feel like a pin cushion, or did you act all brave :cool:;)

cuddlepop
16-Jan-08, 10:44
How were the vampires Cuddlepop?

Did they take your blood and make you feel like a pin cushion, or did you act all brave :cool:;)

Went down last night just after six and I thought it was still busy.Staff had said at 2 30 when they opened there were four rows of people waithing to donate.Advertising campaine must have worked.lol

As I hadn't been for more than two years I had to go through the whole process,which from start to finish was one and a half hours.I've got the time but I would imagine that would put some people off.

Either the staff have got better over the years or I,ve just got immune to the whole system,felt next to nothing.

Rules about giving are different to what they were say twenty years ago because now other half can donate.His mother had TB and that ment a no no in the past.

Guess whose coming down next time with me.lol

Dadie
16-Jan-08, 11:09
Used to give blood when i could 1/2 the time i went i was anemic and they wouldnt take it sometimes i felt fine other times i would faint but i always went back. The only time i managed to give blood after having Lauren was so bad I got made to lie on the bed for ages then i sat up and was made to lie down again then i passed out on my way down to get a cuppa now i cant give for ages again as i am pregnant but i will look into giving platelets instead as it is easier on you but takes longer and has to be done in inverness

newpark
21-Jan-08, 14:58
Well, who achieved their goal this week. I am delighted to say I managed to stick to my diet all week and have plucked up the courage to start Scottish Slimmers again lol.

cuddlepop
21-Jan-08, 15:00
Well, who achieved their goal this week. I am delighted to say I managed to stick to my diet all week and have plucked up the courage to start Scottish Slimmers again lol.
Well done that girl.
Little steps will shift pounds,if you know what I mean.:lol:

kriklah
21-Jan-08, 15:47
quote "If I can get every room in the house tidy at once - that will be a major acheivement!!! " unquote

well i did it!!! i got every room in the house tidy:eek:, and sofar they are even staying that way, ive kept at the kids to put stuff away, and its a pleasure to come down in the mornings to a tidy living room and spottless kitchen!! i put 4 boxes and 10 bags of brickabrak to home aid, and have filled all 3 wheelie bins again.

however i did get told off by my midwife to doing to much:roll: but i suppose all im doing is nesting. lol

percy toboggan
21-Jan-08, 18:33
I might achieve what I've achieved for the last five years - putting in a full weeks work wi' bad hips and a bad back. A bit mardlin' when half a million under thirty fives are on incapacity benefit. On a less mundane level I'm gerrin' the cat vaccinated agin' feline ailments and dolloped up with anti-flea stuff, because one day soon we will have to let him out - before he wrecks the hoose. Almost carted him back to the animal shelter last sunday - he's
in the last chance saloon.

orkneylass
21-Jan-08, 18:52

Well, my staff are still speaking to me anf have not killed one another....yet

mums angels
22-Jan-08, 00:23
Well thanks to this thread i finally stuck to the plan and painted the bedroom , took 3 nights to do as didn't want to overdo it .

will be a nice surprise for hubby when he gets home :D however now i think the room needs new blinds to go with the new paint work ...LOL

htwood
22-Jan-08, 05:15
Ermm, have not collected those bins from the garden yet, quite a rainy week and snow coming tonight. (excuses excuses) But honest, its on my list, which is half the battle. I'll post here when done. And congrats to all those who had successes!

helenwyler
22-Jan-08, 09:00
Well, who achieved their goal this week.

My Asperger's boy couldn't come because of a tummy bug....so my acheivement (or not) is deferred till tomorrow.

Angela
22-Jan-08, 11:14
I couldn't achieve my first choice -they still don't want my blood, or rather -they want me to keep it all! ;)

Option 2 - I did make enquiries about hypnotherapy on Saturday so that just squeaks into last week, although I couldn't do anything more about it until yesterday. Still not sure when my appointment will be....so this one thing is already spreading over a few weeks.....but at least I've got the ball rolling! :)

mccaugm
22-Jan-08, 12:10
I planned to pass my stats exam and did just that. I also planned to study for another exam that takes place on Thursday but found myself strangely drawn to the Org...woops!

cuddlepop
22-Jan-08, 18:28
I couldn't achieve my first choice -they still don't want my blood, or rather -they want me to keep it all! ;)

Option 2 - I did make enquiries about hypnotherapy on Saturday so that just squeaks into last week, although I couldn't do anything more about it until yesterday. Still not sure when my appointment will be....so this one thing is already spreading over a few weeks.....but at least I've got the ball rolling!
You'll crack it this week I know you will.:D

lady penelope
22-Jan-08, 19:04
Well,I did it and i am now a first aider.Watch out work! I'll have my cape and pants on outside my trousers ;):lol:

karia
22-Jan-08, 19:06
Well,I did it and i am now a first aider.Watch out work! I'll have my cape and pants on outside my trousers

Then be sure you know how to treat hysteria!:D

Lolabelle
22-Jan-08, 19:07
Well,I did it and i am now a first aider.Watch out work! I'll have my cape and pants on outside my trousers ;):lol:

Was that a First Aider, or a Caped Crusader??????????

lady penelope
22-Jan-08, 19:11
Maybe a bit of both!:roll:

It's standard issue where I work. You have to wait with your injuries till our capes are on!:lol: