PDA

View Full Version : The Portrait

Stavro
12-Jan-08, 20:04
A late happy new year to you all, sincerely wishing you all the best for the year ahead.

I was having some fun recording a few classical guitar pieces over the holidays which I've uploaded onto YouTube. Here is a transcription of mine of "The Portrait" theme from the movie "Titanic" which I hope you will enjoy.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CLtg9f1D5Nc

The whole thing was filmed with a £4 Tesco Value webcam and a £16 Tesco mp3 player along with the bundled webcam software. Not bad for value! :-)

Bobinovich
12-Jan-08, 20:10
That's a nice rendition Stavro - won't actually make me want to watch the film again (hell hath not yet frozen over) but a lot nicer than listening to Celine twittering on!

Phoenix200416
12-Jan-08, 20:15
That was lovely. I really enjoyed listening to it. As you said not bad for value! I didn't know you could buy a webcam for £4. If I had I would have saved myself a few bob ^.^

Thanks for sharing!

Stavro
12-Jan-08, 20:35
Thanks for the compliments, glad you enjoyed it. I laughed Phoenix when you said you could have saved a few bob, mind you, your webcam is probably better in low light... this one needs a lot for best quality.

Phoenix200416
12-Jan-08, 20:37
Thanks for the compliments, glad you enjoyed it. I laughed Phoenix when you said you could have saved a few bob, mind you, your webcam is probably better in low light... this one needs a lot for best quality.

Sorry thats the common part coming out. :lol: The webcam I have has led lights on it for low light. Gosh they are bright though!

ciderally
12-Jan-08, 21:46
yea enjoyed that thank you..and happy new year

webmannie
12-Jan-08, 23:25
I enjoyed it also, noticed you are uploading lots more to youtube, keep it up lad

nanoo
13-Jan-08, 14:19
I really enjoyed that Stavro, nice easy listening it was as well, could take more of that anytime you want te he. Seriously though, i loved it.:roll:

sammysalim
15-Jan-08, 14:21
That was fantastic Stavro i really enjoyed listening to it. Hope to hear more from you in the future.:)

dirdyweeker
15-Jan-08, 14:29
Lovely sound produced. Good choice of music. It is nice to have 'music only' playing in the background on many different occasions. Hope you continue to send in your music to youtube for others to enjoy

bluelady
15-Jan-08, 14:46
very nice, enjoyed that. :)

Stavro
15-Jan-08, 22:02
Thanks a lot everyone, I'll record some more when I have some free time.