PDA

View Full Version : Things Children Say

Billy Boy
11-Jan-08, 18:42
My little one has just been telling me the nursery rhyme humpty dumpty, she then proceded to tell me in all innocence that he is so called because he humps and he dumps :eek:

just wondered if anyone else has any funny things that their kids have said :lol:

Ash
11-Jan-08, 18:48
my wee one cant pronounce her w's so when she was a witch one year people where asking her what she was her reply "im a little bitch" lol:lol:

sweetpea
11-Jan-08, 19:55
My neice was telling me about her teacher and I asked how old she thought she was. She said 'I don't know but if I could see her knickers I could tell you'! heehee

paris
11-Jan-08, 20:25
My grandson who`s 7 is always asking me what I did in the war......GULP......:eek: I'm 47

Another time i was in the Q to go into playschool when my girls were little. Everything was dead silent and there stood with his sweet little daughter was the only daddy. Without warning she had great delight in saying " my daddy's willy is this big " and doing the actions a fisherman would when lying about the size he had caught. Well this poor guy went a terrible shade of pink then bright red........no one said a word but i laugh every time i think of it. jan x
Kid`s who`d have em !

Thumper
11-Jan-08, 20:35
My son asked me if he could have a motorbike, I was not in the greatest of moods at the time and my ex had a bike, so i said " motorbikes are for idiots"....my son said "well when I am an idiot can I have one?" [lol] :eek: x

Billy Boy
11-Jan-08, 21:11
My grandson who`s 7 is always asking me what I did in the war......GULP......:eek: I'm 47

Another time i was in the Q to go into playschool when my girls were little. Everything was dead silent and there stood with his sweet little daughter was the only daddy. Without warning she had great delight in saying " my daddy's willy is this big " and doing the actions a fisherman would when lying about the size he had caught. Well this poor guy went a terrible shade of pink then bright red........no one said a word but i laugh every time i think of it. jan x
Kid`s who`d have em !

Is that the first or second world war lol :lol:

TBH
11-Jan-08, 21:30
Is that the first or second world war lol :lol:What, The willy?[lol]

kriklah
11-Jan-08, 22:23
When my youngest aged 3 was babbling on about something, me not really paying the proper attention just aggreed with her with "Aye". She then proceeded to chastise my language use, "you dont say aye mum, you should say Yes!"

My eldest at age 8 (now 11 and still asking questions) had the habit of asking odd questions - "why do we have skin?" and "when did the universe start?" or the best and most unanwserable question yet "What do women carry in their handbags?!!!!!" Even i couldnt explain that one properly!!:lol:

*Martin*
11-Jan-08, 22:38
I was actually going to start a thread like this earlier but got distracted on a side mission!

Unfortunately yesterday I went out to feed my daughters rabbit and it had died. I spent the next few hours panicking about what to tell her when she got home from school. I was even contemplating telling her I had forgot to shut the cage and it had ran away (but then I thought she would spend the rest of the year walking round the block jumping in peoples gardens trying to find it)

Eventually I decided the truth was the best option! So when she came home we sat on the couch and I told her the bad news.
She looked at me with a bit of sadness in her face
I asked her if she was ok?
She replied "Pets don't last forever you know!"
I nearly burst out laughing! I was prepared for floods of tears and heart ache! I honestly think I was more upset than her. I was even tempted to punch her in the arm to make her cry :D

TBH
11-Jan-08, 22:53
or the best and most unanwserable question yet "What do women carry in their handbags?!!!!!" Even i couldnt explain that one properly!!:lol:The kitchen sink is a good answer.[lol]

Phoenix200416
12-Jan-08, 00:42
I was staying at my sister's house and helping her decorate her house. My sister asked me to go and get some paint, told me the colour and everything. My newphew(aged about 8 at the time) wanted to come with me. We went into the shop and I couldn't find the paint anywhere. My nephew dragged me upto a member of staff and in a loud voice declared to the whole store "My auntie is looking some Durex!" I have never been so embarassed! I was about 15 at the time!

Another incident comes to mind when my sister's boyfriend was rolling some cigarettes. My nephew picked up a filter tip and brought it to me to explain in a very proud voice "I know what this is, it's Barbie's tampax".

My nephew said many funny things when he was little. Another embarassing one was when myself, my sister and my nephew were in a queue at a supermarket and he asked my sister (in a loud voice as always!) whether the lady in front was pregnant or just very fat *cringe*

brandy
12-Jan-08, 08:12
just a few things my 4 year old has said ver the past few days..
during bedtime prayers.. sam is there anyone else you would like to bless?
Yes! God bless God!

on the way back from play-group dropping ben off...
mummy the birds are happy now because they arnt hungry!
thought it was just a random remark.. but found out later that they had a new bird feeder at nursery! (obviously i should have know! silly mommy!)
and ohhhh my fav!
mummy theres the clock.. but he drops the L in clock....
and he is really interested in clocks and everytime he sees one he shouts really loudly LOOK MUMMY A CLOCK!!! (remember without the L)