PDA

View Full Version : Tata Nano

j4bberw0ck
11-Jan-08, 14:00
No, it won't play mp3s.

Have no environmentalists here any views on this remarkable piece of engineering?
(http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=QM2GGAG2SYRX3QFIQMFSFFOAVCBQ 0IV0?xml=/news/2008/01/10/wtata110.xml)

MadPict
11-Jan-08, 14:57
Just what they need - more pollution.......

badger
11-Jan-08, 16:11
It's so easy for us isn't it with our 2 and 3 car families to hold up our hands in horror at the idea of millions of poor Indians driving cars but they have as much right as we do, probably more, and it certainly sounds safer than having families riding around on motorbikes. Apparently it's very economical so why not?

I think it looks great and I want one :D .

What we should do is reintroduce rickshaws in towns - in fact I'm sure they have in London. Eco-friendly, keeps the "drivers" (I think we used to call them coolies but am sure that's not right) fit, quiet, no fumes.

wifie
11-Jan-08, 16:18
Is it still a rickshaw if pulled by a bicycle? They have those in Edinburgh in the summer and they look fun. Looks like students running them. Not been tempted to try one yet though. Peedie car looks nice too and if it is economical well......

scorrie
11-Jan-08, 19:44
It's so easy for us isn't it with our 2 and 3 car families to hold up our hands in horror at the idea of millions of poor Indians driving cars

Very true. I can just imagine those who would argue that cars are only right for rich, white, responsible people. 4X4s for the school run, bull bars fitted for entering Sainsburys car park and off-roaders that never see a flake of mud in a life time.

northener
11-Jan-08, 21:18
What we should do is reintroduce rickshaws in towns - in fact I'm sure they have in London. Eco-friendly, keeps the "drivers" (I think we used to call them coolies but am sure that's not right) fit, quiet, no fumes.

Have a look at the drivers stuck behind them, they're all fuming:D