PDA

View Full Version : NHS 24

champagnebaby
06-Oct-05, 23:29
What does everyone make of the NHS 24 system? I know there was thread on here (http://www.caithness.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7056&highlight=nhs) before and no was was particulary impressed.

After seeing this mans case on the news and reading it here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4316108.stm) i think the system is a complete and utter shambles, the man crawling on the floor in pain and his girlfriend had phoned them 3 times, he'd been ill for over a week!! That is crazy and definately not right! [disgust] Thankgod a doctor lives near me so i could knock in her door in an emergency!

Fran
07-Oct-05, 02:14
I had to use NHs24 in january., i phoned for advice and they were very helpful, and without asking they sent me a doctor, but warned he was a distance away and would be about an hour.as it was nighttime i said this would be ok. the doctor arrived and treated me and phoned an ambulance which arrived quickly.
If you feel your need is urgent you can phone an ambulance without phoning nhs.

linzy222
08-Oct-05, 09:45
I heard on the news the other day a girl died coz of them with meningitus, but they told her she had the flu or something!!

I have phoned them once or twice as my daughter has chronic asthma, the only thing i don't like about it is, why does it take so long for the doctor to phone u back??

And when they do phone u back they just tell u to go to hospital, so why couldn't the person on the phone just tell u that as u have wasted half an hour or longer just to be told to go to the hospital, and by that time things could be worse

EDDIE
08-Oct-05, 10:02
There could be a number of reason why the take so long to phone back.I bet it would be shocking if you knew how much people phone up nhs for stupid things.But the main reason would probably be shortage of doctors and nurses because not enough people are getting trained up.For me i blame a lot of it on the government they should be paying people to train up as doctors So whether you come from a wealthy family or poor family it doesnt matter every one gets a opportunity to be a doctor instead of you have to go through university taking out loans to pay for ure time at university and having debts for years until u pay it off.Its crazy the government and quite happy to waste millions going to war or or build domes or parliaments at silly prices when they should be sorting out the nhs properly

katarina
08-Oct-05, 10:14
it's absolute rubbish and should be done away with.

Karen M26a
10-Oct-05, 14:30
I Disagree. NHS24 were good when we called them back in January (the doctors surgery was closed).

All the staff were professional, friendly, and gave good practical advice. As a new mum this gave me must needed reassurance.

Donnie
10-Oct-05, 14:32
I think it's good but as with everything it needs improvement. I'm sure for every horror story the tabloids jump on there are 1000 success stories.