PDA

View Full Version : Why you chose your org name

paris
09-Jan-08, 20:12
I know a while back this question was asked before but as there are so many newbie`s now i thought i would ask again.
Why have you chosen the name you use on the org ??
Im named after my daughters poodle........GREAT , named after a dog, no coments thank-you . jan x

canuck
09-Jan-08, 20:17
canuck = Canadian. It seemed like a reasonable name for a Canadian working in Caithness. Still applies now that I live in Edinburgh.

PS - Today I found an ice scraper for the car!

Camel Spider
09-Jan-08, 20:17
I got bitten by one .. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nFm_Pv6LevQ .. its still got a bit of my leg.

If you dont like Spiders dont get tempted and have a look .. ;)

Riffman
09-Jan-08, 20:23
Riffman because I used to play the guitar...

paris
09-Jan-08, 20:26
I got bitten by one .. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nFm_Pv6LevQ (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nFm_Pv6LevQ) .. its still got a bit of my leg.

If you dont like Spiders dont get tempted and have a look .. ;)
OMG where were you when you got bitten and do you have to get hospital treatment ? jan x

rfr10
09-Jan-08, 20:52
First initial of my first name + first initial of my last name + last initial of my last name + a random number! :D

nannydip
09-Jan-08, 21:02
My grandchildren call me nannydip and it's become my family nickname.

justine
09-Jan-08, 21:04
my father christened me this and it as good as any....:eek:

rockchick
09-Jan-08, 21:06
female geologist = rockchick

Plus I like rock music...double whammy!

router
09-Jan-08, 21:07
My router packed in and i joined the org to find some help.Easy to remember that way......

Camel Spider
09-Jan-08, 21:40
OMG where were you when you got bitten and do you have to get hospital treatment ? jan x

Kuwait in 98 .. They are not really Spiders, more like a Spider - Scorpion hybrid. I just had the wound cleaned and a shot to fight any infection. Not a big deal really.

Thumper
09-Jan-08, 21:44
Mine was a "petname" a boyfriend gave me....kept the name but got rid of the boyfriend ;) x

twiglet
09-Jan-08, 21:50
Was on the org using a joint name with OH but now on in my own right so had to choose a name. Was called Twig at school and my favourite savoury snack are twiglets. It seemed the obvious choice.

changilass
09-Jan-08, 21:56
I was born in Changi Hospital in Singapore and I'm a lass, easy to remember

grandma
09-Jan-08, 21:57
My name is connected with Little Red Riding Hood (watch out wolves - this grandma fights back) and I've recently become a granny for the first time.

miranda
09-Jan-08, 21:58
an elderly gent i looked after never remembered my own name and called me miranda coleagues found it amusing and has stuck ever since:eek:

karia
09-Jan-08, 22:19
an elderly gent i looked after never remembered my own name and called me miranda coleagues found it amusing and has stuck ever since

Hi miranda,

I knew an auld idiot who called me 'Charmaine':roll:

That's why I'm not called that

Only one orger knows the story of 'Karia'...and she values her life!;)

miranda
09-Jan-08, 22:21
mmmmm.....lol... will have to blackmail trix at work tomorrow karia hehe ill delegate all eh crap tasks to her lol

golach
09-Jan-08, 22:24
Easy to remember Changi.....................hard to forget :Razz

changilass
09-Jan-08, 22:30
lol Golach - but very true

Camel Spider
09-Jan-08, 22:43
Karia should fess up .. Im curious now .. :roll:

wifie
09-Jan-08, 23:33
Not a big deal Camel Spider? Bloomin' BEEG spider though - eugh!

lady penelope
09-Jan-08, 23:37
I like pink and I have Jeff Tracey locked in my bedroom closet;)

Penelope Pitstop would have been my first choice, but it was already taken. I used to be called that at my old work :roll: HeYeLp!

ciderally
09-Jan-08, 23:55
like cider

WeeBurd
10-Jan-08, 00:00
Because I am just that - a wee burd :D.

karia
10-Jan-08, 00:03
Karia should fess up .. Im curious now ..

It's a long story..with many twists an turns..

HW is the only one who knows.....she of this org!

She won't tell...I have her toenails!:lol::lol:

trix
10-Jan-08, 00:06
cause im full o them :lol:

Coach
10-Jan-08, 00:12
Coach because I am a lawn bowls "coach".

Andy

thebigman
10-Jan-08, 00:19
If you'd seen me you would know :-)

George Brims
10-Jan-08, 00:46
my father christened me this and it as good as any....:eek:
Ditto. I am of course working on the assumption no-one will connect a face to the name and confront me when I visit Caithness.

karia
10-Jan-08, 00:49
Ditto. I am of course working on the assumption no-one will connect a face to the name and confront me when I visit Caithness.

I caught you mr film reviewer;)

Kxx

teddybear1873
10-Jan-08, 01:03
Glasgow Rangers fans are called teddybears. 1872 the year they were founded, but i damn put in 1873 by mistake when i joined lol, oh well.

Fran
10-Jan-08, 03:12
Couldnt think of a name for myself, still trying to think of a new name. any suggestions?!

Metalattakk
10-Jan-08, 04:32
Oh Fran, where to start! [lol]

As for my user name? I didn't choose it. Vim Fuego might have done, though... ;)

JAWS
10-Jan-08, 04:33
Mine, as some may well believe, has nothing to do with my sometimes rather "sharp" comments or prickly nature and the Avatar was one I just couldn't resist once I came across it.

JAWS is simply for no other reason than that I'm "Just Another White Settler" I came, I saw, I stayed and would now never want to live anywhere else so, for better or worse, Caithness is stuck with me.

sassylass
10-Jan-08, 04:38
Couldnt think of a name for myself, still trying to think of a new name. any suggestions?!

Narf?
Farn?
Ranf?

sweetpea
10-Jan-08, 08:44
Mine was a "petname" a boyfriend gave me....kept the name but got rid of the boyfriend ;) x

Me too. ;)

Julia
10-Jan-08, 17:20

If you want to choose a new name it means losing all your posts and starting again from scratch, I know this as I asked a few years ago.

I got bitten by one .. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nFm_Pv6LevQ (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nFm_Pv6LevQ) .. its still got a bit of my leg.

If you dont like Spiders dont get tempted and have a look ..

I'm surprised it never ran off with your whole leg! That thing is huge, and I have made a mental note never to visit any country that they are home to. :eek:

honey
10-Jan-08, 17:32
Im a rangers supporter and got very used to being called "The Hun" especially when i still lived in Thurso.. "honey" sounded a bit sweeter though

Camel Spider
10-Jan-08, 17:50
It's a long story..with many twists an turns..

HW is the only one who knows.....she of this org!

She won't tell...I have her toenails!:lol::lol:

I put your username into a search engine and unless your a property developer in Mumbai I will have to keep guessing.

Sandra_B
10-Jan-08, 17:55
It's my name.

the second coming
10-Jan-08, 18:02
'the second coming' is an album from a band I like, the stone roses. My wife started using my original name after I stopped coming on the org for a sabbatical so I took this one when I came back, as it fitted and 'the stone roses' was already taken by a sinister person I am related too.

badger
10-Jan-08, 18:48
Used to live in Badgers Holt so - I must be a badger :D . Who else would live there?

ABeautifulLie
10-Jan-08, 21:14
I got my name from one of my favourite bands albums

Shalom
10-Jan-08, 21:20
Shalom means "Peace" and I'm peaceful most of the time......not always so I need a reminder of what I should be! :lol:

Fran: Why change your name? It's a really nice name!

Yoda the flump
10-Jan-08, 23:25
Amusement.

anneoctober
11-Jan-08, 03:26
It's my name and was born in .....October !!:lol:
We miss you, Johno.....:~(

Sporran
11-Jan-08, 03:43
I chose Sporran because I'm a Scot and wanted a name that's associated with Scotland. However, I did pick it on the spor spur of the moment, and think a more feminine name would have suited me better.

young_fishin_neep
11-Jan-08, 09:44
well im young, i used to do alot of fishing (not so much now) and im admitidly a bit of a neep so it all kinda fitted, :)

kaz xxxx

guitarzan
11-Jan-08, 10:55
because i play guitar and i swing through the jungle in a loin cloth?!

bedu
11-Jan-08, 21:06

I went to Changi Grammar school - small world isn't it!:D

Lolabelle
11-Jan-08, 21:19
because i play guitar and i swing through the jungle in a loin cloth?!

do you like Ray Stevens too???

As for my username, Lola is my dog,and I sometimes call her Lolabelle, so that's what I went with and now it has become my nickname and I use it on a few other forums.

Tugmistress
11-Jan-08, 21:41
The vehicle i drive at work is called a 'tugmaster' so i became a 'tugmistress' lol

Phoenix200416
12-Jan-08, 00:53
"Phoenix" because I went through a stage of loving mythical creatures and needed a new username for something I forget what it was now and "200416" because in 2004 I was 16 :D and phoenix was already taken. I use it for most things now so I don't have to remember loads of usernames. lol

Fran
12-Jan-08, 02:50
I went to Changi Grammar school - small world isn't it!:D

Yes its a small world, I went to alexandra School in singapore