PDA

View Full Version : Strong gales out west

bekisman
09-Jan-08, 17:09
Is anyone else getting these very strong gales? (we're out west) - had a quick look on BBC weather and it says 18 mph for Thurso, here can't stand up!

NickInTheNorth
09-Jan-08, 17:12
Is anyone else getting these very strong gales? (we're out west) - had a quick look on BBC weather and it says 18 mph for Thurso, here can't stand up!

Ignore BBC they useless!

Try windguru.cz, about the best wind forecast site I've found.

Says 41 mph for now and I reckon they about right!

golach
09-Jan-08, 17:13
check Tuggs site
http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=8

bekisman
09-Jan-08, 17:23
you're right Tugs site smack on..

mums angels
09-Jan-08, 17:32
any idea weather it'll die down before this evening tugs? i know you said tea time but see that you updated and said forecast was a couple of hours behind ?

Skerries
09-Jan-08, 18:20
It's certainly pretty windy in Caithness now. There's snow on the Wick/Thurso road and snow at the Ord (check out the trafficscotland.org webcam). But then again, it is January :)

And the council gritters are out!

Tugmistress
09-Jan-08, 21:26
any idea weather it'll die down before this evening tugs? i know you said tea time but see that you updated and said forecast was a couple of hours behind ?

Hiya, just back in from work, yeah it's dying down now, peak was just after 4pm going by a quick look at my data, so your chimneys and wheelie bins should be safe now :D

mums angels
09-Jan-08, 21:53
Hiya, just back in from work, yeah it's dying down now, peak was just after 4pm going by a quick look at my data, so your chimneys and wheelie bins should be safe now :D

Thanks tug

yes luckily it calmed down before the wee one went to his bed as his room is the noisy one and other than two plastic verge tiles that were loose anyway the house seems fine for once but wont bother going to check until tmrw :lol: