PDA

View Full Version : digital tv recorders

saffy100
09-Jan-08, 14:05
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can used a digital tv recorder if you receive tv through a satelite dish...i've been looking on the net but can't find the answers...technology!!!..lol

Cheers

Andrew C
09-Jan-08, 14:30
I don't know for sure, but I imagine it would be the same as recording with a VCR from Sky...you'd just record the channel that your Sky comes into and whatever channel you put Sky on, that is what it will record so long as no-one changes the channel.

I may be wrong, but seems as if it should work the same.

AC

johno
09-Jan-08, 14:34
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can used a digital tv recorder if you receive tv through a satelite dish...i've been looking on the net but can't find the answers...technology!!!..lol

Cheers
i think so, if you have the one with a hard drive built in it.

Boozeburglar
09-Jan-08, 14:58
Unless it has a built in decoder it records whatever you are watching, naturally works fine with any source, including satellite.

Bobinovich
09-Jan-08, 15:13
Yes it works great from pretty much any source - Satellite, VCR, etc., and if you go for a hard drive recorder with built in DVD writer, you can archive things permanently to DVD too.

The one I got for my birthday (Wharfdale model) I'm slowly getting my head round and have been recording some of our old camcorder tapes onto and then transferring to DVD. Means I can clear the old tapes and reuse them at long last!