PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage!

xx_chickie
08-Jan-08, 14:00
Hi, did anyone see "Road Rage: The Battle for Britain's Roads" last night on BBC1? As a pedestrian, I get extrememly angry when I see drivers taking advantage of the roads just because they are in cars!

The programme highlighted some serious issues about accidents, pedestrian crossings at busy junctions, cyclists and buses. The thing which made me chuckle was the naked cyclists' rally! :lol:

I think the programme was well worth a watch, did anyone else see it? What did you think?

Do any of you suffer from road rage? Who has the rights to the roads in your opinion?

Thanks, and happy posting!

paris
08-Jan-08, 14:02
Don't know about road rage, i certainly get PC rage ! jan x

xx_chickie
08-Jan-08, 14:03
Don't know about road rage, i certainly get PC rage ! jan x

Hehe don't we all? :lol:

Mik.M.
08-Jan-08, 14:51
Chickie, I tried to watch it but the man who drove his kids to school in the "blinged up" Jeep,moaning about the workmen and delivery drivers annoyed me so much I had to turn over.:mad:

xx_chickie
08-Jan-08, 17:43
Chickie, I tried to watch it but the man who drove his kids to school in the "blinged up" Jeep,moaning about the workmen and delivery drivers annoyed me so much I had to turn over.:mad:

That's real road rage for you! :lol: Lol just kidding, yes he was an absolute pain though!

mareng
08-Jan-08, 18:45
The cyclists didn't do themselves any favours on that program............

Any cyclist that comes up the inside between a large lorry and the kerb at a junction is dicing with death.......... which is ultimately what happened.

I hardly ever see a cyclist looking over their shoulder to see what was approaching from the right rear either - they just veer over.

and as for the ones that cycle on the pavements................[evil]

Mik.M.
08-Jan-08, 18:52
Don`t get me started on cyclists. The ones in London seem to think they are in a video game,they get "killed" and just get up and carry on .As a lorry driver it was a nightmare,they used to cut in & out with no signalling,overtake on the inside or try to cut by as you turn left. NUTTERS.

starry
08-Jan-08, 19:27
I felt really sorry for the mother of the girl who was killed, and the man who's wife was killed on the crossing. I could understand his fury when he saw a bus from the same company completely over the crossing when waiting for the lights to change.

Some people amaze me when they drive, both bikes and car users. A wee bit consideration for fellow road and pavement users would make it a much safer place to be.

I am amazed some of those on bikes make it from Lands End to John O Groats. Also some of the walkers need to be told to stay to the side and wander about in the middle of a busy road.

I always really appreciate when a lorry driver pulls in and lets me past, not so much because I am in a hurry but because I know it is only a matter of time before folk behind start trying to overtake me and the lorry.

Fine if they are in that much of a hurry but don't assume my life is less important than your timekeeping [evil]
Do they not understand that if it was clear to over take I would ! No they just keep darting in and out behind me.

I think a tank would be my choice of vehicle for the A9.

Rant over :confused

MadPict
08-Jan-08, 20:50
Recently a young local woman was crushed to death by a lorry turning left at a junction - the dangers of sitting alongside a large vehicle cannot be emphasisied enough.

Having been a frequent cyclist myself I decided it was just too dangerous after I was nearly taken out by a gravel lorry whilst cycling home. It really grips me when I see cyclists ignoring red lights and the protest by the kids stopping cyclists at the pedestrian crossing made me smile. Maybe we need more protests like that to drive the message home to the lycra louts?.....

While this government is always banging on about congestion it does very little to improve/provide cycle ways...