PDA

View Full Version : To Snow Or Not To Snow

Venture
08-Jan-08, 12:44
Well according to the BBC weather video link and Sky News Weather link its going to snow tomorrow and it will be a wee bit on the windy side with severe gales. Yet online BBC weather dosent give any snow neither does metcheck. So shall it be snow or no snow.

xx_chickie
08-Jan-08, 12:54
Haha nothing out of the ordinary for a Caithness weather report then! 'To rain/snow/blow a gale or not to rain/snow/blow a gale'!!! :lol:

mccaugm
08-Jan-08, 13:44
:confusedMy hubby informs me (although no sources given) that its going to snow tomorrow. I doubt it although I wish it would. Keep hearing Nikki Marr on MFR telling me about the snow all over the "MFR" area.....so where is it?????

nanoo
08-Jan-08, 14:01
:confusedMy hubby informs me (although no sources given) that its going to snow tomorrow. I doubt it although I wish it would. Keep hearing Nikki Marr on MFR telling me about the snow all over the "MFR" area.....so where is it?????
INVERNESS of course, thats why we had the gritters out this morning and the wee pavement one as well. When we DO get snow, we don't get gritters because INVERNESS did'nt get any. [lol] Te He.

rfr10
08-Jan-08, 17:13
The MET office have issued a weather warning for the whole of Scotland and the Northern half of England for severe gales. The Highlands has a 40% chance of disruption on average with Caithness having 20% chance.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html

mr do dar
08-Jan-08, 21:09
tuggs have you got the weather report of us on the org . cos bbc forget anyone north of inverness .

Tugmistress
08-Jan-08, 22:02
yes it's going to be windy, but nothing drastic, 45 - 50mph gusts from the north west or west, snow? no. not up here. the upper air temp is not down to -7c or lower, so *if* anything the rain will freeze in the lower air temps but i rather think it will be rain ...lots in the morning and not so much in the afternoon, the worst of the wind will be over by tea time. Will probably feel like brass monkeys though!

golach
08-Jan-08, 22:04
yes it's going to be windy, but nothing drastic, 45 - 50mph gusts from the north west or west, snow? no. not up here. the upper air temp is not down to -7c or lower, so *if* anything the rain will freeze in the lower air temps but i rather think it will be rain ...lots in the morning and not so much in the afternoon, the worst of the wind will be over by tea time. Will probably feel like brass monkeys though!
See 'at, the Beeb would never give as good a weather forecast as that, Brass Monkeys indeed, weel done Tuggs[lol]

Tugmistress
08-Jan-08, 22:35
See 'at, the Beeb would never give as good a weather forecast as that, Brass Monkeys indeed, weel done Tuggs[lol]

i know, not one of my better ones, but not in a great frame of mind tonight :cry: sorry

Tugmistress
09-Jan-08, 07:19
ok looks like the low is moving slower than i thought, a couple? hours behind what i first posted.

candyfloss
09-Jan-08, 15:45
Just looked out the window and it's snowing here in Wick :eek:

ellimac
09-Jan-08, 16:03
Well it's no snowin in bower but it's rainin:)

Riffman
09-Jan-08, 16:44
Snow stopped here in Wick, rain now

rfr10
09-Jan-08, 17:09
Cold, wet and windy :/ typical when you have to walk home from school.

A friend in Alness told me today that they heard something on the radio about Wick High School being closed today? It was open though. Also, Alness Academy was closing this afternoon due to heavy rain and wind?

Are the MET office ever right with their forecasts, it seems they never know properly until about 1 hour in advance.

Riffman
09-Jan-08, 20:30
Cold, wet and windy :/ typical when you have to walk home from school.

A friend in Alness told me today that they heard something on the radio about Wick High School being closed today? It was open though. Also, Alness Academy was closing this afternoon due to heavy rain and wind?

Are the MET office ever right with their forecasts, it seems they never know properly until about 1 hour in advance.

They seem better than they used to be, for 24 hours ahead stuff they have been annoyingly right all week, but more than two days and its a bit dodgy.

paris
09-Jan-08, 20:41
I check the met office every day BUT i find my homepage( bt ) has a much better and accurate forecast than the met. Its been absolutely freezing today but no snow. jan x