PDA

View Full Version : Candles danger

htwood
08-Jan-08, 06:00
An elderly client of mine died this past weekend, his house caught fire. There had been a power outage and he lit candles, then forgot them and went to bed with them still burning. I'm heartsick, what a sweet fellow he was.
So I just want to remind everyone to never leave candles burning unattended, or near curtains or anything flammable. And to keep fresh batteries in smoke alarms. Sorry, I just had to write this. Thanks, H

paris
08-Jan-08, 09:50
H , Im so sorry. Jan x:(

Sporran
08-Jan-08, 17:40
Thanks for the reminder, htwood. I'd also like to warn folk against the dangers of smoking in bed (then falling asleep with the cigarette still lit).

So sorry to hear of the tragic loss of your client, that is very sad! :( With all the scented candles around these days as well, there seems to be an increase in the use of candles.

So remember folks, don't forget to snuff out your candle, so a fire doesn't snuff out your life!!!

starry
08-Jan-08, 20:12
I am so sorry about your client xx

This made me think again about it...Taken from the BBC NEWS site.

A three-year-old County Fermanagh girl has died from serious burns after her dress caught fire.

Rebecca Johnston from Enniskillen sustained serious injuries after an accident involving a candle at her family home.
Her mother Wilma sustained burns to her fingers as she attempted to extinguish the flames and was rushed along with her daughter to the Erne Hospital.
Rebecca was taken to hospital in Dublin, but died from her injuries.
She had been in Our Lady's Children's Hospital. A coroner in Dublin is to investigate the death.

johno
08-Jan-08, 22:18
very sorry to hear that, sad, would,nt have a candle in the house. :~(

miranda
09-Jan-08, 23:16
what a sad story . people need to be aware how dangerous candles can be they might be pretty but they are dangerous!!x