PDA

View Full Version : Health V's Comfort

karia
07-Jan-08, 20:57
Well, we are a week into the New Year so is it a case of scorning the Scotch, scoffing down smoothies and renewing your gym membership?....

... or curling up by the fire with a big bowl of comfort food and hibernating until spring?:)

I'll get my herbal tea while you think about it!;)

miranda
07-Jan-08, 21:01
well Karia after 1st day back at work i wis planning a wee glass of vino and maybe some o ma fav choccies!!!!!!!! ill start ma fitness lifestyle next week once ive settled back in lol :lol:

starry
07-Jan-08, 21:08
Well I am trying to be more optimistic, I am working on the good things will happen if I expect them to idea.

I have nothing at all to back up this theory but last year I expected nothing and got nothing :confused

I walked to work today, it is less than 4 minute walk but it is a start. I am planning the Glasgow Half Marathon in September so might have to up the training programme a wee bit eh ;)

I am not even thinking of giving up drinking or chocolate, if I can get out of bed each day and not murder anyone in my office then I think I am doing my bit for the good of mankind.

starry
07-Jan-08, 21:10
Oh and I ate three plums, which is almost a change in diet isn't it.

anneoctober
07-Jan-08, 21:30
Oh and I ate three plums, which is almost a change in diet isn't it.
Sounds like your optimistic approach is working, Starry..........:lol:

mccaugm
07-Jan-08, 21:44
Today I started my diet...porridge for breakfast with fresh raspberries, baked potato with beans and veg for lunch and dinner was veggie chilli and rice. Feel better and thankfully nice and full. I am now going to get a lo fat hot choccie and lo fat biccie. I have a stone to go wish me luck....

bobsgirl
07-Jan-08, 21:53
I sort of started my diet today by not being able to keep food down!! Horrible!! Hopefully not this bug that's going round.
I have however spent the day being quite energetic considering and tomorrow it is back to the gym. Not been there in about 6 month, yikes.
Prob only last a few weeks unless my gym buddies will keep me going!! :confused

airdlass
07-Jan-08, 22:00
Was going to start the diet today but it was my daughter's birthday so as is tradition in our house she got to choose what was for dinner. She went for the Sunday roast type/christmas dinner which I didn't mind as she wasn't here at Christmas time.
Tomorrow definitiely!:)

ciderally
07-Jan-08, 22:49
the thoughts thare...but no give me chocolate for now anyway xx

anneoctober
07-Jan-08, 22:54
Today I started my diet...porridge for breakfast with fresh raspberries, baked potato with beans and veg for lunch and dinner was veggie chilli and rice. Feel better and thankfully nice and full. I am now going to get a lo fat hot choccie and lo fat biccie. I have a stone to go wish me luck....
Just remember wifie, we'll always love you for being "you". May your little black dress cling in all the right places. ;)

Anne x
07-Jan-08, 22:54
Well Karia never quite made the Gym yet but -----got the bug and lost the weight and not the best way having said that there is always another day or week for the gym lol :lol:
pass the chocs

karia
07-Jan-08, 23:04
Well I feel quite betrayed by my body.

Two days now without mindless snacking and booze that go with the festive period and I feel....

......fantastic!:D

So I guess I'll just need to keep it up!:mad:

lynne duncan
07-Jan-08, 23:49
help needed! day2 of diet with 2 stone to shift was going to try last year but decided that i was going to have a "gap" year though think that is a gap where my trousers wouldn't tie and not a year out seeing the world wish it was th eother way around.
have a couple of events coming up this year so maybe that will encourage me,
a holiday in march
school reunion in july

paris
08-Jan-08, 02:19
Wish you all the luck in the world as i know how hard it is to lose a pound let alone a stone. Keep it up , your doing great ! jan x

rockchick
08-Jan-08, 10:05
I was soooo proud of myself over Christmas as I was very good in resisting temptation. But now that I'm back at work, and people keep bringing in sweeties to share. It's really hard to say "no"! ARGH!!!!

NickInTheNorth
08-Jan-08, 10:39
Well I've started using the gym. I've joined the squash club. I'm swimming a couple of times per week. I'm back to healthy eating. No booze until Easter at least.

I hope to be at least 4 stone lighter by September, and playing squash at a decent standard agan.

That to my mind is Health AND Comfort :)

scorrie
08-Jan-08, 18:40
I have narrowed it down to two choices:- The Hip and Thigh Diet OR The Chip and Pie Diet.

I will decide by Valentines Day.