PDA

View Full Version : Gunn/Mackay Family

Nicki Mackay
07-Jan-08, 19:51
Gunn/Mackay Family

I am trying to trace back the Gunn family from Tongue, Sutherland.

My great grandma Lucy Gunn was born in Talmine on 17th January 1874, she married Andrew Mackay born 1874. Her parents were John and Williemena (ms Mackay), they were married in Melness on 30th December 1870. They had the following children, Andrew, George, Barbara, Hugh, Joanne and Margaret.

Williemena's parents were Lucy/Louisa Mackay who married a Hugh Mackay on 7th February 1829 in Tongue. If anybody could help with any further information,on the Mackay and Gunn side I would be grateful.

Lucy had the following siblings, Hugh, Donald, Williamina, and Angus

pamela fayle
14-Jan-08, 02:50
Nicki,
have sent you a separate email but will post here as well. Have discovered that Hugh Gunn (Lucy's brother) married Andrew Mackay's youngest sister, Mary Jess Mackay (so a Mackay brother and sister married a Gunn brother and sister). Don't know what family they had but they lived in Edinburgh for a while after marrying and Hugh was a cable car driver. Hugh Gunn and Mary Jess Mackay married on 1 June, 1906. The wedding took place at 75 Albert St, Edinburgh, Hugh’s usual place of residence. The ceremony was conducted by a minister of the United Free Church. Hugh Gunn was born 8 November 1878 in Talmine, Tongue, the son of John Gunn and Williamina Mackay and of course you have Lucy Gunn's details.
Any descendants of Hugh Gunn and Mary Jess Mackay out there???