PDA

View Full Version : Royal Mail

Macwull
07-Jan-08, 18:53
How many other people have the same problem??

My partner was in today at half 12 when the postie came to the door she heard him putting the letters through the letterbox and when she went to the door found in amongst the letters a red 'Sorry you were out' card!!

This happens at least every second time we get a package!!
Worse stil we were told on the back to leave it until tuesday to collect.

They might as well just phone and tell us to pick up our parcels!

Royal Mail! I'm sure they don't give the queen the same service!!

floyed
07-Jan-08, 18:56
Yeh this has happened to me several times. When it does, i just go on their website put in my details and get it resent, so i dont have to go pick it up they have to come back to mine:D

Buttercup
07-Jan-08, 19:08
Quite a common occurance here too. Saturday seems to be the worst day for it as you have to wait until Monday to get your item, most annoying especially if it's something urgent. [mad] (while we're having a moan about Royal Mail) Have you noticed that the mail boxes now don't say when or how often they'll be uplifted just "Last Collection from this box".

Valerie Campbell
07-Jan-08, 19:37
I did a post on this a few weeks ago. It's so annoying. What's worse is when you know when something has been posted and you know when it should arrive, then it doesn't. You wait another day. It still doesn't come, but by this stage you get the 'sorry you were out.' I never had this problem in Watten, ever. The postie was always very pleasant and delivered stuff on time. Wish there were more conscientious posties like him.

Macwull
07-Jan-08, 22:04
Yeah, im sure there are a lot o good posties out there but there is (as always) a minority that spoil the service! No doubt the OH will complain tomorrow again when she goes up but it'l make no difference!

Neverheed!

jim shoe
09-Jan-08, 18:29
How many other people have the same problem??

My partner was in today at half 12 when the postie came to the door she heard him putting the letters through the letterbox and when she went to the door found in amongst the letters a red 'Sorry you were out' card!!

This happens at least every second time we get a package!!
Worse stil we were told on the back to leave it until tuesday to collect.

They might as well just phone and tell us to pick up our parcels!

Royal Mail! I'm sure they don't give the queen the same service!!
you no whats worse as a postman when you knock on someones door no1 comes you put a note in .THEN 6 DOORS DOWN THE ROAD THEY SHOUT 4 YOU TO COME BACK WITH THEIR PACKET NOW THATS REALLY ANNOYING

Thumper
09-Jan-08, 18:32
They were probably at the loo and couldnt get to the door intime to answer it jim shoe ;) x

Cattach
09-Jan-08, 18:34
you no whats worse as a postman when you knock on someones door no1 comes you put a note in .THEN 6 DOORS DOWN THE ROAD THEY SHOUT 4 YOU TO COME BACK WITH THEIR PACKET NOW THATS REALLY ANNOYING

Why? You are paid to deliver and if it means walking back a few yards it does not matter.

We have a couple of posties who just cross over walls and fences and through gardens to cut time. Another leaves the gate open all the time - young children in the house and so it is a danger.

I am afraid that some posties are just bone idle. Fortunately most do a good job.

the charlatans
09-Jan-08, 21:29
Well i've said it before on here and i'll say it again. Our postie up Mey, Dunnet and Brough way is ACE. Sammy, you do a great job and we appreciate the work you do. Also the relief posties are ace too.
Thought i'd show some positiveness on here.
The card through the door thing hasn't happened to me thankfully, bet it was annoying.

northener
09-Jan-08, 21:49

Yup, They can't be arsed to go to the door until they read the card and realise there's something positive in it for them. Used to get it when I was a despatch rider.

twiglet
09-Jan-08, 21:56
This has happened to me several times and I have also had parcels left in my flower border when I lived in the south in plain view of all the local thieves and in the rain! We also used to get parcels and letters delivered that had been tampered with, but no such problems here. We have a great postie and I always take a parcel in for a neighbour if I can.

smithp
09-Jan-08, 22:00
Posties are great up here. Try living and running a business in Lancashire or Merseyside - you'd be lucky to get the card through the door.