PDA

View Full Version : Cheeky Blighters

bekisman
07-Jan-08, 16:29
Has anyone else had these unsolicited letters?

"Dear Sir /Madam
Re: Appointment on Thursday 17th January at 10.15am
Following our letter recently, which may have been delayed with postal strikes I have allocated a time for us to briefly talk to you by phone about the potential benefits that we can bring to you and your facility.

We would like you to confirm whether or not you will be available at this time and date. Please call us on 01792 323444 or fax this letter to 08706 223807..
Yours sincerely

Amour Finance Llp, Neath"

Well considering I have not the slightest interest in this unsolicited contact (and no recent letter which may have been delayed by the postal strike) they seem in cloud cuckoo land if they think I'm going to 'phone or fax em on an 0870 number - Cheeky blighters - thing is it's a genuine company, but what an unprofessional way to conduct business..

Been deciding my course of action when they 'phone, think I'll say "could you hang on a minute, someone's at the door" and go and make a cup of tea.. or just stay silent after the initial contact.. hmm.. should be interesting

Angela
07-Jan-08, 16:41
No.... but I'm currently having a problem with a company called Personal Accident Plus!

I've had several cold calls from them, and so far nothing I have said or done has put them off. :(

I suspect -although I'm not certain -that there may be a connection between them and the maddeningly high number of calls I'm also receiving (Monday to Friday only) where there appears to be nobody there...

I imagine this is an automated connection that cuts out if I don't answer the phone within a few rings. It's getting a bit tough on family and friends as I now tend to respond to every phone call with a growl and a snarl !! :eek:

Btw, my number is ex directory and registered with both the TPS and Silent Callguard.

dandod
07-Jan-08, 18:24
the TPS does not stop you from getting these calls from call centres abroad unfortunatly.so that may be the reason you are still getting them.

floyed
07-Jan-08, 18:35
No havent had any problems with letters or phone calls:D

bluelady
07-Jan-08, 18:46
ive had them ringing on a Sunday night and I gave them a good telling off. If its a cold caller, I tell them Im unemployed or not the home owner - even when I was, they just put the phone down on you.

northener
07-Jan-08, 20:20
No.... but I'm currently having a problem with a company called Personal Accident Plus!

I've had several cold calls from them, and so far nothing I have said or done has put them off. :(

I suspect -although I'm not certain -that there may be a connection between them and the maddeningly high number of calls I'm also receiving (Monday to Friday only) where there appears to be nobody there...

I imagine this is an automated connection that cuts out if I don't answer the phone within a few rings. It's getting a bit tough on family and friends as I now tend to respond to every phone call with a growl and a snarl !! :eek:

Btw, my number is ex directory and registered with both the TPS and Silent Callguard.

Get yourself a phone with caller display. All I do is look at the number when it rings - if it's witheld or unknown I just let it go onto answerphone and screen the call.
If I'm in an arsey mood and I think it's an unsolicited call, I'll pick it up just to be polite but very abrupt with the caller.
I don't even give the the option to finish the call - always say your piece and then hang up before they get a chance to reply.

It's your number they're calling - so it's you who controls the situation, not them.

anneoctober
07-Jan-08, 20:56
Get yourself a phone with caller display. All I do is look at the number when it rings - if it's witheld or unknown I just let it go onto answerphone and screen the call.
If I'm in an arsey mood and I think it's an unsolicited call, I'll pick it up just to be polite but very abrupt with the caller.
I don't even give the the option to finish the call - always say your piece and then hang up before they get a chance to reply.

It's your number they're calling - so it's you who controls the situation, not them.

Oooooh, us girls love it when a man talks like this.........;)

johno
07-Jan-08, 22:53
As for the letter,s they are easy, i just put them in my personal letter box. it,s called shredder.
And for the phone call,s i usually tell them no i dont need it but ive got a battleship for sale if your interested, this usually leaves a pause where you can deposit the phone back down on the cradle.
One particular girl would,nt take no for an answer, so i asked her name which she gave me then i asked for her tel no, she asked why, so i told her since she had mine it was only fair that i had her,s then i said that she sounded so very nice and that we might meet maybe fall in love maybe get married & have kid,s get a. that,s when the phone went dead, but boy was it worth it. funny funny

ciderally
07-Jan-08, 22:55
has it a postal address? return it without a stamp

anneoctober
07-Jan-08, 22:59
for gawds sake guys, this is turning nasty - eat the chocolate NOW....[lol]