PDA

View Full Version : Camera For Close Up Photos

STUDMUFFIN
07-Jan-08, 11:57
Hi. I Sell A Lot Of Items On Ebay (creebridge1) And I Am Struggling To Take Accurate Close Up Pictures Of Tiny Items That Wont Go In The Scanner. Could Any Of You Kind People Give Me Recommendations Of Any Low Cost Digital Camera That Would Suffice Or Are There Any Tricks I Could Use To Make My Camera Do The Job In Hand. The Camera Is A Samsung S800 8.1mp.
Many Thanks

Raven
07-Jan-08, 13:19
I don`t know your cam, but has it got a macro setting? If so, maybe try that one... I would also take the pictures in a even lighting, to avoid shadows from the flash.
Maybe try to place them on wither a white or a dark surface to show its greatest potential (nothing against your cream chair though ;-))

The best option you have is to go for a used low budget dslr a kit lens and some screw on magnification glasses.

Shalom
07-Jan-08, 20:36
For pics of tiny items, I place them near a window and switch the flash off as it is too strong and the pics are overexposed. Without it, they come out just fine.
I use a Canon Powershot A640 and you can get as close as 1 cm to your subject.

STUDMUFFIN
07-Jan-08, 20:42
i have tried all that and i am finding it frustrating. i dont know anything about cameras ,"macro", etc so its all martian to me. is anyone selling a digital SLR camera cheapish that would be good enough. i have just been bidding on ebay but to no avail. many thanks for your comments.

Shalom
07-Jan-08, 20:47
The macro button on your camera has a flower/tulip icon.......you probably know that but just in case you didn't......

STUDMUFFIN
07-Jan-08, 20:52
i found the button but its still pretty rubbish. you have to hold it 15cm away to even see the item and then it doesnt focus at all well

Shalom
07-Jan-08, 22:13
A digital camera mag will tell you how close you can get with the camera......1 cm is best.....that would help you to know which to go for on eBay.

STUDMUFFIN
08-Jan-08, 07:59
Thanks For All Your Replies. I Have Won One On Ebay Which Is Up To The Job. Nice To Know There Are Considerate, Helpful People Out In The World.