PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Spiritual Church

white arrow
06-Jan-08, 22:32
Hello to you all.

We are starting The Caithness Spiritualist Church (details of the event is posted in the 'Whats on this Month'). If anyone would like more information please get in touch.

paris
06-Jan-08, 22:37
Hi there white arrow, what a shame I'm not living there now. Porshiepoo and i used to go to the closed circle here in lincs but we couldn't find anything in caithness to go to. Good luck. jan x

anneoctober
06-Jan-08, 22:37
welcome to the Org white arrow, may your posts be many. :)

white arrow
06-Jan-08, 22:42
Thankyou very much for your support and best wishes.

Love and Light

cats81
06-Jan-08, 23:38
Can you pm me with dates and details??

Well done on starting it up!

x

Riffman
07-Jan-08, 01:10
Haven't we got enough religion up here without more rubbish.... :(

DeHaviLand
07-Jan-08, 01:32
Haven't we got enough religion up here without more rubbish.... :(

Should you have bothered posting with that attitude?

trix
07-Jan-08, 01:37
good for ye white arrow, an good luck, hope it all works oot

im sure there are lots o people 'up here' who will appreciate it :D

Dog-eared
07-Jan-08, 02:23
I'd sure like to know two things please -

White Arrow - what is a "Spiritualist church "

Paris - what is a " closed circle"

paris
07-Jan-08, 11:18
I'd sure like to know two things please -

White Arrow - what is a "Spiritualist church "

Paris - what is a " closed circle"
Easiest way to explain is........its for thoes of us who believe in life after death, contact with our passed loved ones. One can get great comfort from going IF its your sort of thing. jan x

TBH
07-Jan-08, 12:19
If people get some comfort through their beliefs then I cannot see any harm in this if it is non-profit making?

nanoo
07-Jan-08, 12:38
Welcome to the Org White arrow and i look forward to your posts. Good luck to you White arrow, i'm sure things will work out well for your venture.

Buttercup
07-Jan-08, 18:42
Welcome to the org, White Arrow. Hope your venture is a success:).

white arrow
07-Jan-08, 18:56
Thankyou for all your comments, much appreciated.:)

Jan, thanks for your great assistance, will be in touch.

Regarding the statement about non-profit, of course there will be a SMALL profit but this will be used to enable us to have a variety of Mediums on a monthly basis, also for other types of Spiritual Events.

If there are monies left over at the end of the year these will be presented to LOCAL Charities.

Love and Light

scorrie
07-Jan-08, 20:07
I can see the headline now:-

"Small Mediums at Large in Caithness!!" ;)

TBH
07-Jan-08, 21:17
Thankyou for all your comments, much appreciated.:)

Jan, thanks for your great assistance, will be in touch.

Regarding the statement about non-profit, of course there will be a SMALL profit but this will be used to enable us to have a variety of Mediums on a monthly basis, also for other types of Spiritual Events.

If there are monies left over at the end of the year these will be presented to LOCAL Charities.

Love and LightExcellent Idea then. As I have said, anything that helps people come to terms with the aftermath of death is a good thing in my opinion.

Boozeburglar
07-Jan-08, 21:25
I don't know if it is the type of thing that should be promoted on the messageboard.

You can take out an ad in the papers, or pay for an ad on Caithness.org

Anyone suffering bereavement should firstly try bereavement counselling.

There is much of the snake oil and mirrors about Spiritualist Churches.

The basic techniques used are well documented and have been exposed time and time again.

Does it have charitable status?

:(

TBH
07-Jan-08, 21:37
I don't know if it is the type of thing that should be promoted on the messageboard.

You can take out an ad in the papers, or pay for an ad on Caithness.org

Anyone suffering bereavement should firstly try bereavement counselling.

There is much of the snake oil and mirrors about Spiritualist Churches.

The basic techniques used are well documented and have been exposed time and time again.

Does it have charitable status?

:(Does it really matter if it is all a load of rubbish or not? Some people take heart from even the thought that their loved ones are still with them in some form or other. The reason I asked about non-profit making is that if they were using other peoples grief to make money then they should never be allowed to set foot in caithness.

white arrow
07-Jan-08, 21:44
I do agree that bereavement counselling is a way to go, but also spiritualism does help many people as well.
There is a advertisement in the events of the month.
And the comments that have been made since we posted this thread have coinfirmed our conviction that the Church is required in Caithness.
Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

Love and Light

Boozeburglar
07-Jan-08, 21:52
Does it really matter if it is all a load of rubbish or not? Some people take heart from even the thought that their loved ones are still with them in some form or other.

Thankyou for the education.

It matters if people are being exploited, regardless of whether or not it is for financial gain.

The possibility that a good deal of what goes on in the Spiritualist Church is contrived takes nothing away from the comfort of communicating with your loved ones in the spiritual realm. There is no need to consult a Charlatan to achieve that communication.

For a lot of people these churches interfere with a healthy grieving process, and they prey on the most weak, as many other organised religions do.

If you are bereaved please seek local bereavement counselling through your GP.

connieb19
07-Jan-08, 21:56
Hello to you all.

We are starting The Caithness Spiritualist Church (details of the event is posted in the 'Whats on this Month'). If anyone would like more information please get in touch.
Where's "whats on this month", all I can find it "what's on today":confused

TBH
07-Jan-08, 21:58
Where's "whats on this month", all I can find it "what's on today":confusedMaybe the tooth fairy stole it.;)

anneoctober
07-Jan-08, 21:59
Where's "whats on this month", all I can find it "what's on today":confused
Click on that Connie and it'll bring you to another screen which will give you the option of looking at the whole month of January. ;)

connieb19
07-Jan-08, 22:01
Click on that Connie and it'll bring you to another screen which will give you the option of looking at the whole month of January. ;)Thanks for that. I'll have a wee lookie now. :)

skinnydog
07-Jan-08, 22:05
I feel that Boozeburglar is a bit harsh saying that most organised religions prey on the weak.

Whilst I can appreciate there are vulnerable individuals out there I certainly dont think most religions go looking for them.

I can't see the Caithness Spiritual Church canvassing on the street for new members can you?

People have a choice. If you are interested go, if not don't. Simple.

white arrow
07-Jan-08, 22:11
Maybe the tooth fairy stole it.;)

:lol: Love your sense of humour

sweetpea
07-Jan-08, 22:14
Hmm I'm not too sure about some of the comments regarding exploiting people who are grieving. For a start usually you can't make contact with the spirit of someone who has died immediately anyway. Also spiritualism is used in many ways such as helping you to make decisions about events in your life or to give guidance in times of hardship or need.
Grief is a cycle of stages and for some they can become 'stuck' in a stage, perhaps because they never got to say goodbye or feel bad about the way a person died so reassurance is comforting. Live and let live I say. If you don't believe then don#t take part. ;)

TBH
07-Jan-08, 22:25
:lol: Love your sense of humourThank you very much, hope everything goes well for yourself and everyone involved in your venture.

ciderally
07-Jan-08, 22:28
best wishes and a warm welcome to you, will be having a look at your info

canuck
07-Jan-08, 22:36
For a lot of people these churches interfere with a healthy grieving process, and they prey on the most weak, as many other organised religions do.

Now just a second. That is a pretty sweeping statement. I've spent hours and hours doing grief counselling training. I've worked for years with the hospice program. And all in the name of the church, the archetype of "organized religion". I personally do not consider myself to be one who preys on the weak.

porshiepoo
07-Jan-08, 22:40
Sounds interesting!
It's been a while now since myself and Paris have done anything of this sort unfortunately.
I must say I find it quite frustrating that some people automatically assume that those of us who attend 'Spiritualist' sessions are 'Religious'. I'm certainly not religious in any way and neither is Paris.
For us the Spiritualist classes were a way for us to delve into something that interests us. We all have psychic ability to some greater or lesser degree and the Closed Circles enabled us to learn to develop these abilities further, and this doesn't necessarily mean by contacting Spirit, it also encompassed Meditation - which let's face it, many of us would benefit from learning to relax our mind and body to that degree.

Have to say though, God (pardon the pun) we saw some weird goings ons. Unfortunately for me I'm not as good at hiding my humour as well as Paris was and I think we were on the verge of being banished from the circle due to my hysterics on a couple of occassions. lol.
Remember Paris???? The Channelling???? The Table Lifting????? :lol::lol:

Oddquine
07-Jan-08, 23:27
I'm not religious at all anymore, but I attend Spiritualist Church services when visiting my cousin, who is a member of her local church.....and, to my surprise, rather enjoy them.

Boozeburglar
08-Jan-08, 00:08
I am qualified bereavement counsellor.

Having worked specifically with helping families cope with loss and helping people manage their own death, I feel my views are as valid as anyone else's.

My experience with the Spiritualist Church is of attending groups and services.

They are recognised as a religion in the UK, I would suggest they are more of a cult.

I have dipped my toes in all the major religions to some degree, and the Spiritualist Church is just the poor man's Paul McKenna show.

groatsgirl
08-Jan-08, 00:09
White arrow could u please pm me more details , I know quite a few people who would be interested, Many thanks.
We cant help small minded people !! They are beyond it !!

DeHaviLand
08-Jan-08, 00:23
They are recognised as a religion in the UK, I would suggest they are more of a cult.

There's a difference? Isn't it the case that all the worlds major religions must, of necessity, have started off as cults?

paris
08-Jan-08, 02:08
Sounds interesting!
It's been a while now since myself and Paris have done anything of this sort unfortunately.
I must say I find it quite frustrating that some people automatically assume that those of us who attend 'Spiritualist' sessions are 'Religious'. I'm certainly not religious in any way and neither is Paris.
For us the Spiritualist classes were a way for us to delve into something that interests us. We all have psychic ability to some greater or lesser degree and the Closed Circles enabled us to learn to develop these abilities further, and this doesn't necessarily mean by contacting Spirit, it also encompassed Meditation - which let's face it, many of us would benefit from learning to relax our mind and body to that degree.

Have to say though, God (pardon the pun) we saw some weird goings ons. Unfortunately for me I'm not as good at hiding my humour as well as Paris was and I think we were on the verge of being banished from the circle due to my hysterics on a couple of occassions. lol.
Remember Paris???? The Channelling???? The Table Lifting????? :lol::lol:
Do i remember, lol I shall never forget YOU and your jouneys,
Dont anyone EVER go anywhere with Poo, you end up with wet draws ! jan x

JamesMcVean
08-Jan-08, 10:28
White Arrow

Isn't Spiritualism something personal, the search for the inner connection to the creator's prescence? Surely it is something that the individual can seek inwardly rather than in the prescece of SOME shady mediums...I used to really enjoy Most Haunted till I heard that they exposed Derek Akorah as a fake and a cheat...BUT, saying that, I do believe in the whole spiritual afterlife...just not organised by ANY church or group of men or women...

Good luck with the venture though

James

scorrie
08-Jan-08, 10:55
White arrow could u please pm me more details , I know quite a few people who would be interested, Many thanks.
We cant help small minded people !! They are beyond it !!

Who has the smaller mind? Someone who accepts that the circle of life has completed for the deceased and endeavours to grieve and move on with their life? Or is it the person who tries to prolong contact, beyond the grave, with the departed through a third party conduit?

Certain types of people seem to latch onto anything that makes them seem special, and the concept of psychic ability is something that seems to attract them in spades!! Couple that with vulnerable people, who have suffered loss and there is a ready made market. Grieving people WANT to believe. They will clutch at the thinnest of straws and embrace anything that can make them feel better. I have no belief in the afterlife and feel that appropriate counselling, dealing with the realities of loss, is the best way forward for those who mourn for a departed loved one.

I take exception to the idea that that makes me, or anyone else, small minded or beyond the help of someone holding a degree from Paranormal University Wyoming!!

porshiepoo
08-Jan-08, 10:56
Good grief this whole thing has been taken well out of context.
Not all mediums are fake! As long as a reciever doesn't 'reach' for something to mean something when it doesn't.

For those of you that don't agree with it or feel like it's equivalent to a cult - don't go. That's entirely your perogative and your right, but don't make those of us who do believe in Spirit and/or the ability of a good medium feel as though we are somehow less of a person or a freak for it. It's personal choice is all.

I wonder how many of you with this God Squad, freak, cult attitude have actually sat in on one of these sessions and built your opinions on personal experience rather than what you read somewhere or think you know?

As for Derek Acorah, it's kind of obvious that he does have some psychic ability but let's face it, a programme such as 'Most Haunted' was always going to have be staged in some way. They're not going to spend all that time and money on production without some guarantee that something is going to happen. Unfortunately Derek, as the medium, is know accused of being a fake along with the show. Don't get me wrong, I dodn't think he's terribly good and to be honest I don't like the way he works or the personality that he portrays on the T.V, but I do wonder how much of a victim to the programme he is.
Still, a few million people were hooked on that programme. Paris!!!!!!!!!!!

scorrie
08-Jan-08, 11:29

That is your opinion. As you say, we are all free to have a differing opinion.

TBH
08-Jan-08, 11:34
Not all mediums are fake! As long as a reciever doesn't 'reach' for something to mean something when it doesn't.

For those of you that don't agree with it or feel like it's equivalent to a cult - don't go. That's entirely your perogative and your right, but don't make those of us who do believe in Spirit and/or the ability of a good medium feel as though we are somehow less of a person or a freak for it. It's personal choice is all.

I wonder how many of you with this God Squad, freak, cult attitude have actually sat in on one of these sessions and built your opinions on personal experience rather than what you read somewhere or think you know?

As for Derek Acorah, it's kind of obvious that he does have some psychic ability but let's face it, a programme such as 'Most Haunted' was always going to have be staged in some way. They're not going to spend all that time and money on production without some guarantee that something is going to happen. Unfortunately Derek, as the medium, is know accused of being a fake along with the show. Don't get me wrong, I dodn't think he's terribly good and to be honest I don't like the way he works or the personality that he portrays on the T.V, but I do wonder how much of a victim to the programme he is.
Still, a few million people were hooked on that programme. Paris!!!!!!!!!!!Has anybody ever collected on James Randi's promise of $1M to anybody that can prove, under laboratory conditions, that they have a psychic ability?

porshiepoo
08-Jan-08, 12:12
Nope, but then again who cares?
If this guy is so sceptical about the whole thing and makes mega bucks out of proving people wrong why would anyone with a confirmed ability and who is confident in that ability feel the need to be judged by the likes of this guy?
Leave that to the idiots that have already put themselves up for it, like the 'Asteroid Prophet', 'Hash Eater' (Yep seriously), Flame Thrower and many more weird and wonderful ideas.

Lets face it this guy is nothing more than a stage magician who makes money from debunking anything paranormal. His opinion means nothing to anyone other than himself.

porshiepoo
08-Jan-08, 12:14
That is your opinion. As you say, we are all free to have a differing opinion.

Not just opinion, it's fact!!!!!

This thread was started as information about a spiritualist meeting and as usual has fallen into 'Nutcase/Crackpot' scenario, therefore the thread is out of context of the original posting.
I ain't complaining, just saying.

Metalattakk
08-Jan-08, 13:12
I have to agree with scorrie and Boozeburglar here.

Vulnerable people will be drawn to this 'church', looking for answers that can be found more easily and more healthily by going for bereavement counselling.

I shudder to think of the damage that can be done by these so-called 'spiritualists'.

JamesMcVean has it spot on, too. This isn't any form of true spiritualism.

TBH
08-Jan-08, 14:01
Nope, but then again who cares?
If this guy is so sceptical about the whole thing and makes mega bucks out of proving people wrong why would anyone with a confirmed ability and who is confident in that ability feel the need to be judged by the likes of this guy?
Leave that to the idiots that have already put themselves up for it, like the 'Asteroid Prophet', 'Hash Eater' (Yep seriously), Flame Thrower and many more weird and wonderful ideas.

Lets face it this guy is nothing more than a stage magician who makes money from debunking anything paranormal. His opinion means nothing to anyone other than himself.Yes he has made money debunking the shysters of this world, why shouldn't he. Harry Houdini made it his duty to debunk false claims of psychic ability and prevent people who were suffering a bereavement from being fleeced by these shysters who were preying on the grief of these poor people. Who confirmed that anybody has psychic ability? If someone was genuine in their claims then they would have nothing to lose and everything to gain by having their ability 'confirmed' under laboratory conditions.

scorrie
08-Jan-08, 17:19
Not just opinion, it's fact!!!!!

This thread was started as information about a spiritualist meeting

You need to analyse much more before stating anything is "fact", particularly if you are going to follow the word with FIVE exclamation marks.

If the original post was merely intended to inform people of a spiritualist meeting, then that post was no more than an advertisment and should not be allowed on the general forum. If the thread is to be left on the general forum, then opinions of all sorts should be both expected and accepted.

scorrie
08-Jan-08, 17:29
Vulnerable people will be drawn to this 'church', looking for answers that can be found more easily and more healthily by going for bereavement counselling.

They do have a bit of a neck calling it a Church. What will be next? Faith healers opening a Spiritual Hospital?

I have a vision of someone in a wheelchair going to the Spiritual Hossy to be met by people singing and dancing in the style of the Uswitch advert. Five minutes later they are up and out of the wheelchair moonwalking like Wacko Jacko and joining in the song!!

Everyone join in now:-

"Does your back ache get you down?", "Yes it does", "Ooh, you gotta switch"

Angela
08-Jan-08, 19:26
I'd just like to say that bereavement counselling isn't for everyone.
Everyone is different, every relationship is different and and everyone grieves differently.
Provision of bereavement counselling is patchy and you can have a very long wait -it's not always a simple matter of getting a GP referral when you need help.
After I'd been on the local Cruse waiting list for several months and was getting nowhere, my GP did refer me to the one and only local NHS counsellor available. It was a truly appalling experience -what she "offered" -rammed down my throat more like! - was a one size fits all type of counselling where she pressured me to move forward at the pace she thought was right so she could tick all her boxes.
The experience made me feel so much worse than I had beforehand.
It was only a couple of years later, I stumbled on some very good bereavement counselling purely by chance....the ICU follow-up nurse I was seeing was in fact a trained and very experienced counsellor. She wasn't there to give me bereavement counselling -that was for the relatives of people who had died in the ICU -but she did anyway, and it was such a fantastic help.
The right kind of counselling, where you have a counsellor that has the time to listen to you and understand you as an individual can be such a wonderful help, but I do shudder a bit when I see bereavement counselling being mentioned as an obvious and automatic solution for everybody.

porshiepoo
08-Jan-08, 19:47
You need to analyse much more before stating anything is "fact", particularly if you are going to follow the word with FIVE exclamation marks.

If the original post was merely intended to inform people of a spiritualist meeting, then that post was no more than an advertisment and should not be allowed on the general forum. If the thread is to be left on the general forum, then opinions of all sorts should be both expected and accepted.

Oh good grief, get a life. Whether or not the original topic of this thread is in the right part of the forum or not does not change the FACT that this thread is now off topic and Completely out of context of its original intention.

Never ceases to amuse me how people resort to such pettiness as to the amount of exclamation points used in a sentence in order to divert the subject away from their own obvious ignorance of a subject.
It's really rather amusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

porshiepoo
08-Jan-08, 19:53
Yes he has made money debunking the shysters of this world, why shouldn't he. Harry Houdini made it his duty to debunk false claims of psychic ability and prevent people who were suffering a bereavement from being fleeced by these shysters who were preying on the grief of these poor people. Who confirmed that anybody has psychic ability? If someone was genuine in their claims then they would have nothing to lose and everything to gain by having their ability 'confirmed' under laboratory conditions.

Hmmmmm, all these so called 'Shysters' being debunked by an illusionist!:confused

Maybe it's more a case of the disbelievers and / or cynics grasping any old confirmation that upholds their cynicism? Much the same as you claim anyone who does believe in Spirit finds comfort in the readings of a psychic and is naiive enough or distraught enough to believe in something you just happen not to agree with.

scorrie
08-Jan-08, 20:41
Oh good grief, get a life. Whether or not the original topic of this thread is in the right part of the forum or not does not change the FACT that this thread is now off topic and Completely out of context of its original intention.

Never ceases to amuse me how people resort to such pettiness as to the amount of exclamation points used in a sentence in order to divert the subject away from their own obvious ignorance of a subject.
It's really rather amusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

If you are amused, why are you coming across as angry?

I have highly honed observational skills. Five exclamation marks is very telling information regarding a poster's state of mind. You can interpret much from analysing the WAY something is put across, in addition to the actual content. That is not petty, it is simply good analysis.
If only mediums stuck to such scientific methodology, instead of resorting to Witchdoctory!!

ps It is neither accurate nor polite to label people you know next to nothing about as being ignorant. Tut, tut.

scorrie
08-Jan-08, 20:55
I'd just like to say that bereavement counselling isn't for everyone.

The right kind of counselling, where you have a counsellor that has the time to listen to you and understand you as an individual can be such a wonderful help, but I do shudder a bit when I see bereavement counselling being mentioned as an obvious and automatic solution for everybody.

I cannot speak for others but I mentioned "appropriate counselling" and was suggesting it as the best way forward when compared to what was on offer in a "Spiritual Church".

Obviously, every person is different and there is not going to be a blueprint that fits everyone within a set timescale. I hope you gave the appropriate negative feedback to the proper channel after your bad experience.

There is obviously a limit to what can be offered to assist people who are grieving, as it is such a personal process. No person could be expected to understand the intimate relationship that existed between two others for many years, and with anything that involves a budget, time is a limiting factor.

I would still recommend counselling ahead of reaching for the Ouija board.

brandy
08-Jan-08, 21:14
just to play devils advocate.. *grins* i do like to watch john edwards.. and he always and i mean several times during the show.. says that mediumship is not grief councilling, and that if anyone is having issues and are not coping, to please please seek a qualified grief counciller, and in fact he has several on staff, to talk to people after the show, who have come desperate to reach out and hear one last time from someone that they just can not let go.
saying that, yes i do belive in the supernatural, seen to much with my own two eyes not to.
dont know what all is out there, i belive that life goes on after we leave this life.
at the end of the day we will know when we get there what comes next.
if some people want to belive in the ever after and mediums, then bless you and I hope that you find what you are searching for.
if you do not belive in it, and have a more analytical mind, bless you as well and i hope that you find what you are searching for.
we are all looking for the same things in life, we just take dif. roads to find it.
*smiles* and goes all hippy.. peace and love everyone!

linkside
08-Jan-08, 22:32
After reading all the comments posted, I felt that I should put my twopennyworth to the thread.
I am a firm believer in Mediumship (not the crystal balls, ouiji boards, frogs tails and blood, or any other type of silliness). Spiritualism comes into everyones life in one way or another.....whether it be you have placed something in a certain place to find that 10 minutes later it has moved slightly, or a voice saying don't do that. That I believe, is someone that is looking upon you from above.

Yes, I understand that each person has there own opinions regarding Spiritualism, but, some of the comments are unjust.

If anyone who has a comment to make about my post please PM me direct.

scorrie
09-Jan-08, 17:04
If anyone who has a comment to make about my post please PM me direct.

Why?

This is a public forum. If you don't want comments about your post to appear here then don't post in the first place.

A forum will not work very well if it is to be run on the basis of a public posting only being open to private replies.

ps Don't you just love it when you read:-

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion....BUT...."

As George Orwell might have put it:-

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion, BUT some are less entitled than others"

Feel free to reply here.

TBH
09-Jan-08, 17:38
Hmmmmm, all these so called 'Shysters' being debunked by an illusionist!:confused

Maybe it's more a case of the disbelievers and / or cynics grasping any old confirmation that upholds their cynicism? Much the same as you claim anyone who does believe in Spirit finds comfort in the readings of a psychic and is naiive enough or distraught enough to believe in something you just happen not to agree with.Who better to debunk a fraudster, remember the old saying, 'It takes a thief to catch a thief'?
I do not believe in such matters myself but personally I have nothing against people taking solace in a spiritual belief. The thing that would bother me greatly is if money was being made at the expense of someones grief.

Angela
09-Jan-08, 17:42
I cannot speak for others but I mentioned "appropriate counselling"

Obviously, every person is different and there is not going to be a blueprint that fits everyone within a set timescale. I hope you gave the appropriate negative feedback to the proper channel after your bad experience.

There is obviously a limit to what can be offered to assist people who are grieving, as it is such a personal process. No person could be expected to understand the intimate relationship that existed between two others for many years, and with anything that involves a budget, time is a limiting factor.

Well...exactly! I don't think we disagree there!

My point was really that not everyone is able to access "appropriate" counselling when they really need it -waiting lists can be very long -and you've no means of knowing how "appropriate" it's going to be until you get it. Money, and consequently the time allowed, certainly do limit what's available.

Sometimes folk need an element of comfort in times of grief that a counsellor too much focused on "moving on" just doesn't provide. Some of us do believe in an afterlife of one sort of another.

The first counsellor I saw recommended "pottery classes" to me as "a bit of fun" when I was falling apart. I didn't - I still don't - really know whether to laugh or to cry! :eek: :lol:

Margaret M.
09-Jan-08, 19:05
Why?

This is a public forum. If you don't want comments about your post to appear here then don't post in the first place.

A forum will not work very well if it is to be run on the basis of a public posting only being open to private replies.

ps Don't you just love it when you read:-

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion....BUT...."

As George Orwell might have put it:-

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion, BUT some are less entitled than others"

Feel free to reply here.

Well OK. I was going to PM you but I'll just reply here then.

Dear Scorrie, you crack me up!

rich
09-Jan-08, 19:12
Surely, by definition a circle is closed. If it is not closed it is not a circle. At least that's what Mr. Bruce taught me at the Miller Academy. Not that I was ever any use at math.....

botheed
09-Jan-08, 19:15
is this church like the masons and the eastern star or the ladies circle:eek:?

sweetpea
09-Jan-08, 19:19
I recently had a bereavement, my nana, who practically brought me up. When she was living she was a very spiritual person and probably instilled a lot of it in me.
We always said that when she passed away we would try and contact each other if we could.
I personally believe she is around me still and often things happen that make me chuckle and know that she is watching over me.
On the other hand I have been in touch with Cruise as well to get some proper perspective on my feelings. I'd just like to say that if you get comfort from your beliefs then what's so bad about that?
I'm not so naive that I believe everything I'm told but I've had some really uncanny experiences with spiritualism. I hope the spiritual evening goes well and hopefully if I can get to Thurso I will. Good Luck x

Woolie
09-Jan-08, 23:14
can you pls pm about this am very interested

porshiepoo
09-Jan-08, 23:44
If you are amused, why are you coming across as angry?

I have highly honed observational skills. Five exclamation marks is very telling information regarding a poster's state of mind. You can interpret much from analysing the WAY something is put across, in addition to the actual content. That is not petty, it is simply good analysis.
If only mediums stuck to such scientific methodology, instead of resorting to Witchdoctory!!

ps It is neither accurate nor polite to label people you know next to nothing about as being ignorant. Tut, tut.

Angry??? Moi???? Nope, never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Seriously though, don't try to read people you don't know by counting exclamation marks, it's seriously anal. :lol: Look, happy smiley face, surely that MUST mean I find this all amusing??:confused

scorrie
09-Jan-08, 23:56
Angry??? Moi???? Nope, never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Seriously though, don't try to read people you don't know by counting exclamation marks, it's seriously anal. :lol: Look, happy smiley face, surely that MUST mean I find this all amusing??:confused

My methods are very accurate. I can smell bull from a great distance away.

Coach
09-Jan-08, 23:59
Hi everyone, and those who are non-believers!

I have to say that I lost my mother just over year ago, my brother in May last year and my nephew in March last year.
I went to my local spiritualist church after a few months absence looking for some form of comfort. I got it!!!!!!
All 3 (mum, brother and nephew) came thru for me to let me know they were ok and my mum in particular who really suffered in her last few weeks of time on this side of life, was able to let me know she had done a lot of healing on the other side and was now keeping an eye on me. The medium concerned also provided evidence of all 3 to prove it was not made up by giving me information that they could not possibly have known.
It is very important and in many case more beneficial than anything a counsellor can do or say for you!
Good luck with the venture, I stay in Glasgow area but if ever I get to Caithness for a visit I will definitely make a visit and who knows maybe even bring my loved ones with me!

God Bless,

Andy

Fran
10-Jan-08, 03:27
So pleased you got messages from your loved ones andy, it must have been such a comfort to you. I have been to a couple of spiritualist meetings and not too sure about them. Went last month to one in thurso with himselfs sister, hoping we may have got a message from himself as he did say he would make contact if it was possible after his death. I will certainly go to another one, i live in hope, and it is harmless. if it gives comfort to the bereaved then i think it is a good thing.

porshiepoo
10-Jan-08, 09:09
My methods are very accurate. I can smell bull from a great distance away.

Shame it doesn't stop you writing it though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach, I'm pleased for you that you found some comfort in what you received.

paris
10-Jan-08, 10:05
So pleased you got messages from your loved ones andy, it must have been such a comfort to you. I have been to a couple of spiritualist meetings and not too sure about them. Went last month to one in thurso with himselfs sister, hoping we may have got a message from himself as he did say he would make contact if it was possible after his death. I will certainly go to another one, i live in hope, and it is harmless. if it gives comfort to the bereaved then i think it is a good thing.
Hi Fran
When our loved ones pass over and have been extremely ill on this side it takes a while for them to adjust to the other side. When people go to spiritualists meetings soon after a death they automatically think they will get a message, it doesn't work like that. There is always someone in need of a message more than yourself, think along those lines and you WILL receive. I had to wait years when both my parents died to hear from them. I was just a teenager and needed a mum about. I got on with family life then became a spiritualist and have never looked back. Before i even got my message there were signs that they were about but i just didn't recognize them. jan x

Coach
10-Jan-08, 18:00
Paris

Could not agree more.

Fran

I can fully understand how you long for some sort of contact. My aunt passed over in 1996 on new years day, and I had to wait anxiously for a massive 11 years before any contact and all I could do was cry yet I was so happy to hear from her. I was very close to her and I just automatically thought I would hear next time I went to meetings. It took a long time in coming but she sure made up for those 11 long years.

I guess the main message here is be patient and you will get a message.

I am lucky in as much that I have got a few spiritualist friends around me who have informed me that I have a spirit of young girl in my house - never seen her but I know she is there - particularly at xmas time when she plays with the xmas lights! I asked at the church about this and they simply told me to speak to her, which to be honest I first thought was a bit loopy, until I did do it, strange as it sounds, and yep' those lights came back on any time I wished! A couple other things have happened which are strange but I am well used to it now and where I was admittedly frightened at first I am now quite content with her presence. Still have absolutely no idea what her connection is to me or the house though. I realise some would regard this as scary but I now find this very comforting and feel quite privileged that a spirit is happy to be around me. As the mediums said, if she was not happy then she would not be there! peacefully at least.

Andy :roll:

Fran
12-Jan-08, 03:08
so what do you all think happens to us after death? Do we just stay in our grave, is there heaven, is there a spirit world, do we go somewhere else? It is something I have often wondered about over the years but never asked about?

Metalattakk
12-Jan-08, 03:20
so what do you all think happens to us after death? Do we just stay in our grave, is there heaven, is there a spirit world, do we go somewhere else? It is something I have often wondered about over the years but never asked about?

No one knows. No one can possibly know.

What's more important is making the most of your time here on Earth, in a scenario you know for a fact exists and that you have some, however small, control over.

aljacan
13-Jan-08, 16:58
Hello to you all.

Hi can you tell me where this will be held and when..

Fran
13-Jan-08, 18:31

Thursday 24th January 7pm in Janet street club,thurso with a visiting medium, £4. Its on "Whats on in Caithness".

Boozeburglar
13-Jan-08, 20:47
I see that it is £4.

So you pay up front. They have a lot of confidence in their abilities.

The medium also does past life regression.

Is there anything she does not do?

hotrod4
13-Jan-08, 22:26
There is possibly "good" mediums and Charlatans.
I am still on the fence as regards do I believe or not.
If it helps people get over the loss of a loved one and helps them find some peace then that cant be wrong can it?
I suppose in Mediums as all walks of life there is good and bad.
The only "other side" I have ever encountered plays in green and white and they smell funny ;)

TBH
13-Jan-08, 22:32
There is possibly "good" mediums and Charlatans.
I am still on the fence as regards do I believe or not.
If it helps people get over the loss of a loved one and helps them find some peace then that cant be wrong can it?
I suppose in Mediums as all walks of life there is good and bad.
The only "other side" I have ever encountered plays in green and white and they smell funny ;)Let them do it at no charge then.

hotrod4
13-Jan-08, 22:55
Let them do it at no charge then.

I would totally agree with that,dont see why anyone should make a profit out of someones loss. If a Spiritualist genuinely feel compassion for someone then they can prove their faith by not charging people.

As i said I am on the fence dont have any particular persuasion any way on spiritualism.

white arrow
13-Jan-08, 23:20
The only reason we are charging is because of expenses ie hire of the hall and medium's expenses. It is not a profit making group

Love and Light

ps.
Thankyou Fran for replying to the question regarding where and when the meeting is.

TBH
14-Jan-08, 04:03
The only reason we are charging is because of expenses ie hire of the hall and medium's expenses. It is not a profit making group

Love and Light
Seriously white arrow, my comment was not directed at you personally, you have already stated your good intentions.
I am just reiterating my own personal feelings that money for profit should not be made exploiting the emotions of people that are going through a bereavement.

bky
15-Jan-08, 08:44
Originally Posted by aljacan http://forum.caithness.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=322998#post322998)

Thursday 24th January 7pm in Janet street club,thurso with a visiting medium, £4. Its on "Whats on in Caithness".

There will be plenty of "spirits" there then
ps that would be The Thurso Club

weestraw
15-Jan-08, 17:49
I really have my doubts about this, as far as i can see it is a form of profiteering. If there was a genuine chance of "contact" surely the mediums would do it for compassion not money??

There will be plenty of "spirits" there then
ps that would be The Thurso Club

Lol bky, Also if there is going to be a meeting it would probably help they got the place name right.

Fran
19-Jan-08, 04:17
so, how many of you are going to this meeting on thursday night? I beleive the medium is quite well known.

connieb19
19-Jan-08, 12:11
Why is it being called a spiritual Church and not just a meeting? Is it going to be a regular thing?

sadam
19-Jan-08, 13:24
Firstly, So Stop making a big song and dance over something soTrivial. What would you call it? suggest something if you can. It is messages from the spirits and there is a prayer at the start and end. You say prayers in a church dont you? Hence Spiritual Church. And if you were providing a service to anyone would you do it Free? I doubt it, the money at the door wil go towards the medium travelling from where ever,this can be down south maybe even England, they need food and accomidation when here, then as was said before the hire of the place. Surely it doesnt take much to work that out and if folk want to come they do and find it very good and if you dont want to Pay for it then Stay away. Easy.

connieb19
19-Jan-08, 13:33
Firstly, So Stop making a big song and dance over something soTrivial. What would you call it? suggest something if you can. It is messages from the spirits and there is a prayer at the start and end. You say prayers in a church dont you? Hence Spiritual Church. And if you were providing a service to anyone would you do it Free? I doubt it, the money at the door wil go towards the medium travelling from where ever,this can be down south maybe even England, they need food and accomidation when here, then as was said before the hire of the place. Surely it doesnt take much to work that out and if folk want to come they do and find it very good and if you dont want to Pay for it then Stay away. Easy.Excuse me!!!! I only asked why it was called a church and not a meeting. It was a genuine question, hardly a song and a dance! I didn't know it had prayers at the start and the end. I was going to go, I didn't have a problem with the entry fee either but I'll give it a miss now. Thanks very much.

Oh aye, I'd have called it a spiritual evening or spiritual night, unless it's a regular thing. Hence the reason I asked the question.

sadam
19-Jan-08, 13:42
This was not aimed personally at you connieb, it was meant to all the comment to all the doubting thomas's, ps by the way I do like the name spiritual evening.

bod1403
19-Jan-08, 14:35

It matters if people are being exploited, regardless of whether or not it is for financial gain.

The possibility that a good deal of what goes on in the Spiritualist Church is contrived takes nothing away from the comfort of communicating with your loved ones in the spiritual realm. There is no need to consult a Charlatan to achieve that communication.

Oh! yes, going to the doc to get referred to a bereavement counsellor, great idea if the bereaved can wait months for the said person to get in touch with them. Friend STILL waiting after many months!!!

whitechina
21-Jan-08, 11:32
So Boozeburglar ,do you provide your services free or do you charge?

Boozeburglar
21-Jan-08, 20:05
When I was working in that area I was working solely for NHS trusts, salaried, and on a free basis with Terence Higgins, voluntary, as well as a few other charities.

TBH
22-Jan-08, 03:25
So Boozeburglar ,do you provide your services free or do you charge?If he is a qualified bereavement councellor then why shouldn't he get paid. I have nothing against a fortune teller working from home or even visiting someone to give them a reading and asking for payment. The thing is that if this spiritual church is being organised on a big scale and profiting from peoples misery then that is a different matter altogether. I take it they will only be dealing with people trying to contact a deceased loved one? Do churches ask you to pay at the door for the services of the minister?

Fran
22-Jan-08, 16:43
They are not really profiting from peoples misery are they, people dont have to go, no one is forcing them, they go if they want to. the organisers have to cover their costs.
You pay in an ordinary church when the collection pleate comes round.

TBH
23-Jan-08, 00:18
They are not really profiting from peoples misery are they, people dont have to go, no one is forcing them, they go if they want to. the organisers have to cover their costs.
You pay in an ordinary church when the collection pleate comes round.That is the beauty of it Fran, no one is forcing them to go other that their need to contact their recently departed which in my experience is a deep rooted heart-wrenching desire which cannot be easily suppressed and those fake mediums know this very well. Churches have their collection plates for collections but these are donations and not monies collected as you come through the door, note the difference.

Andrew C
23-Jan-08, 01:05
This has been an interesting thread. Spiritualism in general is something that as a Christian I couldn't endorse. It is something that is forbidden in the bible. As some of you may be able to testify, in some cases there is knowledge coming from somewhere. The belief of Christians is that it will be satanic in origin.

You may, or may not know that the bible teaches that when a person dies, the person....well, dies. The bible teaches that all who have died are waiting, like the rest of us, for the resurrection and then the judgement. That might make some people seem a long time dead to you and me, but we have the limitations of time.

I can understand why people would want to somehow contact their loved ones, have their advice, or have some other sort of message. But if you think about it, you can probably hear your granny's opinion on your new boyfriend without going to a spiritualist!

Thats my tuppence for what its worth. Can I just add though, although I don't believe in spiritualism, and would strongly discourage it, I firmly believe in people's right to express their opinions about it either way.

TBH
23-Jan-08, 01:08
This has been an interesting thread. Spiritualism in general is something that as a Christian I couldn't endorse. It is something that is forbidden in the bible. As some of you may be able to testify, in some cases there is knowledge coming from somewhere. The belief of Christians is that it will be satanic in origin.

You may, or may not know that the bible teaches that when a person dies, the person....well, dies. The bible teaches that all who have died are waiting, like the rest of us, for the resurrection and then the judgement. That might make some people seem a long time dead to you and me, but we have the limitations of time.

I can understand why people would want to somehow contact their loved ones, have their advice, or have some other sort of message. But if you think about it, you can probably hear your granny's opinion on your new boyfriend without going to a spiritualist!

Thats my tuppence for what its worth. Can I just add though, although I don't believe in spiritualism, and would strongly discourage it, I firmly believe in people's right to express their opinions about it either way.IMHO I don't see spiritualism as being connected to clairvoyance in any way. Different concepts.

Andrew C
23-Jan-08, 01:10
IMHO I don't see spiritualism as being connected to clairvoyance in any way. Different concepts.

In what ways are they different?

TBH
23-Jan-08, 01:14
In what ways are they different?Spiritual events are outside the senses and are are overwhelmingly masculine; psychic events are sensual and are essentially feminine. When a woman is talking about "spirituality", she is almost always referring to psychic phenomena.

Andrew C
23-Jan-08, 01:43
Spiritual events are outside the senses and are are overwhelmingly masculine; psychic events are sensual and are essentially feminine. When a woman is talking about "spirituality", she is almost always referring to psychic phenomena.

Interesting. My argument stands.

grumpy1
24-Jan-08, 17:51
i was fair delighted to hear this.. i have waited a long time for someone to set this up...good luck with this..i will be there..

anneoctober
24-Jan-08, 23:01
Welcome to the Org grumpy1 ! Were you there this evening?;)

Buttercup
24-Jan-08, 23:54
Does anyone know how things went tonight? Was there a good turnout?

Whitewater
24-Jan-08, 23:55
I began reading this thread and wondered when Andrew C would comment, and I must add that I respect Andrew C, his beliefs and idealism. I myself have no commitment one way or the other on the issue of Spiritualism.

I have, in the past been aware of too many fakes in this field, all taking advantage and preying on the grief of others. Unfortunately when you loose somebody very close you do not want to let them go and the hurt can be so deep that some of us try to reach them again. I can understand that, none of us know what happens after death. Andrew C tells us about judgement day, that is the Christian way. The Hindu believe in a cycle of birth, death and rebirth governed by karma. Other religions all have their individual beliefs. Who is to say which is right or wrong?

In my own experience of life, whenever I have had to face a moral problem (or any other serious problem) I always ask the opinion of my father, mother or eldest sister. They are all dead and have been for many years, (you probably all think I'm mad). But I just wonder what they would have said in a similar situation, and because I knew them well and the way they lived and governed their lives, I know what they would have thought in a similar situation. I get my answer from this. But it is not spiritualism, it is simply the result of having a good close family upbringing. I'm sure many more of you have received your answers in this way.

I have never felt that I needed to get in touch via the spiritual world. The people I loved have always been there, engrained in my mind, never to be forgotten.

Having said that, if any one of you beleive that spiritualism helps you, go for it, there is nothing wrong with anything (except drink or drugs) that gives you comfort and can take you through your dark days.

anneoctober
25-Jan-08, 00:05
Does anyone know how things went tonight? Was there a good turnout?
There was good turn out , amazingly so with the rotten weather :roll: at a rough count I'd say 70 people. My friends and myself found it very interesting and will be going again next month.

Buttercup
25-Jan-08, 00:07
Thanks Anne, when's it on again and is it in the same place?

anneoctober
25-Jan-08, 00:14
Thanks Anne, when's it on again and is it in the same place?
Thursday 28th Feb, same time, same place ! Doors opened at 6.30pm tonight and there was about 20 or so in already!! Natalie is their next guest.:)

Buttercup
25-Jan-08, 00:17
Will try and make it then. What like was the guest?

anneoctober
25-Jan-08, 00:21
Will try and make it then. What like was the guest?
Anne Rose is orginally from gairloch with a definite Ross-shire accent :D. She was quietly spoken, middle aged medium. We did n't get a message , but those who did were shocked but impressed with what she had to say to them.:)

Buttercup
25-Jan-08, 00:30
That's good to know. I'm a bit clueless about these things but do like to keep an open mind. When I heard there was a Spiritualist Evening, I thought "Great, I'm going" but then when it was being called a "church" that sort of put me off a wee bit (don't ask me why, I'm not sure myself:confused). What actually happens? ~ apart from the medium I mean.

anneoctober
25-Jan-08, 00:37
That's good to know. I'm a bit clueless about these things but do like to keep an open mind. When I heard there was a Spiritualist Evening, I thought "Great, I'm going" but then when it was being called a "church" that sort of put me off a wee bit (don't ask me why, I'm not sure myself:confused). What actually happens? ~ apart from the medium I mean.
I did n't know what to think myself buttercup, but apart from a prayer to start and end the evening, nothing "churchy" transpired. Anne was drawn to people in the audience, rather like Colin Fry, she also emphasised to listen to what she was saying and NOT to make the info fit if it did n't make sense. Overall, I liked her warmth and friendliness. Next time just put your coat on and go !!:lol:

Buttercup
25-Jan-08, 00:41
Thanks again Anne, I am hoping to make it next time round, fingers crossed.:lol:

Fran
25-Jan-08, 02:22
I wasnt very impressed tonight with the medium, i think Natalie was better. I thought the 2 songs, spireit in the sky and happiness by ken dodd were a bit of a waste of time and they kept looking at their watches. I was home by 9.30pm in wick after calling at watten en route so i think they finished a bit early. Not so many "messages" as last time. I think they could do with a bigger place to hold these meetings, i counted 66 people there.

Metalattakk
25-Jan-08, 03:56
Can I ask a question of those that attended? How many men were in the audience, out of the 66 reported?

(I'll keep my views on the Church Of Norman Greenbaum and Ken Dodd on the back-burner for now, it's just that the "women = believers / men = disbelievers" debate interests me somewhat.)

Thanks in advance.

JAWS
25-Jan-08, 05:27
I fail to see any relevance to asking the number of men who were there? Is there some suggestion that the number of men present gives some indication of how seriously something should be treated or how believable it is?

robglysen
25-Jan-08, 08:31
Well, I was at the meeting last night, it was 4 quid to get in, I imagine it was for hire of the room and the mediums expenses as she'd driven quite a distance.
And it was very enjoyable and verp positive and the medium was pretty awesome. It's reassuring that we do go to 'a better place' and lose all our earthy disabilities and illnesses we had.

I feel its the only religeon to have genuinely proven itself to me time and time again. And i'm happy.

I wonder if some who opened a mosque would face a similar attitude.

Metalattakk
25-Jan-08, 11:22
I fail to see any relevance to asking the number of men who were there? Is there some suggestion that the number of men present gives some indication of how seriously something should be treated or how believable it is?

Nope. I have a belief that this clairvoyancy business is purely a concern of women, and that a minute percentage of men show any interest, and I am at a loss as to the reasons why.

Now if you'd like to contribute for a change instead of trying to start a fight, then please do so.

TBH
25-Jan-08, 12:04
Well, I was at the meeting last night, it was 4 quid to get in, I imagine it was for hire of the room and the mediums expenses as she'd driven quite a distance.
And it was very enjoyable and verp positive and the medium was pretty awesome. It's reassuring that we do go to 'a better place' and lose all our earthy disabilities and illnesses we had.

I feel its the only religeon to have genuinely proven itself to me time and time again. And i'm happy.

I wonder if some who opened a mosque would face a similar attitude.What have psychics got to do with religion?

Highland Laddie
25-Jan-08, 12:12
Personally, I think that people that go to these meetings hear what they want to hear,
if it helps comfort someone after bereavement, then I see no harm in it.

robglysen
25-Jan-08, 17:38
What have psychics got to do with religion?

I used to attend a spiritualist church in buxton, run by the National spiritualist union. Spiritualism is a religion.

Last nights meet was set up by a new spiritualist movement in caithness I believe.

It is the belief of the continued eternal existence of the human soul.

A religion of one is just as valid as a religion of one million.

Failing to respect the faith of others causes wars on this planet, its a sad thing.

freepress
25-Jan-08, 18:01
Church or Sanctuary?

Last nights Church had the most Spirits I have ever seen in a Spiritual Church.
Gin, Vodka, beer, whiskey, and my own favorite Dark Rum & Coke.
Though I dont since 1st. jan 2008, drink alchol or indeed Coke for health reasons.

My partner Ann Rose was not at her best last night. We both have the flu and had driven up from Conon Bridge. No excuses ..... I am recked today.
Perhaps the Dounraey glowing air will have done us good.........:>)

People were chattering during the music [ my personal choice in music is Classical] though Spiritual Sancturies play ALL sorts from heavy rock to Christian.
The music is played so as to give a period of QUIET reflection before or during the service.

I appreciant that most people had not been to such an event and were understandibly nervous. No need - If I saw a goast I would be scared so much I would do ploppy in my pants, no less.

I believe Ann of Conon Bridge, is going to join this forum to answer any questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#
Sorry being a newbie here I didnt know what was allowed.
dave

freepress
25-Jan-08, 18:26
P.S. It perhaps wasnt clear - I am not a Medium of Healer.

just "normal" - allegedly :>)

Boozeburglar
25-Jan-08, 18:33
Perhaps her own web page would be a good place for a question/answer message board?

freepress
25-Jan-08, 20:16
Ann is soo busy healing people [and attending to my needs]
for setting up a Forum.

Nice idea though.

Boozeburglar
25-Jan-08, 20:49
http://www.scota.org/1awebsite.htm

Perhaps you could help out?

It takes literally five minutes to add a message board to a site.

Surely this would economise on the effort required to visit various community forums/etc. to advertise your business?

freepress
25-Jan-08, 22:17
Boozeburglar your a busy entity when your not
Boozin and burglarin..........

freepress
25-Jan-08, 22:26
QUOTE:
"Surely this would economise on the effort required to visit various community forums/etc. to advertise your business?"

Boozeburglar, my good lady, twas YOU
who took the effort to find my site.
Search it, post a URL of mine, advertise my page.

Boozeburglar, I freely show, in my Profile, Who and What I am.
You, Boozeburglar, hide who you are.

Boozeburglar
25-Jan-08, 23:36
QUOTE:
"Surely this would economise on the effort required to visit various community forums/etc. to advertise your business?"

Boozeburglar, my good lady, twas YOU
who took the effort to find my site.
Search it, post a URL of mine, advertise my page.

Boozeburglar, I freely show, in my Profile, Who and What I am.
You, Boozeburglar, hide who you are.

I don't actively hide my identity; it is know to a number of the mods and other posters on the site. Anyone who needs to know it can PM me.

...and what has that got to do with it?

I looked at your site weeks ago. Today you decided to suggest it was some kind of difficulty for you to provide your other half with the option for a question and answer session on her site. For a person who offers web site building services that was, I would say, a bit of obfuscation.

What if everyone promoting paid for services decided to run question and answer sessions on this site? Are we to have local garages answering queries about their latest special offers from their sales staff? Double glazing anyone? Insurance? ...

northener
25-Jan-08, 23:54

I wonder if some who opened a mosque would face a similar attitude.

Just a small point.

If some members of the Islamic faith decided to open a Mosque or hold prayer meetings - they wouldn't charge £4 entrance fee.

£4 x 66 punters = £264.
Travelling expenses @ £0.30 per mile x 210 mile round trip= £63.00
How much was the hire of the hall?

bobandag16
26-Jan-08, 00:40

we are always in touch the voice is always there . do you hear the wind, be kind . dont do that . that is after two years.

freepress
26-Jan-08, 03:00
Just a small point.

If some members of the Islamic faith decided to open a Mosque or hold prayer meetings - they wouldn't charge £4 entrance fee.
£4 x 66 punters = £264.
Travelling expenses @ £0.30 per mile x 210 mile round trip= £63.00
How much was the hire of the hall?

Hi Northernerner,

Google maps
108 mi – about 2 hours 35 mins up the road
108 mi – about 2 hours 35 mins doon the road >>>
IN VERY VERY VERY BAD WEATHER CONDITIONS

= 5 hours 10 mins. [TWO peoples time 10 hours 20mins}

5 Hours @ £ 25 per hour for Ann [ I gladly donated my driving and general dogsbody skills for nothing. My Daily Rate as a photographer is £345 ]

ADVERTISING ? I dont know.

>>> How much was the hire of the hall? I dont know.

northener are you suggesting that Ann or indeed any genuine Spiritualist is making money at this?

A mediumship evening here in the rich southern provences is usually £ 5.

northener, If Ann really wanted to make serious CA$H I am sure she would wa$h your car for you.

freepress
26-Jan-08, 03:03
Just a small point.

I just looked at your Profile and it says:
"
Biography:I come from the Planet Yorkshire, in peace,
with the secret of Eternal Life."So you are a Spiritualist but dont like paying for it.

Metalattakk
26-Jan-08, 03:18
northener are you suggesting that <snip> any genuine Spiritualist is making money at this?

No, I don't think he is suggesting that at all. Exactly the opposite in fact.

freepress
26-Jan-08, 03:23
BTW Love this forum.

He/She seems overtly concerned with hard ca$h.

Most, perhaps all, Spritualists I know have a healty disdain for materialism.

Metalattakk
26-Jan-08, 03:29
So you say.

In my opinion they are all charlatans, out to fleece the weak and grieving of their hard earned cash, causing untold damage to the vulnerable.

We all have our own opinion, and yours is tainted with a certain bias, I would suggest.

Boozeburglar
26-Jan-08, 03:43
BTW Love this forum.

He/She seems overtly concerned with hard ca$h.

Most, perhaps all, Spritualists I know have a healty disdain for materialism.

Sure,

They disdain it all the way to the bank...

freepress
26-Jan-08, 03:50
Boozeburglar it is 02:43 a.m.

I expectherefore like myself you have no need of sleep as one dosnt have gainfull employment.

I imaging burglarasing takes place in the wee small hours.
I am in the market for a:
KDL-32D3000

32" HD Ready D3000 BRAVIA LCD TV with BRAVIA Engine for stunning picture quality, Motionflow 100Hz for greater smoothness of fast-moving images and 3 HDMI inputs to easily connect to High Definition sources such as Blu-Ray

Metalattakk
26-Jan-08, 03:52
You're just making a fool of yourself now, freepress.

freepress
26-Jan-08, 04:12
You're just making a fool of yourself now, freepress.

I am an expert, you are but a beginner.

Metalattakk
26-Jan-08, 04:36
That is taken as obvious, I suspect.

bekisman
26-Jan-08, 17:45
Freepress: "Ann Rose has just phoned me and taken me to task for being a tad abrupt with some of the less sophisticated."
- what's that supposed to mean?

Torvaig
26-Jan-08, 18:13
Freepress: "Ann Rose has just phoned me and taken me to task for being a tad abrupt with some of the less sophisticated."

It means "For goodness sake shut it and stop embarrassing me!":lol:
or "Go canny on the yokels".;) Methinks it is the former......

Yoda the flump
26-Jan-08, 18:57

We have a troll.

anneoctober
26-Jan-08, 20:28
It means "For goodness sake shut it and stop embarrassing me!":lol:
or "Go canny on the yokels"Methinks it is the former......
Torvaig....You read my mind! I also think it is the former[lol]

northener
26-Jan-08, 23:56
I just looked at your Profile and it says:
"
Biography:I come from the Planet Yorkshire, in peace,
with the secret of Eternal Life."So you are a Spiritualist but dont like paying for it.

Nope, I sell a magic elixir to the gullible.

Torvaig
27-Jan-08, 00:24
Nope, I sell a magic elixir to the gullible.

How much is it per bottle and do you deliver....

Moira
27-Jan-08, 00:38

Thanks Torvaig. Apart from anything else I would prefer it at least free-range, if not organic.

northener
27-Jan-08, 00:39

Discount for illustrious Orgers such as yourself and I'll chuck in a free 'absolution from sin' remedy.

WeeBurd
27-Jan-08, 01:09
Discount for illustrious Orgers such as yourself and I'll chuck in a free 'absolution from sin' remedy.

Do any of your products include an integral troll repellant of sorts? [lol]

unicorn
27-Jan-08, 01:15
I think trolls are like the bogeyman if you ignore them they go away eventually :lol:

Torvaig
27-Jan-08, 02:02
It worked! Hooray...........:lol:

Torvaig
27-Jan-08, 02:05

For goodness sake keep a hold of that recipe; we're depending on you! :lol:

Boozeburglar
02-Mar-08, 00:32
...and I wonder if perhaps they have been reincarnated!

JamesMcVean
18-Mar-08, 21:55
I remember a while back there was talk of a Spiritualist Church opening in the county...anyone know how they got on?

Metalattakk
18-Mar-08, 22:55
Aye, they ended up debunked as the charlatans they are in this thread.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=41590 (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=41590)

Only the keenest (and most short-sighted) of their 'followers' bothered to respond to the accusations of cold-reading and still we have no idea what they do with the money raised.

All in all, a very shonky venture.

You were right the first time - this group has nothing to do with spirituality at all.

JamesMcVean
18-Mar-08, 22:57
Hey Metaldude

You going to see hayseed this W/End?

Metalattakk
18-Mar-08, 23:00
Sorry mate, no can do. Didna like them much the last time, to be honest. Sure you'll be going though, eh?

Anyway, back on topic - give that thread a read. Entertaining stuff at times. :D

JamesMcVean
19-Mar-08, 00:49
I agree with You metaldude

These spiritualists have been exposed before LOL:lol:

Like the sickening guy Acorah on Most Haunted - He was set up bonny and caught in a trap...the Baloon!:Razz

The two terms just dont mix in my book...Spritualist and Church! Nahhh

The Spiritual thing is a personal thing...internal...not organised or imposed like a church...

Metalattakk
19-Mar-08, 00:52
The Spiritual thing is a personal thing...internal...not organised or imposed or charged good money for like an organised business...

Fixed your typos, Jamesey-boy. ;)

Fran
10-Apr-08, 04:15
Whats happened to the recently formed spiritualist church? There doesnt seem to be any more meetings in the pipeline, have they gone away.

johnlc
10-Apr-08, 07:59
Hi fran ros has got 1 lined up for the end of may,more details to come on where and what time.:)

linkside
10-Apr-08, 08:02
Hi, its in "whats on", at the Scrabster hall again the 24th April and Tommy Goodwin from Inverness is the visitor.

ExoticQueen
16-Apr-08, 19:02
hi looking forward to next week have been too the 4 hour course last moth it was so liberatiny to be able to learn what i have learned,so am all for more meetings,see you all there who are going, god bless and may the white spirit protect you and surround you.:)

golach
17-Apr-08, 19:55
Glad I am not the only sceptic, thank goodness some are showing concern

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7351199.stm

TBH
18-Apr-08, 00:44
hi looking forward to next week have been too the 4 hour course last moth it was so liberatiny to be able to learn what i have learned,so am all for more meetings,see you all there who are going, god bless and may the white spirit protect you and surround you.:)Can I borrow some to clean my paint brushes?

Glad I am not the only sceptic, thank goodness some are showing concern

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7351199.stm (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7351199.stm)I think I scared them off in another thread with that story.[lol]

sue
08-Aug-10, 21:44
could u please tell me if there is a spiritualist church in thurso or wick?

many thanks sue