PDA

View Full Version : Back Again

Bill Fernie
15-Apr-03, 14:23
Hi folks
Just checking that everything is up and running.
Let the arguments, debates etc re-commence
cheers

Anonymous
15-Apr-03, 18:23
About time too! I think I was having withdrawl symptoms

golach
15-Apr-03, 19:38
Bill & Niall a great big well done till the both of you, my wife also sends her thanks as she does not have a grouch sitting growling at the TV and asking awkward questions in the middle of her favourite soaps
from a very happy Golach :lol: [lol] :D :Razz :p

htwood
15-Apr-03, 20:38
Bill, Niall and Colin, thanks for your work on this. So nice to have it upgraded to new server. Thanks, H

Anonymous
16-Apr-03, 09:52
I'm sure Colin will be chuffed to hear that his mental projection from South America worked a treat. We dont even have to tell him there is a problem and he can fix it with his mind. :roll:

Bill Fernie
16-Apr-03, 14:35
I have to hand all the plaudits to Niall for fixing things. My contribution was confined to emails and phone calls of encouragement and pointing out things he usually already knew.

Geo
16-Apr-03, 16:24
Why did it take so long?

Just curious

Bill Fernie
16-Apr-03, 16:36
Most of the problems were at the level above us. The company we use had to fix over 3000 domains and Caithness.org was only one of them. Apart from setting up new servers there were many things that had to be rebuilt. The guys doing that have hardly been home since Thursday last week staying day and night at it. Niall was able to go in and fix our problems as they fixed items at the other end. There are still a few problems around but they should not affect the users of the web site now.
Just a pity its not as easy as flicking a switch.
Stress levels returning to near normal here...............

Geo
16-Apr-03, 16:53
Put your feet up and have a pint.

:D

Kenn
17-Apr-03, 01:49
Once again thankyou to the WEBMASTERS of Caithness..Corr will have to hand 'em a pointy hat with a star on the top if they keep this up! :lol: Might even have to think about taking passengers on' me broom [lol] To Niall . Bill an' Colin thanks mates yer efforts are appreciated here.