PDA

View Full Version : pets for experimentation

nanoo
06-Jan-08, 14:45
Hi animal lovers, did any of you see in todays paper, an internet website has been set up, in the last 2 weeks(American) offering to buy unwanted pets? this website according to the paper is called:- I Buy Strays or IBS. Anyway, this loathsome guy will pay you 7.50 for a cat and as much as 25.00 for a big dog. He does'nt hide the fact that he then sells them on to animal experimentation laboritories for a PROFIT. This is a legitimate business and within the law in the states, as they can go out and round up strays and sell them on. As long as the animal has been discarded by their owners, they can do this. Now i think the monster is getting greedy and he has opened this website, i might just add that he has had a good response here in Britain as well. One nice person has offered him a litter of 10 pitbull/labrador cross puppies. Can the law here not do anything about this disgusting new trade in innocent animals. This imbocile justifies himself by saying that animals in pounds that are not rehomed get destroyed anyway. HE dares to compare an animal being put to sleep, with an animal living in torture in a laboritory. DISGUSTING. DISGUSTING. DISGUSTING. [evil][evil]

nanoo
06-Jan-08, 14:50
http://www.ibuystrays.com/ This is the address if you want a liik at it.

neepnipper
06-Jan-08, 16:15
I feel physically sick after reading that, calling an animal a 'product', disgraceful, horrible man.

Encouraging people to earn money by selling their pets like this is just awful, maybe a petition or something could be started to get this idiots website closed down.

Liz
06-Jan-08, 19:10
Afraid I couldn't even check out this website.

Sadly animal experimentation goes on behind closed doors every day in this country.
It's just that this loathsome creature is making a profit from these animals torture!

There are animals bred in this country for experimentation and primates are shipped in.
I just found out from BUAV(British Union for the Abolition of Vivisection)that health products such as Yakult are tested on animals!!!:eek:
Another good charity is the Humane Research Trust who carry out research without the use of animals.

Please support them and BUAV as they are actively campaigning to stop this torture.

cuddlepop
06-Jan-08, 19:37
Its just disgusting how some people think that this is the right way to behave.
I'm like Liz in that I couldn't even log onto the web site.:(

Metalattakk
07-Jan-08, 00:06
http://blog.peta.org/archives/2008/01/ibuystrayscom_1.php

It's a hoax site, folks. More info here:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/ibuystrays.asp

Liz
07-Jan-08, 00:17
Glad it is a hoax but,sadly, animal experimentation is all to real.

neepnipper
07-Jan-08, 09:02
Thank goodness for that, can't decide whether it's been set up by some sicko who thinks it's funny or by someone trying to draw attention to animals being used in experiments.

nanoo
07-Jan-08, 13:15
I'm so glad this article i read yesterday turned out to be a hoax(and a very sick one at that) The lengths some people will go to never ceases to amaze me, just to get their kicks. It's such a pity sad individuals like this live among decent folks.:(

justine
07-Jan-08, 13:29
I'm so glad this article i read yesterday turned out to be a hoax(and a very sick one at that) The lengths some people will go to never ceases to amaze me, just to get their kicks. It's such a pity sad individuals like this live among decent folks.:(

maybe we should use these in experiments, and hopefully they might get an insight into what these animals go through, and all for what, Humans..Do we have the right to choose which animal dies for our own needs. Sad Sick and unfair.....[evil]

Jonna
19-Jan-08, 14:34
Paragraph Deleted by Moderator - Contains Swearword

Animals Are Not Our Possessions To Do With As We Please - Eat, Torture, Maim And Dissect. We Need To Get Real And Show Some Modicum Of Respect For Ourselves And Them.

neepnipper
19-Jan-08, 15:31
I don't think anyone who has posted on this thread sees it as funny.

justine
19-Jan-08, 16:08
Paragraph Deleted by Moderator - Contains Swearword

Animals Are Not Our Possessions To Do With As We Please - Eat, Torture, Maim And Dissect. We Need To Get Real And Show Some Modicum Of Respect For Ourselves And Them.

i see where you coming from with that statement.Everyone seemed to relax about it because it turned out to be a haox. Unfortunately it goes on and these poor animals suffer. I agree with neepnipper, no-one finds it funny but the attitude seemed to change when it was not real...

Jonna
19-Jan-08, 17:05
I believe Neepnipper missed my whole sentiment entirely, as ‘The Moderators’ decided to delete a whole paragraph of my feelings due to a well chosen expletive describing people of any kind, not merely these “pranksters”, but anyone who sees animals as anything other than another precious life and not some form of expendable commodity.

How very dare we presume that we (humans) can do anything other than enjoy other lives; no not thru’ KFC etc, but by our own development!

Have I ranted enough?!

neepnipper
19-Jan-08, 17:18
I agree with your sentiments entirely, just wanted to let you know that you are not alone!

porshiepoo
19-Jan-08, 19:15
Oh my god that made me feel sick. This is one tiny quote from this sicko's site

You can enjoy their wonderful puppy / kitten stage and then reap a cash reward for having grown such a fine specimen. Start over with a new kitten every six months! Win, Win, and Win!

My god, with that kind of cruel mentality about it's no wonder there is so much animal abuse about.
I cannot believe that this kind of abuse is so open and legal and the really sad thing is that there will be hundreds, thousands of people who will see the benefit of the quotation above and respond to it.
The guy needs experimenting on himself!!!!!!!! [evil][evil]

carasmam
19-Jan-08, 20:09
I believe Neepnipper missed my whole sentiment entirely, as ‘The Moderators’ decided to delete a whole paragraph of my feelings due to a well chosen expletive describing people of any kind, not merely these “pranksters”, but anyone who sees animals as anything other than another precious life and not some form of expendable commodity.

How very dare we presume that we (humans) can do anything other than enjoy other lives; no not thru’ KFC etc, but by our own development!

Have I ranted enough?!

Yeah you have ranted enough :Razz No-one here is condoning animal cruelty, it's not us you need to rant at I'm afraid :~(

Liz
19-Jan-08, 23:41
Think you are preaching to the converted Jonna!:confused

Aaldtimer
20-Jan-08, 04:21
Oh my god that made me feel sick. This is one tiny quote from this sicko's site

My god, with that kind of cruel mentality about it's no wonder there is so much animal abuse about.
I cannot believe that this kind of abuse is so open and legal and the really sad thing is that there will be hundreds, thousands of people who will see the benefit of the quotation above and respond to it.
The guy needs experimenting on himself!!!!!!!! [evil][evil]

Think you have missed a few postings on this thread Porshie!
IT'S A HOAX SITE!