PDA

View Full Version : missing rep?

Thumper
05-Jan-08, 23:11
Ok...own up...who pinched my last good rep?....It was there this morning but it has disappeared now :(...if you have seen it please let me know...my reputation is bad enough without losing more ;) x

starry
05-Jan-08, 23:15
Well I would think having a bad reputation would be much more fun ;)

Thumper
05-Jan-08, 23:16
LMAO.....thats very true Starry...but I want to know whos pinched it ;) x

laguna2
05-Jan-08, 23:17
Well it wisnae me!

starry
05-Jan-08, 23:19
And it wasn't me because I have checked and I am definitely not having fun.

Thumper
05-Jan-08, 23:33
shhhh..they will all steal our reps if they know we aint having fun....if your rep is too bad nobody wants to speak to you ;) [lol] x

laguna2
05-Jan-08, 23:35
I thought if your rep was too good no-one would speak to you!

Thumper
05-Jan-08, 23:38
[para]...fineline between being popular and being unpopular laguna!Its just getting the balance right ;)...If I keep getting reps going AWOL I will never get the balance right lol x

anneoctober
06-Jan-08, 01:05
Ok...own up...who pinched my last good rep?....It was there this morning but it has disappeared now .if you have seen it please let me know...my reputation is bad enough without losing more x
I'm shocked that someone would be so mean as to tarnish your rep Thumper.....:eek: It's NOT big and it's NOT funny.....give Thumper her rep back.......NOW ![mad]

starry
06-Jan-08, 01:11
I really don't understand the whole rep thing :confused

anneoctober
06-Jan-08, 01:19
I really don't understand the whole rep thing :confused
Hi starry ! It's when you read a comment or post that you think is well thought out OR you just happen to think is spot on or humourous and you give the poster a rep as a result. I think it's the "scales" icon on the blue bar of the post...hmmm I'd better check that!! :roll:

northener
06-Jan-08, 01:34
LMAO.....thats very true Starry...but I want to know whos pinched it ;) x

I'm really sorry Thumper, I was just walking past your burrow and there it was, just lying on the ground....

I'll give it back to you when I've finished with it.:D

starry
06-Jan-08, 01:37
Hi starry ! It's when you read a comment or post that you think is well thought out OR you just happen to think is spot on or humourous and you give the poster a rep as a result. I think it's the "scales" icon on the blue bar of the post...hmmm I'd better check that!! :roll:

Thanks Anne

Thumper
06-Jan-08, 12:28
I'm really sorry Thumper, I was just walking past your burrow and there it was, just lying on the ground....

I'll give it back to you when I've finished with it.

Northener, you should have popped in for a carrot juice :D you didnt happen to find my lost xmas presents while you were there did you?;) x

paris
06-Jan-08, 15:37
Have you found it yet Thumper ?? jan x

Thumper
06-Jan-08, 15:42
No jan...its definately gone :( its the weirdest thing ever!x

golach
06-Jan-08, 15:44
Ask the person that gave you it, they are the only ones who can ask the Admin to delete reputations

paris
06-Jan-08, 15:46
Demand it be returned ! can someone take a rep back if they change their mind about giving it in the first place ??? Maybe that's what happened. do you know who it was from? if so ask them to re rep for you . jan x

connieb19
06-Jan-08, 15:48
I've had this happen before, when the post you have been repped for has been removed the rep gets removed too.

paris
06-Jan-08, 15:49
Ask the person that gave you it, they are the only ones who can ask the Admin to delete reputations
You got there before me golach lol jan x

Thumper
06-Jan-08, 15:54
Oops...that explains it then...the thread has been removed...didnt know it had been!Dont even know why it has been :eek:...maybe I dont want to know why [lol] thanks for the help though Guys x

connieb19
06-Jan-08, 15:59
Hmm, it's funny you mention this thumper. My thread about finding the false teeth has gone, as well as the rep I received.
I wonder if someone could tell me why my posts are being removed? [evil]

angela5
06-Jan-08, 16:02
Hmm, it's funny you mention this thumper. My thread about finding the false teeth has gone, as well as the rep I received.

Wonder why someone decided to remove the false teeth thread.:eek:
The person who starts a thread should be given an explanation as to why it's been removed.

Thumper
06-Jan-08, 16:02
:eek: connie thats the one I lost rep points for....didnt know it had been removed or indeed why? x

angela5
06-Jan-08, 16:04
:eek: connie thats the one I lost rep points for....didnt know it had been removed or indeed why? x

I've just noticed the rep i received for a post on the false teeth thread is gone!

Thumper
06-Jan-08, 16:08
Lordy...someone loses their teeth and we lose our rep for it...connie dont return that teeth until we get our reps back...fairs ,fair [lol]...On the plusside it would be great to get bad reps removed! x

DeHaviLand
06-Jan-08, 16:25

This is the only forum that I subscribe to , where threads are routinely removed without explanation. On other forums, threads are locked but not deleted and a reason given by the moderators. Perhaps you just offended someones sensibilities Connie, or perhaps it was a senior moderators teeth?:D

paris
06-Jan-08, 16:29
Maybe someone hasn't got a sense of humor with regards to the teeth thread ! jan x

sam
06-Jan-08, 17:05
well maybe it all comes down to who's teeth connieb has got :eek::lol:

starry
06-Jan-08, 17:07
well maybe it all comes down to who's teeth connieb has got :eek::lol:

If someone called Gums registers the mystery will be solved - I wanted to put a wee winky face in here but too many smilies.

connieb19
06-Jan-08, 17:32
Like I've always said, it's the posters not the posts that are moderated on this forum. [evil]

Billy Boy
06-Jan-08, 17:52
when my post's disappear they tend to get replaced with infractions :eek: i wonder if this one will disappear [para]

northener
06-Jan-08, 17:59
when my post's disappear they tend to get replaced with infractions i wonder if this one will disappear

And if you post a query asking why you haven't had an explanation regarding reasons for removal of posts - you get an infraction......[disgust]

Metalattakk
06-Jan-08, 18:12
It has to be said, it's a shocking way to run the moderation of a message board.

Where is the transparency? Where are the public explanations of thread closures or post removals?

Why are they scared to tell us?

Billy Boy
06-Jan-08, 18:14
And if you post a query asking why you haven't had an explanation regarding reasons for removal of posts - you get an infraction......

And if you query the infraction do you get suspended lol??? [para] :lol:

northener
06-Jan-08, 22:03
And if you query the infraction do you get suspended lol??? [para]

Your infraction gets suspended.....er, hang on a minute - thats not right.

Or you are 'disappeared'.....[para]

Metalattakk
06-Jan-08, 23:55
Oh, and another thing:

Do we even know who the Moderators are any more? Is there a definitive list? Why do they need to be invisible?

DeHaviLand
07-Jan-08, 00:00
Oh, and another thing:

Do we even know who the Moderators are any more? Is there a definitive list? Why do they need to be invisible?

So that they can remove threads without fear of recrimination? Thought I had missed the quiz too :)

starry
07-Jan-08, 00:02
Who is responsible for the running of the board ?

Metalattakk
07-Jan-08, 00:12
I believe it is Niall Fernie.

I've tried PMing him, but I never get a response. Well, that's not entirely true - I PMed him once and got no response.

starry
07-Jan-08, 00:14
I use a few forums and have never known threads to be removed without some explanation being given.

Metalattakk
07-Jan-08, 00:14
So that they can remove threads without fear of recrimination? Thought I had missed the quiz too :)

If the Moderators have to remove a thread, they can diffuse any recrimination by providing a valid reason for doing so. End of story.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 45 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 21 seconds.

DeHaviLand
07-Jan-08, 00:19
I wholeheartedly agree, as I posted earlier.

bluelady
07-Jan-08, 11:38
someone has recieved too many infractions and has now pinched the Reps to balance them out - Simple as that ! [lol]

laguna2
07-Jan-08, 12:01
It's the phantom infraction wheecher I tell you :eek:

TBH
07-Jan-08, 12:06
Ok...own up...who pinched my last good rep?....It was there this morning but it has disappeared now :(...if you have seen it please let me know...my reputation is bad enough without losing more xThat's a reprehensible act.:lol:

brew
07-Jan-08, 12:14
I believe it is Niall Fernie.

I've tried PMing him, but I never get a response. Well, that's not entirely true - I PMed him once and got no response.

That is so true, he gave me bad rep for a warning after I had said I would remove/edit. my posting. but the post was closed and I am unable to edit it, maild him back 3 times, 1st was about 5 mins after he mailed me. Get a grip man Ooopss! that me in bother again I guess cause some of his "gang" will go running off to say I was bad mouthing him

brew
07-Jan-08, 12:16
I use a few forums and have never known threads to be removed without some explanation being given.

They removed one at the start of Dec about the bogs in the weigh in and a member of staff there was saying that it was BT/ manpower staff

TBH
07-Jan-08, 12:27
Still waiting for a reply to my request for an explanation about a idiotic warning that I got from some trigger happy moderator.

Geo
07-Jan-08, 12:52
Worst give me good rep thread ever! ;)

Oh there you go then have one on me. :)

MadPict
07-Jan-08, 12:54
FOR SALE

Unwanted Caithness.org Forum Reputation Points.
Either as individual points or as a complete total.
Reputation Points range from good to bad. If you take the good you have to take the bad as well.
Offers in a sealed PM only please.

brew
07-Jan-08, 13:05
FOR SALE

Unwanted Caithness.org Forum Reputation Points.
Either as individual points or as a complete total.
Reputation Points range from good to bad. If you take the good you have to take the bad as well.
Offers in a sealed PM only please.

Who wants to see how long it takes for one of the Mods to see this and move it to the For sale area!!!

Metalattakk
07-Jan-08, 13:47
That is so true, he gave me bad rep for a warning after I had said I would remove/edit. my posting. but the post was closed and I am unable to edit it, maild him back 3 times, 1st was about 5 mins after he mailed me. Get a grip man Ooopss! that me in bother again I guess cause some of his "gang" will go running off to say I was bad mouthing him

Every infraction dished out comes from Niall Fernie's account, no matter which moderator issues it. Don't blame Niall for issuing it!

However, not replying to your mail isn't very good form at all.

Metalattakk
07-Jan-08, 13:49
Still waiting for a reply to my request for an explanation about a idiotic warning that I got from some trigger happy moderator.

You won't get one. That's one of the problems with the moderation here: No transparency.

A simple explanation wouldn't go amiss, would it? What have they got to hide?

Lolabelle
07-Jan-08, 14:05
I must say this first, I do believe that the mod's and administators should be transparent.
But what I would like to say that they do have a life beyond the .org and maybe just doing what they do get done on the whole site, and not just the forum takes up a large percentage of their time.

Margaret M.
07-Jan-08, 14:36
I would like to say that they do have a life beyond the .org and maybe just doing what they do get done on the whole site, and not just the forum takes up a large percentage of their time.

Very true, but I think it may cut down on offending threads if everyone better understood why something is considered inappropriate. Why not leave the stripped, locked thread in place for a few days, with just one post that contains a brief explanation of why the thread was removed?

I fully understand the need to remove the thread about the Weigh Inn but the removal of the one about Connie's potential Prince Charming, puzzles me.

Angela
07-Jan-08, 14:44
I think it's a pity that we no longer see the mods' names. I'm not altogether sure who they are any more, and newcomers to the forum will have no idea.

Am I missing something? :confused

We're told we should report such problems as offensive PMs to a mod -but how, if forum members don't know who they are? :confused

Bobinovich
07-Jan-08, 16:25
There is a report post facility against each post (red triangle with black exclaimation mark) so just report it that way.

Still awaiting a stewards enquiry over Connies Falsers! They may have done a runner :lol:

Troublesome PMs can be reported via e-mail to admin.

shazzap
07-Jan-08, 16:40
Who are the mods?
I myself haven't got a clue who they are.
Also why is the fact that someone is a mod hidden, can anyone answer this?

northener
07-Jan-08, 19:58
I've just had my legs slapped for posting a derogotary remark. I got a polite but firm message from one of the mods (name included), the post was amended and everyone was happy.

An example of sensible and accountable moderation!

I can appreciate there's a lot of effort involved in running this site ( and I think it's a very good site), but a little more explanation would help keep us all in line and cut out the cyber-paranoia we are all experiencing at the moment.

Got do go - there's been a mysterious knock at the door[para]

Billy Boy
07-Jan-08, 20:24
Got do go - there's been a mysterious knock at the door[para]

lol what if it's the modfather :eek:

connieb19
07-Jan-08, 20:40
There is a report post facility against each post (red triangle with black exclaimation mark) so just report it that way.

Still awaiting a stewards enquiry over Connies Falsers! They may have done a runner :lol:

Troublesome PMs can be reported via e-mail to admin.
I've sent a pm to admin once before when someone was sending me annoying pm's trying to goad me into an argument...I'm still awaiting a reply. :confused

starry
07-Jan-08, 20:49
lol what if it's the modfather :eek:

That made me really laugh !

Lolabelle
08-Jan-08, 02:28
I must say this first, I do believe that the mod's and administators should be transparent.

I absolutely agree that there should be some kind of explanation as to why threads are closed.

Very true, but I think it may cut down on offending threads if everyone better understood why something is considered inappropriate. Why not leave the stripped, locked thread in place for a few days, with just one post that contains a brief explanation of why the thread was removed?

I fully understand the need to remove the thread about the Weigh Inn but the removal of the one about Connie's potential Prince Charming, puzzles me.

I'm with you Margaret M, the closing with an explanation of the closure is a fair call. But the rest of my comment was that the mods and admin are few and may not always have time to get to each pm immediately.
Also, didn't the mods used to be listed at the bottom of the page, where the orgers on line were listed?

connieb19
08-Jan-08, 19:44

Can I ask how long these "stewards enquiries" usually take? :confused

Billy Boy
08-Jan-08, 19:52
Can I ask how long these "stewards enquiries" usually take? :confused

even i can answer that one connie, "NEVER" springs to mind lol :confused

The Angel Of Death
08-Jan-08, 19:57
The how long is a bit of string line comes to mind

Bobinovich
11-Jan-08, 15:06
Thread closed at OPs request