PDA

View Full Version : K2 price increase

hotrod4
05-Jan-08, 20:26
Had a takeaway from K2 and noticed that they have substantially increased their prices!!
Rice up by 50p,nans etc the same.
Set meal up by £4.00!!! which is a 25% increase from 15.95 to 19.95.
I think thats a bit rich a 25% increase is near extortion.The Curry wasnt as good as normal the sauce was very bland and not spicy at all.
Thought I better warn you all especially if like me you phone your order in, be prepared for a surprise in your next bill. ;(

miranda
05-Jan-08, 20:57
will stick to ma fav in dempster street just done some chips and curry sauce slurrrrrp yumyum thanks for the warning tho :)

Gizmo
05-Jan-08, 21:44
Had a takeaway from K2 and noticed that they have substantially increased their prices!!
I think thats a bit rich a 25% increase is near extortion.The Curry wasnt as good as normal the sauce was very bland and not spicy at all.
Thought I better warn you all especially if like me you phone your order in, be prepared for a surprise in your next bill. ;(

Yeah i was a bit shocked at the increase aswell, i phoned in an order for an Executive Meal + 1 Other dish, nothing was mentioned about the price increase untill i arrrived there to pick it up so i was a bit peed off about that, the food was still lovely and there was plenty of it so i still think £24.95 for a meal for two is a good deal, and the prices have been the same since K2 opened nearly 4 years ago??....so a price increase had to happen at some point, what i wont do now is go in for a lovely 'Sit-Down' meal...and that is for one reason only...£5 for a Bottle of Cobra beer....thats just a price rise too far, and i used to go in there a lot to eat

98elite
05-Jan-08, 21:57

I got a nasty surprise too hotrod, it was expensive which would not of been a big deal if it was good but, the naan was cold the sauce was not as good as previous and the chicken was tough as an old boot, wont be going back in a hurry.

johno
05-Jan-08, 22:03
Boycott it then if enough folk did that they would soon conform. :cool:
those hike,s seem a bit extravagant . [disgust]

ashaw1
05-Jan-08, 22:34
Thanks for the warning!

Macwull
05-Jan-08, 23:55
In my opinion i would say that the meals out of K2 are very good value for money, they have given the menu esp the set meals a considerable price hike but as Gizmo said they've not had one in the four years they have opened. Many peoples pay will have probably gone up by 4% each year since K2 opened. So really its just gone up all at once instead of a gradual increase!

Many shops in the town including tesco have had several price rises in the past year.

If your not happy then don't eat there. Usually its busy so I doubt enough people will boycott to make them lower there prices. Theres always the balti house im sure there prices are cheaper but as they say:

You get what you pay for!! :)

golach
06-Jan-08, 00:07
Your lucky if that is a set meal for two, my nearest Indian Take Away meal for 2 is £22.50, nearest Chinese take away meal for 2 is £17.50

footie chick
06-Jan-08, 00:35
In my opinion i would say that the meals out of K2 are very good value for money, they have given the menu esp the set meals a considerable price hike but as Gizmo said they've not had one in the four years they have opened. Many peoples pay will have probably gone up by 4% each year since K2 opened. So really its just gone up all at once instead of a gradual increase!

Many shops in the town including tesco have had several price rises in the past year.

If your not happy then don't eat there. Usually its busy so I doubt enough people will boycott to make them lower there prices. Theres always the balti house im sure there prices are cheaper but as they say:

Have to agree even with the price hike it wont stop me going for the best Indian {IMO} in Caithness

Ricco
06-Jan-08, 10:03
See if you can get a copy of the Good Curry Guide (Pat Chapman's website, perhaps) and start sending in reports. Nothing stimulates a restaurant more than good / bad reps. The guide is based purely on reports send in by customers. My regular restaurant has received so many good reports that it is now in the top 100 in Britain and has redecorated, expanded, improved its menu even further and the prices remain competitive for the South. Last night's selected meal for 2 came to £20.

orkneylass
06-Jan-08, 12:15
Has anyone stopped to think why they have raised their prices? There seems to be an unspoken assumption that it is pure greed. How many people have seen their pay go up and their bills rise over the last year and how many have not? And what would be the consequence of that if you were running a business????

hotrod4
06-Jan-08, 13:16

I dont disagree with price increases, its a 25% hike in one go that i find a bit hard to take.
The "gravy" wasnt its usual standard it was very bland which is unusual for them. I know I "pays my money i take my choice" and I will still go back but if you walked into a shop and found overnight that the price had gone up by 25% wouldnt you go "whoa" ?

I posted to warn other people of the hike NOT to put them off as there was no warning of the increase.

I used to go to the Balti house but it was just a dis-organised mess and now seems to be a youth club with loads of kids hanging about the place making a racket!! ;)

Macwull
06-Jan-08, 15:57
I agree 25% does seem like a lot but if you think they could have put it up 5% a year since they opened so we've probably saved money in the long term!

As for the balti house, it's good for pizza's and kebabs but have never had a curry out of there, as you say its a bit like a youth club and not as professional an operation!

They could probably raise there prices yet as they don't have a lot of competition, unlike the chinese takeaways which we have one of on every street corner or thats what it seems!!

Gizmo
06-Jan-08, 16:25
The Balti House Pizza's are only any good once you have had a skin full of beer in the pub, they never ever put enough tomato puree base on them and the last time i had a 9" Spicy Chicken there were about 5 pieces of chicken on it, but there has never been a good takeaway in Wick where you could get a really good Pizza like Pizza Hut/Dominos...it's something we have always lacked, either of those chains would go down a storm if they were ever to open a branch up here.

watman
06-Jan-08, 19:36
We had a takeaway from K2 last weekend and i have to say it was the worst indian we have ever had. We ordered Chicken tikka Korma, the chicken was absolutely disgusting, really dry and tasted like it had been heated up several times, the Korma sauce was the worst i have ever tasted, it was really watery and was tasteless. What on earth has happened to the place? it used to be the best indian takeaway by far, but now it seems to have gone right downhill and we have been put off going back again.

rangers07
07-Jan-08, 14:42
Still a good price for whats included in that meal, 15 quid was far too cheap in the first place.

What a bunch of moaning faced miserable gits.

If you cant afford the meal then shop at Lidles not takeaways.

rockchick
07-Jan-08, 17:57
Prices gone up and quality's gone down???

Makes me wonder if they have new management.

Ash
07-Jan-08, 18:05
my OH always goes on about how good K2 are, but he hasnt been in ages, best indian in caithness is Indian Palace!yummy

rangers07
07-Jan-08, 19:01
Also the price has been the same for what ? 3 -4 years?

Some folk ought to get a grip of themselves and stop complaining about absolutely everything they can think off.

Typical Wickers, not happy unless they have something to moan about!!!

I cant wait to see the next "Fuel Price" thread, they are always good for a laugh.

[disgust][disgust]

hotrod4
07-Jan-08, 19:24
Still a good price for whats included in that meal, 15 quid was far too cheap in the first place.

What a bunch of moaning faced miserable gits.

If you cant afford the meal then shop at Lidles not takeaways.

Not a case of "moaning faced gits" and its not a case of shop at "lidls" (note correct spelling) all i said was 25% was a steep increase, would you pay 25% more for something you buy regularly?. If so wanna swap wallets??????? ;)
Seems the only miserable one on here is the one moaning about people moaning :) lol

Ash
07-Jan-08, 19:38
what i dont get is why people keep correcting peoples spelling and letting everyone know that there doing it, what if that person has spelling problems!

shame on you all!!!!

cruel cruel people[evil]

hotrod4
07-Jan-08, 19:42
what i dont get is why people keep correcting peoples spelling and letting everyone know that there doing it, what if that person has spelling problems!

shame on you all!!!!

cruel cruel people[evil]

what i dont get is why people keep correcting people who correct peoples spelling and letting everyone know that there doing it, what if that person has correcting peoples spelling problems!
(sorry couldnt resist it!!)

P.s He/she doesnt have spelling problems as i have checked their previous posts and "lidls" was spelt correctly!!!!!!

Ash
07-Jan-08, 20:05
i dont just mean your post, everyone is doing, lots of threads just now people are correcting others spelling and its not being done in a nice way

j4bberw0ck
07-Jan-08, 20:40
i dont just me your post, everyone is doing it

Que? Sorry, Ash, not following you there :roll:

I suppose if people don't like the takeaway price, don't like the gravy, don't like this and don't like that, they could always exercise their right to shop elsewhere? Have those who object made their objections clear to the owners or is it the good old British thing of smile sweetly and meekly and bravely bitch like fury to anyone who'll listen, once out the door?

Food prices are on the up - seriously so. Partly because the Chinese and Indians are getting a taste for wheat and other grains rather than just rice, as so bid for the available quantities in international markets. Partly because of the lunacy of government-enforced biofuels production to appease the barking mad swivel-eyed climate loonies. Partly because the poor weather last year produced poor harvest. Anyone here noticed a loaf of bread up nearly 30p? Meat products increasing in price because cattle are fed grain? Milk products up in price?

Get ready for a lot more economic shocks over the next 12 months, folks, starting when Gordon Brown's last act as Chancellor - abolition of the 10% income tax starter band - comes into effect very quietly in April, in addition to the £550 extra tax taken from families in 2007 as a result of that very same thief. Look on the bright side - you'll pay so much more to service your debt, more for your food, more in taxes.....

.......an extra couple of quid at the takeaway won't even register! :lol: