PDA

View Full Version : crap

danc1ngwitch
05-Jan-08, 15:57
Has anyone noticed recently how much crap is in our ditchs by the road, today i saw, bottles, cans, socks, nappies, oil tubs, buckets, the list is endless.

paris
05-Jan-08, 16:02
Its the same here in Linc's danc1ingwitch. We have drains /dyke's all over here but you never see all the crap until they cut the reeds down , then boy you would be surprised whats down there. janx

orkneylass
05-Jan-08, 16:34
We have an annual beach clean up in Orkney but some people do roadside ditches too - a chance for the environmentalists to put their money where their mouth is, so to speak.

paris
05-Jan-08, 16:40
That's a good idea orkneylass. If everyone did the bit near their own homes it wouldn't get in such a mess. We had workmen on the other side of our rd, we look out on fields, anyway after a few weeks they left and the mess left behind was terrible[evil]. By the time you get in touch with the company/council you might just as well go and pick it up yourself which i did. Saves it all blowing about and ending up in my garden anyway. janx

orkneylass
05-Jan-08, 17:17
Our beach clean up is organised by a local environmental group and I think they get rubbish sacks and thick rubber gloves provided by the local council, and they then collect the rubbish from agreed gathering points. This could be done in other areas too.

sam
05-Jan-08, 18:01
They could always get the people on community service to clear it up, or those who have been unemployed long term and admit that they dont want to work, there problem solved;)

paris
05-Jan-08, 18:10
They could always get the people on community service to clear it up, or those who have been unemployed long term and admit that they dont want to work, there problem solved;)
There you go then problem solved, would you have to suggest that to the HMP service or the council ?

sam
05-Jan-08, 18:20
There you go then problem solved, would you have to suggest that to the HMP service or the council ?

Since both are government based you would think they could work it out for themselves:confused

changilass
05-Jan-08, 18:42
The problem with community service is that you can take people to do a job but you can't actually force them to do it. If they choose to sit on their backsides aparently nothing can be done.

Mum lives in a sheltered housing complex in Lancaster and they sent some lads out to tidy up the area, most refused to do any work but shortly after a spate of burgularies occured, now this could have been a coincidence but I somehow doubt it. They knew the area was vunerable and it was targeted.

sam
05-Jan-08, 18:52
The problem with community service is that you can take people to do a job but you can't actually force them to do it. If they choose to sit on their backsides aparently nothing can be done.

Mum lives in a sheltered housing complex in Lancaster and they sent some lads out to tidy up the area, most refused to do any work but shortly after a spate of burgularies occured, now this could have been a coincidence but I somehow doubt it. They knew the area was vunerable and it was targeted.

Maybe they should bring in american style boot camps for the ones that dont want to work, that would get their butts moving.

badger
05-Jan-08, 19:46
Since both are government based you would think they could work it out for themselves:confused

This is the government we're talking about - work it out for themselves ??