PDA

View Full Version : 10mph motorway driver

angela5
04-Jan-08, 16:20
10 MPH motorway driver is banned for a week. She needed to be arrested for driving a car called Perodua Kenari! :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=5U3SJY13BUZFHQFIQMFCFGGAVCBQ YIV0?xml=/news/2008/01/04/nban104.xml

paris
04-Jan-08, 16:26
shouldnt be on the roads let alone passed her test ! jan x

zagor
04-Jan-08, 16:55
lol poor woman she was thinking of others. She had the decency of putting a sign on the back that said please overtake

wifie
04-Jan-08, 17:47
If she feels that way she should be getting treatment - not crawling along the motorway!

northener
04-Jan-08, 20:25
Turns out she took a wrong turning and ended up on the motorway, absolutely petrified and had to be shadowed off by the police.

She's a MS sufferer and only uses her car to do local shopping. I genuinely feel sorry for the woman, but I totally agree with the 1 week ban and the order to re-sit her test. If she cannot maintain a reasonable level of confidence then she is a liability to herself and other road users.

I hope she gets a patient ADI for some tuition, the ADI's gonna need it as much as she does.

DeHaviLand
04-Jan-08, 22:44
Strangely, I felt sorry for her too when I heard it on the news. I must be developing some compassion in my old age. Mind you, I dont know how much compassion I would have had if I had encountered her on the A9.

wifie
04-Jan-08, 22:54
If indeed she is ill it is sad but that is the problem - some people just do not know their limitations. How sad would we be if she caused a pile up or something?

sassylass
05-Jan-08, 01:15
It's a pity if she is unwell or nervous but if she's not capable of safe driving, she should not be behind the wheel.

johno
05-Jan-08, 10:47
If the woman has a fear of driving and three years of therapy has,nt helped. Then for the safety of all other motorists she should have had the sense herself to just quit before she causes an accident.
I think the authority,s were quite right to put her off the road until she resit,s her driving test. One of the few sensible suggestions ever made in a court of law if you ask me. :roll:
Ps, and to put a notice on your back window telling people that you are a slow driver please pass. ridiculous, were all going to slow down enough to read this from 65-70 mpg on a busy motorway.

Deemac
05-Jan-08, 22:00
I come across on a regular basic some farmers doing similar speeds between Thurso & Castletown. They are an accident just waiting to happen.

They appear more interested in counting sheep in the fields than other public road users safety. (They also seem to think actually using there vehicle lights in dim or dark conditions is far too much effort also!!!!)

One day thay will either kill someone else, themselves or both!!

I firmly believe that there should be minimum speed limits as well as maximum.

(There, I finally got that one off my chest . . . . .:Razz)

htwood
05-Jan-08, 22:04
Poor dear, I feel sorry for her. If she doesnt drive, she loses some independence. But if she continues, she risks a crash which could injure others too. Hard choice but the best one is to stop driving.

johno
05-Jan-08, 22:07
I come across on a regular basic some farmers doing similar speeds between Thurso & Castletown. They are an accident just waiting to happen.

They appear more interested in counting sheep in the fields than other public road users safety. (They also seem to think actually using there vehicle lights in dim or dark conditions is far too much effort also!!!!)

One day thay will either kill someone else, themselves or both!!

I firmly believe that there should be minimum speed limits as well as maximum.

(There, I finally got that one off my chest . . . . .:Razz)
Yes & while i,m on my soapbox, They just pull out of fields and leave a muck trail for the next half mile. If you or me deposited that mess on the road,s we would be in the dock pronto fast.[lol]

Mik.M.
05-Jan-08, 22:13
Very true johno. Seen it loads of times they could cause an accident and they`ll say "not my fault".