PDA

View Full Version : train times

sharon
03-Jan-08, 12:53
anyone know what time is the next train from georgmas! error on scotrail page and phone line busy!
thanks

brokencross
03-Jan-08, 13:00
going where???????????

sharon
03-Jan-08, 13:09
going to inverness

Lavenderblue2
03-Jan-08, 13:16
The 08.40 from Thurso didn't run today - the passengers were bussed to Inverness because the train had hit a stag!!

LB

sphinx
03-Jan-08, 14:38
look it up on the net

sharon
03-Jan-08, 15:19
i did look it up!! but error on the timetable page!

http://www.firstgroup.com/scotrail/tt/1197160226-north%20highlands%20dec.pdf

anyway doesnt matter now, the passengers got a lift down the line! :roll:

Metalattakk
03-Jan-08, 15:26
Right-click on the link and select 'Save Target As...'

That'll download the .pdf document that your browser won't open. You'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the downloaded document though.

sphinx
03-Jan-08, 15:27
you could get a time table out off the travel arcade:)

Fran
04-Jan-08, 02:55
anyone know what time is the next train from georgmas! error on scotrail page and phone line busy!
thanks

8.30 or 8.51 am.
When i got this train to Inverness before christmas it waited at georgmas for passengers to be bussed from thurso to Georgmas. the reason.......there was a fault in the trains system whereby it could only go straight so could not turn to go to Thurso. Noticed buses were being used again today.
They should go back to the old system whereby a carriage comes from thurso and links to the wick train at georgemas, this would save an hour off the journey.

webmannie
04-Jan-08, 09:52
Too expensive i'm afraid fran, would mean at least three teams of train staff to cover both. I have heard a rumour that the train is going to be terminating at Georgemas in the future anyway with passengers being bussed to Wick and Thurso. The land that used to be owned by the Pat and Alex Grant Pension Fund at the side has been bought to turn Georgemas into a main hub.

Metalattakk
06-Jan-08, 18:08
I have heard a rumour that the train is going to be terminating at Georgemas in the future anyway with passengers being bussed to Wick and Thurso. The land that used to be owned by the Pat and Alex Grant Pension Fund at the side has been bought to turn Georgemas into a main hub.

I think that would fit in perfectly with the new Thurso Bypass that's apparently in planning.

Imagine it - Georgemas would be the central travel hub for Caithness. Just think of the tourism benefits to the county along with the increased business links and opportunities.

There are interesting times ahead, methinks!

webmannie
06-Jan-08, 23:01
Apparently the geology around Halkirk is ideal for a deep repositry and the bypass is so that the waste doesn't have to go through thurso

Metalattakk
06-Jan-08, 23:53
Hmmm, I believe a deep repository away from the coastline is a good idea too, and it obviously has to go where the geology is suitable, but what would all that do to the tourism and industry side of things?

I worry that they haven't thought this through properly.

webmannie
07-Jan-08, 13:56
Hmm not sure, depends if they 'advertise' the fact that a repository is there?

I would imagine that it would be an unobtrusive hole in the ground, could be hidden quite easily, anybody else have views on this?