PDA

View Full Version : sick bug

Dadie
03-Jan-08, 12:46
there is a very nasty sickness bug doing the rounds at the moment...who else has succumbed to it?

Ash
03-Jan-08, 12:54
both my nephews and nieces had it, seems to be 12-24hr thing,its horrible

Dadie
03-Jan-08, 12:57
no it can be but i went down with it on the night of the 27th and I am only now feeling better ... hubby and Lauren both had it for 24hours each...oh well at least i lost the extra pounds i put on at christmas without dieting!

Ash
03-Jan-08, 12:58
hope your feeling better, my mum had something similiar and it lasted ages

anneoctober
03-Jan-08, 13:58
You have my sympathies dadie ! Went down wi bug on the 22nd Dec and only back to normal on the 30th. No Xmas dinner for me - OH went next door and left me all alone....:~( I have to confess though I was extremely grateful for that!!! :lol:

sphinx
03-Jan-08, 14:09
i had it and it woz not very nice:~(

:~(

Dadie
03-Jan-08, 14:11
everyone seems to have had it...that we have spoken to!

Foxy
03-Jan-08, 15:50
My hubby had the bug over the new year and my little chiel is in bed today as he started with it in the middle of the night. :(

golach
03-Jan-08, 15:52
Saw this on the News today, worrying

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7169347.stm

Ash
03-Jan-08, 16:02
Saw this on the News today, worrying

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7169347.stm

god very worrying! thanks for the link

simpsoney
03-Jan-08, 16:08
I got it on xmas eve but was better by the 27th, then came down with the cold and ended up with broncitis over new year!!! So i didnt have a very nice holiday!!
It isnt very nice at all.

changilass
03-Jan-08, 16:58
Mum spent 8 days confined to her cabin on a recent cruise, apparently the best thing for it is something called avomine, and it can be bought at the chemist.

Hope this helps anyone suffering.

johno
03-Jan-08, 17:42
Im normally bullit proof as far as bug,s go. but i caught one about a couple o months ago,made me lose a stone in weight which was no bad thing. [its mostly back on now] . but that was the first one i ever caught. i think that some folk are just prone to these things while others whistle through life missing everything.

mums angels
03-Jan-08, 18:01
My 2 year old , hubby , 2 sister in -laws , and many friends had it and their kids but lukily my older two and myself have so far managed to dodge it ..was horrible thing :(

ciderally
03-Jan-08, 20:56
its doing the rounds over here as well, must be a nasty bug if its hit the news

Riffman
03-Jan-08, 21:40
Mother got it badly throwing up for several days, I stayed well clear and ahve not yet had it!

Ricco
03-Jan-08, 22:15
Caught this the week before Christmas. Very debilitating; felt weak, breathless, achey, very hot or very cold and, apparently, went bright red in the face. Lasted for about 4 days. Hits some people much worse.

Dadie
04-Jan-08, 09:57
those slaves to the desk that have had it should stay away from work for 48hours after they feel better to help stop spreading it !

miranda
04-Jan-08, 18:56
is this the same one going round the schools last month??!! it is getting serious by the looks of things. :(

Dadie
05-Jan-08, 11:57
think so
it seems to have the whole country on/looking down the loo now though!

anneoctober
05-Jan-08, 12:08
Despite being fanatical about hand washing etc, the damn bug is back! OH is away to the footie in Inverness, still disgustingly healthy - maybe it was the disinffecting properties of Old Pultney over the festive period that saved him..........:eek:[disgust]

laguna2
05-Jan-08, 12:09
Poor you anneoctober ... hope you are on the mend soon!

nanoo
05-Jan-08, 13:32
I think you are a glutton for punishment girl. Get a grip and down a few of OHs Old Pultney and if nothing else, the critters can drown inebriated. Te he. Hope you get better quickly, meantime i'll send you a few[lol] Cocktails.:lol:

NLP
05-Jan-08, 15:11
My wee one had it for 6 days, thankfully it cleared up in time for santa coming

WeeBurd
05-Jan-08, 21:39
WeeBurdie came down with it the Friday before Christmas, and was knocked out for several days... same with BabyBurdie who woke up having been sick on Christmas morning (that kinda took the shine off the whole Santa thing!) and wasn't clear of it again for several days. Both MrBurd and I had the concentrated version, only suffering for a couple of days a piece. Although we were all feeling yuck, spirits still remained relatively high, so thankfully it didn't spoil our holidays too much :).

Gizmo
05-Jan-08, 22:01
The dreaded Flu is doing the rounds just now aswell, my loving wife has had it for the last couple of days and despite trying to avoid her as if she was Osama Bin Laden with the Ebola virus she has kindly passed her germs my way and i have felt horrid all day.....like i weigh half a tonne, plus my bowels have gone into production overdrive which is an added bonus i could have done without, today has not been a pleasant day at all :(

I wonder what delights tomorrow will bring.

ciderally
05-Jan-08, 22:18
thought this bug was a 24 hr thing but lots of you have been down for days, good luck and good health to us all xx

Ash
06-Jan-08, 11:00
we never got the sickness bug, but me and my wee girl have had an awful cough for weeks now, and cant shift the cold, its awful!

laguna2
06-Jan-08, 12:08
sorry to hear that Ash. I too have the chest thingy and am now on my second course of antibiotics! Might be worth having a visit to the Doc?

cuddlepop
06-Jan-08, 17:34
Hope it doesn't come over here, its all quiet on the western front.:eek:

Whoops probably tempted fate lol

lynne duncan
06-Jan-08, 19:50
no thank you we all had it before xmas hopefully we won't get it back, mind you bairns go back to school tomorrow yikes, hillhead was bad with the sick bug before the break again hopefully everyone this side is done with it!!!

Anne x
06-Jan-08, 20:07
thought this bug was a 24 hr thing but lots of you have been down for days, good luck and good health to us all xx

well I have been laid up 48hrs plus have had nothing but water and dry toast and still poorly GPs Surgerys are asking you to stay away because of Infection and to stay indoors for another 48hrs after symptons pass

Its awful !!![disgust]

anneoctober
06-Jan-08, 21:26
well I have been laid up 48hrs plus have had nothing but water and dry toast and still poorly GPs Surgerys are asking you to stay away because of Infection and to stay indoors for another 48hrs after symptons pass

Its awful !!![disgust]
Poor wifie, I can sympathise. Fortunately for me the second time around was brief if just as nasty........:~(

changilass
06-Jan-08, 23:06
You aint the only one who has had it twice Anneoctober, mum just rang to say she has gone down with it again, not nice:~(

Dadie
10-Jan-08, 10:52
just got it again yesterday..didnt last as long only sick in the morning hoping to be ok to go for my 20week scan tommorrow!
I will phone the midwives tommorrow morning to check though!

Ash
10-Jan-08, 11:00
had an awful headache on monday, sickness and diahorrea on tuesday felt wee bit better yesterday but heads still thumping... and cant get rid of this cough!:~(

lady penelope
10-Jan-08, 20:43
I was so smug thinking I never get really unwell. I kind of ignore it and it'll go away. I have been floored for two days and am still ill. Just kind of weak with stomach pains, I want to go back to work but feel unable to even bother getting dressed! Any advice of how to rid myself of this?

twiglet
10-Jan-08, 23:20
Have had the bug twice. Starving myself for 24 hours worked but still felt shaky for days. Good for weight loss and luckily my disinfecting everything in sight meant that I didn't pass it on to the rest of the household. (OH did have it the same time as me tho)

Liz
22-Feb-08, 19:04
I thought I had managed to avoid it but succumbed to it a couple of days ago.

It is the awful nausea now which I find so awful as I can't get to sleep for it so feel even worse!:(

cuddlepop
22-Feb-08, 19:45
I've never tried it but chewing stem ginger is suppose to relieve that horrible sick feeling.
As if you've not got eneogh to put up with Liz.
Lots of Tlc winging its way to you.:)

NLP
22-Feb-08, 23:29
My wee one had it for the second time 8 days this time, only now she shared it with daddy then mummy,I could have done without it.

Liz
23-Feb-08, 13:57
I've never tried it but chewing stem ginger is suppose to relieve that horrible sick feeling.
As if you've not got eneogh to put up with Liz.
Lots of Tlc winging its way to you.:)

I didn't have any ginger but got some barley sugar and that has helped a wee bit as managed to sleep last night.

I have Crohns Disease and think that made it worse.

My sympathy to all who have this awful bug!

Thanks Cuddlepop!:D