PDA

View Full Version : Re: 0800 REVERSE - Warning

dpw39
04-Oct-05, 13:59
Quite recently, I have had telephone requests to accept a Reverse-Charge call from 0800 REVERSE Ltd. Which after briefly looking into the company, if you accept the call, you automatically incur a £3 connection charge, and then 20p (minimum 3 minutes) at PEAK times and 10p per minute OFF PEAK.

Has anyone else experienced these type of calls, and if the system is abused, can be a nice little earner to the provider of the service... any comments?

Ciao,

Dave the Rave :cool:

EDDIE
04-Oct-05, 16:51
To be honest about its terrible that people can setup scams like that and get away with it
me personally bt doesnt do enough to protect there customers from scams like that.

dpw39
04-Oct-05, 18:29
It's always been well known that large organisations that gain our personal information, do use it or re-sell it to cold-caller type of organisations. Eg; the Council (Electoral Roll), copies can be purchased, BT eg. Phone Book additions etc. Even on the internet, Hotmail uses your information as well, what gets up my nose, especially with BT is that they sell off our information to others, then want to charge us monthly of having the privelige of them taking off the SPAM/SCAMS etc.

Thats me off my soap-box.

Ciao,

Dave the Rave :cool:

unicorn
04-Oct-05, 20:02
i had a strange call the other night where my caller id said number unavailable and when I answered it, it was ringing at the other end??? like I had dialled out?? any ideas what that is?
:eek:

champagnebaby
04-Oct-05, 22:46
i had a strange call the other night where my caller id said number unavailable and when I answered it, it was ringing at the other end??? like I had dialled out?? any ideas what that is?
:eek:

Could be soemone's pressed 5 to use ring back if your line was engaged, y'know when it automatically dials you number as soon as the line's free then maybe the other person was away from the phone??

Geo
04-Oct-05, 22:59
I "think" some of the auto dialers for marketing do that as well. It's set to autodial you, when you pick up it rings at the other end for the sales person to answer and speak to you.

champagnebaby
04-Oct-05, 23:03
I forgot said caller number unavailable so maybe it's more likey to be what geo said

unicorn
05-Oct-05, 12:18
thanks for that all just checking it wasnt a scam :D