PDA

View Full Version : Donate your christmas cards

Fran
03-Jan-08, 03:05
There is a large box in Tesco for your Christmas cards so dont throw them away but put them in the box for charity.

Liz
03-Jan-08, 14:24
Thanks Fran!

I was just going to put them in the recycling bin but will put them in the charity box now.:D

Julia
03-Jan-08, 14:52
Excellent, I was wondering if they would have the box again this year, I took all my decorations down yesterday so the last thing to do is recycle the cards.

nanoo
03-Jan-08, 15:36
Thanks for that Fran, i will take them with me on Saturday when i'm going for my shopping.;)

bobsgirl
03-Jan-08, 15:45
My hubby will love you for that one!!
I think I have cards in the loft from the last 3 years.
He will be delighted to get rid of them, I refuse to bin them!!

gollach
03-Jan-08, 16:12
Which charity is Tesco supporting?

porshiepoo
03-Jan-08, 16:24
When I was a kid my mum used to cit out the old cards with zig zag scissors and use the cut outs as tags the following year. I still do this now, so I guess I can still call it recycling.:)

sphinx
03-Jan-08, 17:08
i think the charity is woodland trust .....

badger
03-Jan-08, 17:37
They shouldn't come down until Sunday !! Whatever happened to Twelfth Night?

I always put mine in a charity box and cut off messages first, unless message is on the back of the pic. then I have to throw away as I don't want people to read what's on my cards. What do others do?

Aquarian Girl
03-Jan-08, 19:34
Does anyone know what to do with the stamps off the envelopes?? Have saved them as well as I was told that they can go to charity as well

starry
03-Jan-08, 19:59
Does anyone know what to do with the stamps off the envelopes?? Have saved them as well as I was told that they can go to charity as well

http://www.used-stamps.co.uk/

This give you a list of charities who collect them.

braalterr903
03-Jan-08, 20:37
is this thurso tesco or just wick tesco.

carasmam
03-Jan-08, 20:56
They shouldn't come down until Sunday !! Whatever happened to Twelfth Night?

I always put mine in a charity box and cut off messages first, unless message is on the back of the pic. then I have to throw away as I don't want people to read what's on my cards. What do others do?

I never thought about anyone reading the messages - oh well they'll get a laugh at some of them then [lol]

Aquarian Girl
03-Jan-08, 22:04
Thank you starry. Will look

alanatkie
03-Jan-08, 22:07
is this thurso tesco or just wick tesco.

It is in Thurso tescos aswell

lin
03-Jan-08, 23:08
Hya I have an address who would LOVE your old stamps
Sands stands for stillbirth and Neonatal deaths They do so much for people who have lost babys, can you help??
Stamps for Sands
10 Bellamy Avenue
Hartcliffe
Bristol
BS13 0HW

starry
03-Jan-08, 23:21
I will start keeping our work stamps, we get so many.

Fran
04-Jan-08, 02:26
The Renal Unit at Raigmore Hospital have been collecting stamps for years. a lot of charities do this. Maybe the hospital in wick or some shops could place a collection box for used stamps.

gollach
04-Jan-08, 02:59
i think the charity is woodland trust .....

Thanks for the info.

lin
04-Jan-08, 17:17
I will start keeping our work stamps, we get so many.

Thank you so much
xxxxxxx

miranda
04-Jan-08, 18:52
dropped my cards off at tesco today glad to see the box is looking pretty full well done eveybody xx:D

gollach
04-Jan-08, 21:23
dropped my cards off at tesco today glad to see the box is looking pretty full well done eveybody xx:D

The box at Thurso Tesco was pretty empty when I went in to drop mine off. Unlike the bottle banks at Riverside - they were overflowing!

Aquarian Girl
05-Jan-08, 00:28
Hya I have an address who would LOVE your old stamps
Sands stands for stillbirth and Neonatal deaths They do so much for people who have lost babys, can you help??
Stamps for Sands
10 Bellamy Avenue
Hartcliffe
Bristol
BS13 0HW

Thanks for that will send stamps on there and keep collecting for them

lin
05-Jan-08, 03:56
Thanks for that will send stamps on there and keep collecting for them

Thank you so so much
Lin
xxxxxxx