PDA

View Full Version : Snow poll

quirbal
02-Jan-08, 22:35
Ok carried over from another thread. Who wants snow?

dandod
02-Jan-08, 22:39
i want lots and lots of snow. and when it finally stops snowing i want it to snow more.there is nothing quite like walking when it is snowing really heavy and the sound of fresh snow under your feet.:Razz

sphinx
02-Jan-08, 22:44
would like a good downpour of the white stuff but HATE the slush and mess it makes !!!!!!!!!

the charlatans
02-Jan-08, 22:52
I really, really, really, and i mean really hate the stuff. The only thing its good for is skiing or snowboarding on. Other than that I detest the stuff. Bah humbug.

dandod
02-Jan-08, 22:54
watch what you vote for some person just gave me bad rep for saying a like snow

cuddlepop
02-Jan-08, 22:56
We're travelling tomorrow through Glencoe and I still want snow.

I've got it bad.:lol:

Torvaig
02-Jan-08, 23:00
Though I do remember the excitement of fresh snow in the far off days of my youth, now, having broken a wrist after a fall on snow and having arthritis and osteoporosis, I am very frightened if I have to go out in it.:~(

I can still appreciate the sight of a new fall of snow; it looks very pure and gives the whole countryside light but just let me hibernate as long as it is here.:lol:

connieb19
02-Jan-08, 23:04
watch what you vote for some person just gave me bad rep for saying a like snowYou think that's bad, I had a warning from admin for saying I used to have a shih tzu. :eek:

ks
02-Jan-08, 23:19
I love the snow, wouldn't mind being snowed in for 3 weeks but the chances of that happening are quite slim!

dandod
02-Jan-08, 23:20
You think that's bad, I had a warning from admin for saying I used to have a shih tzu. :eek:

[lol]sorry to laugh!! thats a bit too far!!!

ks
02-Jan-08, 23:21
watch what you vote for some person just gave me bad rep for saying a like snow

Thats a bit uncalled for, wonder how much bad rep I will get as I said I love it!

dandod
02-Jan-08, 23:22
I love the snow, wouldn't mind being snowed in for 3 weeks but the chances of that happening are quite slim!

at last someone of the same frame of mind. lets all join our nightly prayers and pray for lost of snow[lol]

superted
02-Jan-08, 23:29
Love it, love it love it!!

ks
02-Jan-08, 23:38
at last someone of the same frame of mind. lets all join our nightly prayers and pray for lost of snow[lol]

I have just been doing a snow dance for all us snow lovers - it didn't work last year though.

golach
03-Jan-08, 00:12
If you like snow so much, go live with the Eskimo's and the Laplanders and Swiss, I got stuck in Caithness in 1960 for a week, and then in Avimore for 4 days, in the 80's, no way in or out, no deliveries of fuel,food or beer, animals starving in the fields. Not my idea of fun.

changilass
03-Jan-08, 00:17
Golach I bet you would change your mind if a certain wee man asked you to build a snowman lol

paris
03-Jan-08, 00:19
Me wants snow as well, i just love it , jan x

ks
03-Jan-08, 00:22
If you like snow so much, go live with the Eskimo's and the Laplanders and Swiss, I got stuck in Caithness in 1960 for a week, and then in Avimore for 4 days, in the 80's, no way in or out, no deliveries of fuel,food or beer, animals starving in the fields. Not my idea of fun.

No thanks, think the novelty might wear off after a few months of it.

Julia
03-Jan-08, 00:26
Give us some snow, why not, it's not usually here for too long and it would give the kids something to do on their last few days off school!

Torvaig
03-Jan-08, 01:28
Well said Julia; I must admit that although I do not care for going out in the snow myself, I do love seeing and hearing the kiddies playing in it. And I'm not averse to making and throwing a snowball if they chuck one at me! They love it when adults (?) retaliate.....:lol:

Metalattakk
03-Jan-08, 03:37
I shall not be participating in this poll, as it is not a secret ballot. Poor show.

Also, I've noticed that the vast majority of those voting for snow are female. Why should this be?

Camel Spider
03-Jan-08, 05:05
Snow please and lots of it !!

While I dont like the cold much it does present lots of chances to laugh at people who go flying on it or just simply fall over once it turns to ice. You can also have snowball fights. Or throw snowballs at people UNTIL they fall over .. hours of fun. My tip is to park yourself next to a school at hometime and lob snowballs at pedestrians, if caught simply point at the nearest child.

Snow makes me .. [evil]

johno
03-Jan-08, 10:43
Cant stand snow. slows down the country, costs money to clear it up,
causes countless accidents, extra heating bill,s and it,s damned cold slippery stuff.
who in their right mind can honestly say , i want snow. :eek: CRAZY.

Dadie
03-Jan-08, 12:44
I want to take Lauren sledging for the first time and to show her how to build a snowman so enough snow for that would be magical!

nanoo
03-Jan-08, 14:06
Cant stand snow. slows down the country, costs money to clear it up,
causes countless accidents, extra heating bill,s and it,s damned cold slippery stuff.
who in their right mind can honestly say , i want snow. :eek: CRAZY.
Sorry johno, i love snow, as long as it is confined to Christmas cards that is. It's mucky and dangerous as well. Snow should fall only in the countryside where it is absolutely beautiful. I know what i'm talking about there as i lived in the counrtyside for 7 years and the snow was magical, to say the least.:confused When it falls in town however, i think it's a waste.

quirbal
03-Jan-08, 14:14
I shall not be participating in this poll, as it is not a secret ballot. Poor show.

Also, I've noticed that the vast majority of those voting for snow are female. Why should this be?

Im not female and I voted for snow.:confused

connieb19
03-Jan-08, 14:31
Im not female and I voted for snow.:confusedAnd I'm a female who hates snow. :confused:

Metalattakk
03-Jan-08, 14:46

Im not female and I voted for snow.

And I'm a female who hates snow.

Hmm, things seem to have levelled off, vote-wise. Which is nice, I suppose. Perhaps I was being too hasty in jumping to my conclusion after all. :D

johno
03-Jan-08, 14:54
And I'm a female who hates snow. :confused:
cheer,s connie, BUT, Think on all that teeth you would,nt be able to find buried under the snow. lol [lol]

Bobinovich
03-Jan-08, 15:04
I put not bothered as, at the first decent snow fall, I always go to a deserted car-park and reacquaint myself with the changing driving conditions - force a few slides, correct, etc.

I'm no keen when it turns to slush tho' - 'orrible messy stuff!

Yoda the flump
03-Jan-08, 15:16
let it, let it, let it - yep, I want snow and when it comes I challenge any of you snow haters to a snowball fight!:)

ks
03-Jan-08, 15:17
let it, let it, let it - yep, I want snow and when it comes I challenge any of you snow haters to a snowball fight!:)

I will join you!

scorrie
03-Jan-08, 15:40
"And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time
The greatest gift they'll get this year is life"

bobsgirl
03-Jan-08, 15:48
I would love it to snow!! I dont mind driving in it. All you have to do is be careful!!! Any driver should know that by now!!
If you dont like driving in it then dont!!

Metalattakk
03-Jan-08, 17:08
What a selfish outlook. Some people have to drive for a living. Or do they not count?

bobsgirl
03-Jan-08, 17:30
Not a selfish outlook at all, it is an opinion the same as the rest.
The more you drive in the snow the more you get used to it and the safer a driver you get for that condition.
I do have to do some driving for my work so I do understand.
At this time of year it is all in the dark, which I dont particularly like but am getting used to it.
Same as anything really the more you practise the more good at something you will be!! Do we not teach this to our children?!?!
Instead of moaning about what might happen, just take things as they come!

Metalattakk
03-Jan-08, 17:36
If you dont like driving in it then dont!!

Quite how you can state the above, then try to justify it by your comments below, baffles me.

The more you drive in the snow the more you get used to it and the safer a driver you get for that condition.
At this time of year it is all in the dark, which I dont particularly like but am getting used to it.
Same as anything really the more you practise the more good at something you will be!! Do we not teach this to our children?!?!
Instead of moaning about what might happen, just take things as they come!

bobsgirl
03-Jan-08, 17:39
Not turning this into an argument!!
Simple to understand!! The more you do something the more you get used to it!! No-one is forced!! Personal choice!!

Metalattakk
03-Jan-08, 17:46
Personal choice doesn't come into it in many, many cases. People are forced into driving in such conditions. People are forced into walking in the snow and ice. Many of these people will cause damage to themselves and others because of the snow and ice.

And you're happy with that, and you and the other 'chionophiles' want to encourage it, just so you can see something that's pretty?
Sheesh. :roll:

If that's not the definition of 'selfish' then I don't know what is?

Yoda the flump
03-Jan-08, 17:53
You could use the selfish argument for may things, calm down man, snow brings lots of pleasure to many many people, not just misery to all.

YOU could be accused of being selfish yourself!

Metalattakk
03-Jan-08, 17:55
[lol]

How can I be called selfish for not wanting the elderly and disabled to be hurt? Man, you're stretching the realms of imagination there!

Camel Spider
03-Jan-08, 18:09
Personal choice doesn't come into it in many, many cases. People are forced into driving in such conditions. People are forced into walking in the snow and ice. Many of these people will cause damage to themselves and others because of the snow and ice.

And you're happy with that, and you and the other chionophiles want to encourage it, just so you can see something that's pretty? Sheesh. :roll:

If that's not the definition of 'selfish' then I don't know what is.

If it does snow then remember to grit your soap box .. wouldnt want to see you slip off it.

The snow is coming whether we like it or not and I for one will enjoy it. I am in my mid thirties but I will be out snowball fighting with the local kids (again). Last year the little angels ambushed me and revenge will be mine, they will learn that youth and skill are no match for old age and treachery. I have already cleared a spot in my freezer to store some snowballs until about a week after the snow goes so I can ambush them when they least expect it .. ;)

Nothing wrong with wanting the snow so you can have a bit of fun. Or even just so your garden looks nice.

connieb19
03-Jan-08, 18:24
Instead of moaning about what might happen, just take things as they come!You can be as safe a driver on the road all you want, careful drivers still get involved in accidents because of some of the maniacs that are driving about without a care for the road conditions. When I have to drive in the snow, I hate it, not because of my own driving but because of some of the other drivers I see. I suppose I should stop worrying about it, after all they're only practising to be perfect. :roll:

Hibeechick
03-Jan-08, 18:39
Im not long back from shopping on Princes Street in Edinburgh. I was looking like a snow woman by the end of - absoloutely soaked through aswell.

The castle and the big wheel etc looked amazing in the midst of it all though :)

Metalattakk
03-Jan-08, 18:43
If it does snow then remember to grit your soap box .. wouldnt want to see you slip off it.

Will do! Thanks for the reminder - you know what they say, it's always best to be prepared. ;)

bosco
03-Jan-08, 18:58
what i like about the snow it makes all the gardens look the same, you dont see any gardens untidy,

Mik.M.
03-Jan-08, 19:14
Thought these messageboards were to express our own opinions not have others foist upon us. Still a free country last time I looked.Personally I`d like some snow not lots tho. It makes everything look nicer and the kids can have some fun . If you have to go out be careful.

heather11
03-Jan-08, 19:20

;);) One for the ladies. Who would you like to be snowed in with??

paris
03-Jan-08, 19:26
Anyone that would have me LOL jan x

Sporran
03-Jan-08, 19:32
Well it's snow joke driving in the white stuff, but it does look pretty! We lived in New England for 10 years, and I'd never seen so much snow till we moved there. I soon realised that was too much of a good thing, when it came to shovelling out the driveway, and having to drive in hazardous road conditions!! :eek: The novelty of snow soon wore off on me, I can tell you! But snow in moderation is a good thing - like yer average Caithness snowfall that doesn't stay for weeks or months on end. :cool:

Sporran
03-Jan-08, 19:36
;) One for the ladies. Who would you like to be snowed in with??

Oooh, George Clooney would be nice!! Then we could weather the perfect storm together!!! :D

paris
03-Jan-08, 19:42
Well thats it then ....no snow for superted and me yet !:( jan x

starry
03-Jan-08, 19:48
I do love the snow but can see why folk get a bit nervy if they have to go out or drive in it.
I am lucky in that I am relatively fit and healthy and live within walking distance of the shops.

To be honest I get a bit OCD when snow is forecast and tend to fill up the freezer and bulk by my ciggies just incase it gets that bad I don't want to go out.

I love when everything looks all fresh and white and I am sure the brighteness cheers me up.

Thumper
03-Jan-08, 19:51
Oooh, George Clooney would be nice!! Then we could weather the perfect storm together!!! :D

Sporran you can have him now...I am bored with him seeing as he has been here since Hogmany!;) x

Sporran
03-Jan-08, 20:08
One for the ladies. Who would you like to be snowed in with??

Oooh, George Clooney would be nice!! Then we could weather the perfect storm together!!!

Sporran you can have him now...I am bored with him seeing as he has been here since Hogmany!;) x

Thank you, Thumper, and I hope he didn't leave you with any bunnies in the oven! ;)

scorrie
03-Jan-08, 21:02
Thank you, Thumper, and I hope he didn't leave you with any bunnies in the oven! ;)

e word on e street is that Cheorge is a Chaffa, so no chance o rabbidies in e raeburn ;)

scorrie
03-Jan-08, 21:12
snow brings lots of pleasure to many many people!

Yes, but this is the other side of the coin:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7170031.stm

Ricco
03-Jan-08, 22:12
I love the stuff. Last great bit of snow I experienced was in 1976, in Devon. We were cut off at college for 4 days - wonderful. The snow was 8 ft deep in places.

obiron
03-Jan-08, 22:13
dont mind snow but its spoiled by the idiots who chuck the stuff at your house and those who have to spoil it by kicking over kids snowmen.

Metalattakk
03-Jan-08, 22:15
Yes, but this is the other side of the coin:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7170031.stm

Apparently, that other side of the coin just doesn't matter to some. [disgust]

superted
03-Jan-08, 22:50
Well thats it then ....no snow for superted and me yet !:( jan x

Still no sign jan, think we're going to miss out....:~(

paris
03-Jan-08, 22:55
Oh well we have a few months of winter yet so keep em crossed xx jan x

Sapphire2803
03-Jan-08, 23:23
Why are people getting so irate about people wishing we would/wouldn't get snow? The wishing won't make it happen. Therefore how can wishing for something be a selfish act? I'm sure that given those sort of powers, most people who DO want snow would wish for it to only fall in their own gardens.

For the record, I have arthritis and I would still like enough snow to build a snowman, because my children would love that. Also for the record, my mother who lives with us, is disabled and if she slipped and fell it would be a long stay in Raigmore for sure. As soon as she heard it might snow she asked if I would be able to get her outside to throw a few snowballs and watch the children build a snowman.

This from 2 women, who were snowed in for over a week about 20 years ago, our water supply froze and we had to trek 1 mile to the nearest neighbours and back every day with a milk churn to collect fresh water. Oh and by the way, at the time my father was in the late stages of parkinsons disease and the house we lived in had no central heating. We wrapped him and ourselves up and built the biggest snowman I have ever seen whilst laughing fit to burst.

Now then... how do you type blowing a raspberry... ;)

Metalattakk
03-Jan-08, 23:31
Now then... how do you type blowing a raspberry... ;)

I expect it's something like this: THBPPTH!

;)

helenwyler
03-Jan-08, 23:41
I expect it's something like this: THBPPTH!

Your raspberry may have a lithp MA! ;)

But I can't type the raspberry fricative either!

Metalattakk
03-Jan-08, 23:48
Well, if it's good enough for Bill Watterson, it's certainly good enough for me. :D

porshiepoo
04-Jan-08, 00:27
Just got back from Thurso and the snow was horrible!
I love the snow don't get me wrong but it's certainly not nice to drive in it. I feel rather disorientated now.
Fingers crossed for heaps of it when we don't have to drive though.

ks
04-Jan-08, 00:32

Metalattakk and Yoda the flump so I could laugh at Metalattakk as he kept falling off his non gritted soap box when we were pelting him with snowballs!

Metalattakk
04-Jan-08, 01:01
Now you know why I don't like the snow! Damn these slippery shoes...[lol]