PDA

View Full Version : Coast

Ricco
02-Jan-08, 21:29
I know this topic has been raised before but I am enthralled by this evening's session that it following the West Coast and islands, across the north to Shetland and then down the East Coast. Wonderful... I am transfixed by the bewitching beauty of the scenery.

Torvaig
02-Jan-08, 22:10
Yes, see the climb they did on the Old Man O' Hoy; amazing stuff......

percy toboggan
03-Jan-08, 18:49
Now, we are talking truly excellent telly.
Neil Oliver is superb and a natural.
The subject matter makes me proud to be 'of these islands'
Unique, and first class.

Whoever had the original idea for this series should be awarded a knighthood (if anyone should)

northener
03-Jan-08, 20:42
A good benchmark as to whether a series is really good is if you can flog it abroad.

I heard someone on the telly commenting on 'Coast' and saying it has been a phenomenal success abroad, too.

golach
03-Jan-08, 20:46
A good benchmark as to whether a series is really good is if you can flog it abroad.
I heard someone on the telly commenting on 'Coast' and saying it has been a phenomenal success abroad, too..
Coast is the type of programme the Beeb are best at.

Rheghead
03-Jan-08, 21:04
Didn't we all slate it 2 years ago about how they skipped over the good stuff up here and they concentrated on mischievous kids and the radioactive particles?:confused

Torvaig
03-Jan-08, 23:52
I don't think "we" were all that cruel........:)

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=10702&highlight=coast

percy toboggan
04-Jan-08, 18:19
Didn't we all slate it 2 years ago about how they skipped over the good stuff up here and they concentrated on mischievous kids and the radioactive particles?:confused

Some did, that's true R. Not me. It's always been a favoured prog of mine.
The concept is wonderful and I'm only surprised it's not been done before.
Quite simply it's fantastic, and even better since they replaced the English presenter Nick Crane and put the wee Scot in prime position - the guy is
superb. Educated Scots usually lend gravitas in a measured, enlightened way...the accent often suggests knowledge and insight. Oliver's sheer enthusiasm though is his trump card.

the second coming
04-Jan-08, 19:24
Coast is one of the few programs that I feel justify my TV licence.:confused I have been an avid watcher from the beginning. Memorable episodes are the lighthouses of SE England and gruesome goings on, the Old Man of Hoy (I've stood on her and know how hard it is:)), the episode on Lewis and the proposed AMEC wind farm. A good well balanced program that allows both sides of the arguement. Not like the misinformed rubbish that is posted on this forum, the episode on Staffa, the one detailing house prices on the coastline of Fife, and all the computer generated images. All exellent stuff, I love it. Coming from a small county with a coastline bigger than the whole of France's it was frustrating to see parts skipped over, but the stuff that wasn't was excellent. My only negative point. Why does that bloke insist on carrying his umbrella about on his back, even on the sunniest of days!!!