PDA

View Full Version : please snow!!!

dandod
02-Jan-08, 18:10
seen it on the news that much of the UK will be getting snow hopefully we are in line for it i hate the rain bring on the snow and lots of it!!!:)

superted
02-Jan-08, 18:11
Think we are due for it down here in Lincoln tomorrow....fingers crossed!!

dandod
02-Jan-08, 18:13
please please direct some uo north that would be very much appreciated!!:Razz

superted
02-Jan-08, 18:27
I'll start blowing now....lol

hope you get some

William
02-Jan-08, 19:27
seen it on the news that much of the UK will be getting snow hopefully we are in line for it i hate the rain bring on the snow and lots of it!!!:)

I totally agree snow the more the merrier please

kas
02-Jan-08, 19:38
From the forecasts it looks as if Caithness will miss any snow. I hope they are wrong though. Tuggs should be on soon to let us all know.

changilass
02-Jan-08, 19:47
Hope that if it does snow , the roads are clear for saturday, got a run to Perth to do, but when I am safely home I will join you all in the calls for snow and lots of it.

Tugmistress
02-Jan-08, 19:56
From the forecasts it looks as if Caithness will miss any snow. I hope they are wrong though. Tuggs should be on soon to let us all know.

You're right Kas, IF we get anything up here it will only be a quick flurry or two, but i doubt we'll even get that.
sorry folks, it ain't going to get white up here yet!

Metalattakk
02-Jan-08, 20:06
Excellent news, tugs. Last thing the elderly or disabled need is snow, even if it does look pretty. :roll:

Ash
02-Jan-08, 20:12
Excellent news, tugs. Last thing the elderly or disabled need is snow, even if it does look pretty. :roll:

my elderly grandparents love the snow!:D

sphinx
02-Jan-08, 20:14
cool snow forcast yeah!!!!!

Billy Boy
02-Jan-08, 20:17
Hope that if it does snow , the roads are clear for saturday, got a run to Perth to do, but when I am safely home I will join you all in the calls for snow and lots of it.

So are you saying as long as you are safe on the road, to heck with others who have to drive in it, or who do it for a living :confused

Ash
02-Jan-08, 20:19
So are you saying as long as you are safe on the road, to heck with others who have to drive in it, or who do it for a living :confused

dont think it was meant like that

Billy Boy
02-Jan-08, 20:25

dont think it was meant like that

How else could it of been meant?.............Its pretty self explanitory lol:roll:

ciderally
02-Jan-08, 20:26
did you have snow in caithness last year?

Ash
02-Jan-08, 20:28
How else could it of been meant?.............Its pretty self explanitory lol:roll:

i hardly think she or he is thinking aslong as i dont have an accident in the snow then i dont care about everyone else, such a silly remark...:confused

Billy Boy
02-Jan-08, 20:31
Just out of curiosity......................if all those who want snow got snowed in for up to 3 weeks would you still all be saying "great snow we love it" no you wouldnt.

You wouldnt get out to get to work
you wouldnt get out to get supplies
No lorries could get up with supplies to the shops
Elderly with just their pensions would be in a bad way

So why dont you all stop and think before you speak...ever heard be carefull what you wish for ????????

I can just hear all the moaning there would be then and just who would be doing all the moaning

Ash
02-Jan-08, 20:33
of course people dont want others to be in any harm, or snowed in for weeks, jst a wee bit of snow

angela5
02-Jan-08, 20:35
of course people dont want others to be in any harm, or snowed in for weeks, jst a wee bit of snow

Even a wee bit of snow can cause misery to the elderly and disabled.

superted
02-Jan-08, 20:35
Just out of curiosity......................if all those who want snow got snowed in for up to 3 weeks would you still all be saying "great snow we love it" no you wouldnt.

So why dont you all stop and think before you speak...ever heard be carefull what you wish for ????????

I can just hear all the moaning there would be then and just who would be doing all the moaning

Think someone got out the wrong side of bed this morning or has still a hangover after the festive period lol

connieb19
02-Jan-08, 20:37
It's okay wishing for snow if you dinna have to leave the house. For people who have no choice it's a nightmare. :roll:

Billy Boy
02-Jan-08, 20:39
wrong on both counts superted, yer super powers are no working right.

I just look at the reality of such situations, I have to drive for a living so i know only to well the hazards that it can incurr.

If only it was about making snowmen and snowball fights but i live in the grown up world lol:eek:

superted
02-Jan-08, 20:45
BB

Ah I thought my second guess might have been close lol

I haven't made a snowman in years, I do understand where you come from....I hate driving in the snow and I can't imagine how hard it is for the elderly.

unicorn
02-Jan-08, 20:48
As connie says snow is only nice if you don't have to go out in it.
I hate even being a passenger in the car when it's snowed or icy cos you just don't know who is coming round the next corner so for anyone driving for a living I would imagine it is a stressful time, as for anyone outdoors working in it, again not much fun at all.

dandod
02-Jan-08, 21:44

i like the snow but now i dont think it will snow for weeks.

quirbal
02-Jan-08, 21:48
Well I think there is more chance of winning the lottery than being snowed in for weeks. Wake up and smell the coffee, we are caithness not Alaska.[disgust]

Billy Boy
02-Jan-08, 21:59
the thread was only supposed to be a bit of fun but once again there is always somebody lurking in the wings who is going to spoil and try and get a rise out of people. ever heard of the saying glass half full instead of half empty?

so have your fun............. doesnt mean i have to agree with you.

Well I think there is more chance of winning the lottery than being snowed in for weeks. Wake up and smell the coffee, we are caithness not Alaska.[disgust]

So i need to wake up and smell the coffee..............why? Just because i dont like the snow or is it a case of dont disagree with us, In typical org fashion.........dont have your own opinion, agree with us all the time.
Well sorry to dissapoint.
The point of saying about being snowed in for weeks was to prove how people would hate it..........so who needs to wake up now.[disgust]

dandod
02-Jan-08, 22:01
so have your fun............. doesnt mean i have to agree with you.

So i need to wake up and smell the coffee..............why? Just because i dont like the snow or is it a case of dont disagree with us, In typical org fashion.........dont have your own opinion, agree with us all the time.
Well sorry to dissapoint.
The point of saying about being snowed in for weeks was to prove how people would hate it..........so who needs to wake up now.[disgust]

SNOWED IN??? I WOULD LOVE IT!!!![lol]

zappster
02-Jan-08, 22:02
After being offshore for christmas & new year last bloomin thing ah need is to be delayed gettin home cozza snow!It can snow all it likes when I get home!

dandod
02-Jan-08, 22:04
After being offshore for christmas & new year last bloomin thing ah need is to be delayed gettin home cozza snow!It can snow all it likes when I get home!
hope you get home safe before it starts:)but it now looks less likely that we will get any snow:~(

quirbal
02-Jan-08, 22:06
Well obviously this thread is for people who do like snow. So rather than than trying to start an arguement why dont you just ignore this thread and post in another thread for people who dont like snow.

dandod
02-Jan-08, 22:07
Well obviously this thread is for people who do like snow. So rather than than trying to start an arguement why dont you just ignore this thread and post in another thread for people who dont like snow.

perhaps on a thread

angela5
02-Jan-08, 22:08
perhaps on a different website???[lol]

That's a bit uncalled for.[disgust]

quirbal
02-Jan-08, 22:10

Thats a matter of opinion;)

dandod
02-Jan-08, 22:10

you are right but as billyboy said just voicing an opinion but if i have offended anyone i apologise.

badger
02-Jan-08, 22:24
I'm with those who don't want it. Very pretty to look at, maybe even walk in if you're not afraid of slipping, great fun for kids, but for anyone who fears broken bones or has to drive then it's no fun at all.

Now if someone could arrange for it just to fall on gardens, and maybe a few fields where it didn't inconvenience farmers, and the hills of course - that would be perfect.

quirbal
02-Jan-08, 22:33
Theres only one way to settle this, a poll. Let the majority speak.

dandod
02-Jan-08, 22:34
Theres only one way to settle this, a poll. Let the majority speak.

they dont call you a genius for nothing quirbal[lol]

ks
02-Jan-08, 23:50

I think that wouldn't give the snow haters as much satisfaction!

changilass
02-Jan-08, 23:59

I aint that selfish.

For crying out loud I was simply explaining why I wasn't joining in with the hope of snow just yet.

Whilst I understand the dangers of snow, it is still something I can get excited about, cant wait to see the wee mans face when we make our first snowman.

paris
03-Jan-08, 00:24
Think we are due for it down here in Lincoln tomorrow....fingers crossed!!
Think your right superted. Weve got all our logs in ready for the fire, nothing better than crisp white snow and a glowing fire in doors. jan x

scorrie
03-Jan-08, 01:44
If one desires snow, a move to Alaska may be in order. It kills birds and animals, breaks owld wifies legs, traps people in their homes, makes the papers late, cancels the fitba, calls off race meetings, stops the lorries getting in with supplies.

Oh, but look, it's BONNY!! Ooh, ma heart melts and a vision of chestnuts roasting on an open fire pervades my soul.

My cat is stuck to the back doorstep, my fire won't light, there is a powercut and the re-scheduled Celtic/Rangers game is off again. Still the batteries are in the tranny and paraffin flavoured stew is on the menu. I chisel my Granny off the sideboard in time to catch Terry Wogan but the bairns won't settle. Over the airwaves a familiar tune starts up......

"Oh the weather outside is frightful
but the kids are flaming spiteful
and since we've no place to go
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"

DeHaviLand
03-Jan-08, 01:55
Well, its snowing here now. Some get their wish, some dont.

Fran
03-Jan-08, 02:46
Lets just wish for snow on a Sunday, that should please everyone surely.

shazzap
03-Jan-08, 09:18
We have snow.
I woke up this morning to a thin covering of snow on the ground rooftops and cars.

paris
03-Jan-08, 09:26
Not even a flake YET here in lincs jan x

shazzap
03-Jan-08, 09:31
It's started to snow again the flakes are quite big and coming down quite fast.

I hope this isn't here for too long, it looks nice but it causes havoc.

superted
03-Jan-08, 11:24
Not even a flake YET here in lincs jan x

I know jan, think we might just miss out...:mad:

karia
03-Jan-08, 12:28
Snowing on and off here in Falkirk!:(

badger
03-Jan-08, 13:42
Lets just wish for snow on a Sunday, that should please everyone surely.

Not really Fran - still lots of people have to work, as in shops, and there are still some of us like to go to church :) . Admittedly the latter is a choice for most Christians but there are some who have to be there if there's going to be a service. Added hazard for those who have to drive on Sundays is the roads are less likely to be gritted.

Good try but you can't please everyone. Might be some who don't even fancy the idea of selective snow but it would keep me happy.

Angela
03-Jan-08, 13:50
Flurries here, some quite heavy, but I'm really hoping the snow won't lie.

For those of us who're not all that nimble on our pins, slush on roads and pavements - especially when it's not cleared away and it ices up- is very dangerous and pretty much a nightmare! :( [evil]

paris
03-Jan-08, 14:27
Its almost 1.30pm and still no snow yet ! jan x:(

karia
03-Jan-08, 14:34
Hi Jan,

Wish I could wrap it up and send it to you!

It's falling most freely her and it is very very dark outside so quite eerie really...like being trapped in a nightscene snowglobe!:eek:

Let me out and for god's sake don't shake me!:(

superted
03-Jan-08, 14:46
Jan,

8 or 9 o clock tonight...if we are lucky:D

sphinx
03-Jan-08, 15:17
well its cold enough for it e day!!!!

paris
03-Jan-08, 17:28
Jan,

8 or 9 o clock tonight...if we are lucky:D
YIPPI! GOT MY HAT AND GLOVES AT THE READY ! JAN X:Razz

ks
04-Jan-08, 00:17
Doesn't look like it will be coming tonight, better keep out fingers crossed tomorrow.

Tugmistress
04-Jan-08, 07:05
I was bored earlier so decided to go to inverness for a run and take some photographs of the castle lit up, left about 10pm and got back about an hour ago now i think, there is some snow by the windmills on the causewaymire, that's the worst bit, both when i went and when i came back, there's little flurries and drifts here and there but i don't think it'll last for anyone to go play in.

hell raizer
04-Jan-08, 10:38
when i looked out the window at 2 am the ground was white, but it was all gone by 4 am :lol:

golach
04-Jan-08, 10:45
No snow or slush in Auld Reekie.....................Great!!!!!!!

Angela
04-Jan-08, 10:55

...thankfully! :)

so I can get to the hairdressers without the likelihood of breaking a leg and my daughter can get here for her birthday meal this evening. :D

Apologies, all you snow lovers, any bad weather makes makes life so difficult for me...and for everyone else who's less than averagely mobile.

If only it would snow just on the grass, and not on the roads and pavements.......!

canuck
04-Jan-08, 17:39

golach, those huge blobs falling from the sky yesterday and that white stuff all over the ground and covering the hills now is called snow. Slush will come later.

Mister Squiggle
04-Jan-08, 18:46
Given all this snow talk, what I want to know is WHAT DOES TUGMISTRESS SAY? Frankly, hers is the only weather report that counts in our house. Is she off on a Christmas sabbatical? We are in dire need of her forecasting wisdom here.

Tugmistress
04-Jan-08, 19:01
Given all this snow talk, what I want to know is WHAT DOES TUGMISTRESS SAY? Frankly, hers is the only weather report that counts in our house. Is she off on a Christmas sabbatical? We are in dire need of her forecasting wisdom here.

was off on a photo sabbatical last night/this morning but no, i am here :) i posted a couple of days ago on this thread (i think, sorry had no sleep yet and can't remember properly lol) that if we got anything it would be a quick flurry and nothing to get excited about. No snow showing for the next week for here anyway, but i promise i will let you know if i think we will get some :)
and thank you for the vote of confidence, it's very appreciated.

Mister Squiggle
04-Jan-08, 19:33
Thanks for that Tugmistress - seriously, we go by your weather warnings far more than the BBC/met office ones, so its nice to see you again! :D