PDA

View Full Version : How daft have you been?

veekay
31-Dec-07, 19:10
Now I know the festive season is a busy one for all of us but having just discovered a really daft thing I forgot to do I was wondering who else has forgotten to do something that should have been done.

What was it - nothing much I have just found a bag full of the Christmas cards that I thought I had posted off!

karia
31-Dec-07, 19:43
Gosh Veekay..I don't need a festive Holiday to do daft things, it's more of a year round activity with me!;)

anneoctober
31-Dec-07, 20:04
ok then, I've been looking for 2 christmas presents that I bought for a couple of family friends and as they're coming over for dinner tomorrow, thought I'd better look them out ( having previously wrapped them)............ Neither high or low can I find them. So having bought "online" logged in to see where my stuff was.............:eek: OMG. Guess whose order was still in the "basket"???? What an eejit ! I even convinced myself I'd wrapped them up in lovely robin paper........... :roll:

pat
31-Dec-07, 20:30
Made two huge bowls of fruit salad to take to relations for Christmas, put it in the fridge in dining room, do not use the fridge unless I have visitors.
Completely forgot where I had put the salads when it was time to go - searched the kitchen, garage, freezer, dining room, spare bedrooms - going bananas thinking I had not made them but knew I had really. Going out door to car remembered - who felt a prize idiot, half an hour late due to searching!

rockchick
31-Dec-07, 20:58
This is a really well-timed thread! I had hidden a present for my husband - so well that I couldn't find it in time for Christmas. I ignored it, as I'd got other things, but kept an eye out...but couldn't find it anywhere! Anyways, today, I mentioned to my (long-suffering) hubby that I couldn't find the shirt I'd picked out for him for Christmas, and he says "oh, it's in the back of the wardrobe where you'd left it weeks ago!" So much for good hiding places...when the recipient finds them better than you! Argh

Thumper
31-Dec-07, 22:09
I am still looking for a present I had hidden.....lord knows where I hid it :eek:x

the charlatans
31-Dec-07, 22:39
dunno if i should own up to this or not... but.

we had our first Christmas dinner in our house, had mum round and we were cooking up a storm. I made the prawn cocktail (fresh squat lobsters and crab - yum) and put it in the fridge. Got obsessed about the timing of the turkey and the vegetables. Half way through eating the main course we realised we'd forgotten to eat the starter. Doh.

It made a tasty pudding.

northener
31-Dec-07, 23:37
I am still looking for a present I had hidden.....lord knows where I hid it :eek:x

Probably right at the back of your burrow under the bracken bed.....

Liz
31-Dec-07, 23:38
ok then, I've been looking for 2 christmas presents that I bought for a couple of family friends and as they're coming over for dinner tomorrow, thought I'd better look them out ( having previously wrapped them)............ Neither high or low can I find them. So having bought "online" logged in to see where my stuff was............. OMG. Guess whose order was still in the "basket"???? What an eejit ! I even convinced myself I'd wrapped them up in lovely robin paper........... :roll:

Brilliant!!! Thanks for the laugh.:lol:

Have a dram. Think you need it!!!

Torvaig
31-Dec-07, 23:43
ok then, I've been looking for 2 christmas presents that I bought for a couple of family friends and as they're coming over for dinner tomorrow, thought I'd better look them out ( having previously wrapped them)............ Neither high or low can I find them. So having bought "online" logged in to see where my stuff was.............:eek: OMG. Guess whose order was still in the "basket"???? What an eejit ! I even convinced myself I'd wrapped them up in lovely robin paper...........

Ah, just tell them you posted the parcels over a week ago! ;)

Ricco
01-Jan-08, 09:18
This is a really well-timed thread! I had hidden a present for my husband - so well that I couldn't find it in time for Christmas. I ignored it, as I'd got other things, but kept an eye out...but couldn't find it anywhere! Anyways, today, I mentioned to my (long-suffering) hubby that I couldn't find the shirt I'd picked out for him for Christmas, and he says "oh, it's in the back of the wardrobe where you'd left it weeks ago!" So much for good hiding places...when the recipient finds them better than you! Argh

This made me chuckle, Rockchick. The number of times my wife does this... hee, hee!

johno
01-Jan-08, 14:00
[quote=anneoctober;316386]ok then, I've been looking for 2 christmas presents that I bought for a couple of family friends and as they're coming over for dinner tomorrow, thought I'd better look them out ( having previously wrapped them)............ Neither high or low can I find them. So having bought "online" logged in to see where my stuff was............. OMG. Guess whose order was still in the "basket"???? What an eejit ! I even convinced myself I'd wrapped them up in lovely robin paper Do I recall you telling me that you were a blonde ,Anne [lol] [lol]

paris
01-Jan-08, 15:06
How bad do i feel at confesing to this ! Our 7yr old grandson lives with us and i had done all the prezzie shopping, wrapped and hidden till the big day . Christmas mornings here and were all opening the gifts. Grandson says to me wheres my prezzie nanny from you and grandad...GULP ! yep i had forgotten to get him anything. Im so embarrassed , poor little sod. Oh well its of to the shops with him next week to make up for my blonde moment. Jan x

sassylass
02-Jan-08, 04:14
Was rushing to catch the train up to a friend's for Hogmanay dinner, and just as daughter dropped me off and drove away I saw in my mind's eye: the bag full of cheese, crackers, champers, party clackers on the kitchen table where I'd left them :roll:
Good thing Safeway was open on the other end, bless them, [lol]

karia
02-Jan-08, 13:55
New Years day I stuck my head in my dad's oven to check if the cocktail sausages were ready...forgetting it was fan assisted!:roll:

Whoosh and farewell eyebrows!:eek:

Bobinovich
02-Jan-08, 14:26
OH made a big hoo-ha about forgetting to order chipolatas to go with Christmas lunch, so we made sure we got them for the New Year roast instead.

She then forgot to put them in :lol:

anneoctober
02-Jan-08, 15:25
[quote=johno;316618][quote=anneoctober;316386]ok then, I've been looking for 2 christmas presents that I bought for a couple of family friends and as they're coming over for dinner tomorrow, thought I'd better look them out ( having previously wrapped them)............ Neither high or low can I find them. So having bought "online" logged in to see where my stuff was............. OMG. Guess whose order was still in the "basket"???? What an eejit ! I even convinced myself I'd wrapped them up in lovely robin paper Do I recall you telling me that you were a blonde ,Anne /quote]
I did stupidly confess that............ and also in the "basket" was the lovely robin paper......:eek: However the guests were well plied with food and alcohol and some more alcohol and the "pressies" were glossed over! Now if you excuse me, I have to watch for the postie.............