PDA

View Full Version : Autograss Startup

snowgoose
31-Dec-07, 16:01
Hi All,

Iv just been looking into Autograss racing and thought that it may be something i could get organised up here.

Just wondering what everyone thought of the idea and who would be interested?

Autograss is a non-contact motorsport that takes place on an oval (approximately 400 metre) track using a natural soil surface. Due to the close nature of the racing, thrills and spills are never far away. There are several differing classes of car, from near standard minis or small hatchbacks through to spaceframed single seaters with monster V8 or twin motorbike power! Up to 10 cars start on a straight line grid and race over short 4-8 lap races. This results in the major meetings, most of which are staged over 2 days, offering upwards of 200 races. All classes normally race through qualifying heats and finals and, if time permits, open races where different classes race against each other

bosco
07-Jan-08, 14:21
their is a autograss club down in fife where i live,the web site is www.scottish-autograss.co.uk (http://www.scottish-autograss.co.uk). they have very good meetings ,drivers coming from england to take part, very cheap to get in and watch £5 per car

buggyracer
07-Jan-08, 15:25
I BELEIVE THERE IS SOOME FORM OF CLUB. whether they are still racing i am unsure? i dont think they had class separation though? id be interested in joining should you get it up and running.

snowgoose
13-Jan-08, 02:50
I am currently doing more research into a start up. Just working out what is needed and costs, then will let everyone know whats happening