PDA

View Full Version : project bikers

alcyjohn
31-Dec-07, 13:38
i was just wondering if anyone in wick knows of any bike groups that work and restore old bikes and if not if there is anyone that would that would be willing to start such a workshop with myself please let me know or even if you have a possible donar motorcycle lying about that you want rid of would be willing to pay not to much though please let me know

paris
31-Dec-07, 15:34
Such a shame we dont live up there anymore, hubby would of been right there with you . We had a triumph bonny t140 while up there but had no one to go out rideing with, have now sold it and have a kawasaki vn 1500 cruiser. Its much better for the old bones now a days but weve owned many old british bikes in the past. Hope someone takes you up on the project. jan x

alcyjohn
31-Dec-07, 16:38
that is a shame i drive a yamaha xv 1100 virago myself its a cruiser to comfort is lethal

highbury
31-Dec-07, 16:42
I think there must be something "comfy Chair" about the Vulcan, I also no longer have Triumphs but have a VN15 , as you say easier on the bones!, Shame you had no-one to ride with in Caithness, My time there is what inspired me to get back on two wheels !!

paris
31-Dec-07, 17:20
Hope to come up early summer so would be great to meet up to go for a spin, but give me 2 days to get over the shock of 600+ miles with grinding bones lol jan x

singysmum
31-Dec-07, 19:54
Hi alcyjohn,

We came up here 18months ago and as most of our friends from our previous life were biking and bike building enthusiasts we have looked around up here for a likeminded group - you know the sort - rooting about in the back of a garage/shed for that small part that will make all the difference to your project. Unfortunately we seem to have been looking in the wrong place because we haven't met any bikers who have built their bikes from 'bits'. There is the Classic Bike club but not sure that is the group you would be thinking about. Hubby now rides a Valkyrie and I just had to sell my Dragstar but if you would like to come over and have a brew with us and a bit of 'bike talk' please pm me and we will meet.
Cheers Helen and Rick

alcyjohn
31-Dec-07, 20:22
its something im definately going to do in the new year im trying to get my bike painted at the moment so ill get that out of the way first then hopefully ill get my shed built and find a project bike and a few like minded people i have a bike in mind that would make a good streetfighter project

alcyjohn
31-Dec-07, 20:24
the comfort on cruiser is great but they turn heads better than any other bikes

salty
31-Dec-07, 23:47
just love me scooter used to have a bike years ago but as soon as i had ride on me scooter i fell in love with 2 wheels truly ;)