PDA

View Full Version : Who annoyed you most?

Angela
30-Dec-07, 12:56
I've been pondering what's been in the news this last year -and who (or what story) annoyed me most!

I still feel the Paris Hilton in jail/out of jail/back in jail/out again - and found God! -story irritated me most, although Tony Blair's protracted farewell tour took some beating. :roll:

Many of the most annoying stories were the ones where folk couldn't seem to make up their minds -e.g. Prince Harry's going to Iraq/no he isn't/yes he is/oh no he didn't...or Gordon Brown will call an early election/no he won't/yes he will/ oh no he hasn't......endless fruitless speculation and no real story at all. :(

Who or what annoyed other Orgers most?

starry
30-Dec-07, 13:00
It would be easier for me to list who didn't annoy me !

wifie
30-Dec-07, 13:14
Any 'celebrity' garbage!!!

northener
30-Dec-07, 13:26
Who or what annoyed other Orgers most?

Me?

Absolutely everybody on Caithness.Org;)

Angela
30-Dec-07, 13:50
Me?

Absolutely everybody on Caithness.Org;)

Oh, Northener.....I could see the answer "YOU, Angela!" coming a mile away :eek: -that's why I said "in the news".....!

dandod
30-Dec-07, 13:57
Heather Mills (Lady Mucca) it will be very hard to beat her annoying factor.her appearance on GMTV was both very annoying and gringeworthy best acting i have seen for years give her an oscar!!

mccaugm
30-Dec-07, 13:58
Posh Spice..

Tony Blair...

George Bush...

Nuff said![evil]

northener
30-Dec-07, 14:44
Oh, Northener.....I could see the answer "YOU, Angela!" coming a mile away :eek: -that's why I said "in the news".....!

I annoy myself for not reading posts properly......

anneoctober
30-Dec-07, 15:11
Angela, what a leading question.... However for me it has to be Britney Spears. What on earth are her "family" thinking ? Something has gone terribly wrong here and there are two wee boys to consider. I'm not sure that her Ex is n't playing on her behaviour to show himself in a good light , particularly as he was n't (alledgedly) the best hubby in the world. Ordinary americans are down to earth and bring their kids up to be respectful and well mannered, give these "stars" money and all commonsense seems to drain from their brains. High time Britney's parents gave her and her sister the love , compassion and guidance they so obviously need and then maybe their own kids will stand a better chance in life. [disgust]
Errrrr, sorry, did n't mean to rant......:o

hotrod4
30-Dec-07, 15:25
That antony cotton guy from corrie who is so false and his chat show was dire!!!!!

Margaret M.
30-Dec-07, 15:30
Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Brittney Spears and the like just need to go away. I guess the people who buy the rubbish printed about them annoy me since they are the ones keeping them in the spotlight.

j4bberw0ck
30-Dec-07, 15:43
Britney Spears. What on earth are her "family" thinking ?

Anne, did you see about a week ago that an American publisher quietly pulled publication of a parenting guide written by (are you sitting down?) Britney's mother. The last straw was when Britney's 15 year old sister turned up pregnant.......

Sometimes, it's difficult to know whether to laugh or cry :lol::lol:

orkneylass
30-Dec-07, 16:07
Adreed but I also think there is a strong chance Britney is genuinely mentally ill and needs proper help. Very hard to force an adult to do this.

anneoctober
30-Dec-07, 16:16
Adreed but I also think there is a strong chance Britney is genuinely mentally ill and needs proper help. Very hard to force an adult to do this.
I 'm sure you are right Orkneylass, I'm sure in my own mind that Britney is mentally ill. As the lass cannot help herself, someone has got to do the responsible thing and be a mother or in this case a true friend, and guide her towards help and away from these idiots that surround her. Trust me, been there, done that and hate seeing other folks suffer so publicly.:(

Yoda the flump
30-Dec-07, 16:33
Alan Green - Have you ever listened to any of his England football commentaries on the radio?

Now, I'm all for supporting your home country and if he was English then I could understand it but the guy is Irish.

You would swear that he was born within spitting distance of Wembley, had 100 England caps and was there record goal scorer.

His world can tumbling down against Croatia!

Rheghead
30-Dec-07, 16:34
Sometimes, it's difficult to know whether to laugh or cry :lol::lol:

I see you had no such difficulty.

For me the most annoying are Amy winehouse and that witless ponce who is going out with Kate Moss.

johno
30-Dec-07, 16:42
For me it has to be the Org mod,s. No question about that. [disgust]
But i must have been a thorn in their butts to,,,,,,[lol] HEH HEH HEH.

northener
30-Dec-07, 17:17
Anyone who is described as a 'celebrity' as opposed to an actor or a singer.

Especially the ones who crave media attention (surely this must be a good way of deciding wether someone deserves to be described as a 'celeb' or not) and prostitute their whole pointless existence to get it.

And invariably appear on slack-jawed chat shows blubbering about how the media 'destroyed' their lives shortly after.....

Bananas
30-Dec-07, 19:32
The usual, Blair, McCanns,Posh Spice and that (ex)McCartney woman and ........ you people who don't reply to my questions on the Genealogy thread (You know who you are) Wish I did! Happy new Year

quirbal
30-Dec-07, 19:37
Alan Green - Have you ever listened to any of his England football commentaries on the radio?

Now, I'm all for supporting your home country and if he was English then I could understand it but the guy is Irish.

You would swear that he was born within spitting distance of Wembley, had 100 England caps and was there record goal scorer.

His world can tumbling down against Croatia!

It's not his fault, at the moment the english football team needs all the support it can get.[lol][lol]

badger
30-Dec-07, 20:33
Bush and Blair. Thank goodness we don't have to listen to Blair so much and hopefully soon Bush will disappear. Gordon Brown - why does he look at a corner of the floor when he's being interviewed? Could someone please tell him where the camera is?

As for all those wannabe celebriteeeees, poor things - so sad. "My life is over - I can't be famous." Go and get a real life.

karia
30-Dec-07, 20:39
Bush and Blair. Thank goodness we don't have to listen to Blair so much and hopefully soon Bush will disappear. Gordon Brown - why does he look at a corner of the floor when he's being interviewed? Could someone please tell him where the camera is?

As for all those wannabe celebriteeeees, poor things - so sad. "My life is over - I can't be famous." Go and get a real life.

Hi badger,

Sadly, I think we all know why Gordon Brown can't look us in the eye!:roll:

OMG..he's morphing into Nigel Lawson.:eek:

Angela
30-Dec-07, 20:47

I do find so-called but talentless celebs the worst - especially as their attention seeking antics seem to be encroaching more and more into the general news.

Politicians - well, I do expect them to be in the news -but it's so often for the wrong reasons, and politicians aspiring to be celebriteeeeees are the worst of all I think. :roll:

karia
30-Dec-07, 21:05
I do find so-called but talentless celebs the worst - especially as their attention seeking antics seem to be encroaching more and more into the general news.

Politicians - well, I do expect them to be in the news -but it's so often for the wrong reasons, and politicians aspiring to be celebriteeeeees are the worst of all I think. :roll:

But celebs don't promise to do anything but entertain us..and even at their worst they fulfill that contract for a lot of people.

I don't elect my politicians to entertain me.

northener
30-Dec-07, 21:10
But celebs don't promise to do anything but entertain us..and even at their worst they fulfill that contract for a lot of people.

Celebrities entertain?

Who on earth told you that?:eek:

Wicked child! Wash your mouth out with soap!

Angela
30-Dec-07, 21:12

I don't elect my politicians to entertain me.

That was my point, karia - I don't want politicians to do anything other than what they're elected to do, but they often seem to feel their jobs turn them into celebs...style becomes more important than substance.

I've nothing but praise for the many actors, musicians and other entertainers who work hard and whose talents we enjoy - I did say I was talking about "talentless celebs" -those who are famous for being famous. :(

karia
30-Dec-07, 21:21
Celebrities entertain?

Who on earth told you that?

Wicked child! Wash your mouth out with soap!

They don't entertain me northener..but I have heard tell!:roll:

.....and it's strange you should mention Soap!;)

XX

karia
30-Dec-07, 21:28
That was my point, karia - I don't want politicians to do anything other than what they're elected to do, but they often seem to feel their jobs turn them into celebs...style becomes more important than substance.

I've nothing but praise for the many actors, musicians and other entertainers who work hard and whose talents we enjoy - I did say I was talking about "talentless celebs" -those who are famous for being famous. :(

Was agreeing with you Angela and pointing out that even the least charming 'celebs' are fulfilling their job description in some sad way...unlike the politicians...who seem to take their roles much more lightly!

northener
30-Dec-07, 21:28
Hmmm...

I wouldn't want to stick any 'Soaps' in my mouth.

I can think of somewhere I would like to stick them, though.....

caithnessgirl
30-Dec-07, 22:18
The John Smeato guy (baggage handler) who knocked out the terrorist at glasgow airport. Give credit where it is due yes, he did a good thing, but its been taken way overboard...meeting the PM, president, celebrity status, a newspaper column (allbeit in the sun) bla bla bla...

Good on him for what he did but he hasnt exactly brought world peace! and tbh i'm sick of seein/hearin about him

Also the Mccanns stories ever changing each day in the paper got rather tedious too...[disgust]

justine
30-Dec-07, 22:20
Britney "I am so selfish" Spears..Needs to get her head out the hole its stuck in and get her kids back....

botheed
30-Dec-07, 22:24
dancing on ice:eek:man its tosh

DeHaviLand
31-Dec-07, 00:08
Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Amy Winehouse, Pete Docherty, my 2nd ex-wife, Tony Blair. In no particular order :)

anneoctober
31-Dec-07, 01:00
dancing on ice:eek:man its tosh
to quote an " X " factor contestant.................... " NO WAY ! " it's fab, as is Strictly ![lol]

Kenn
31-Dec-07, 01:17
The people that annoyed me most in the last year are those that hide behind the bullet and the bomb, the cowards of this world.
I can chose if I want to read or be bored by the media coverage of the so called celebrities and the politicians but I cannot bring life back to the dead.
I cannot save a single innocent life and there are thousands dying every day.
We are so fortunate that we live in a relatively safe enviroment and have time to carp on about the little things of life.so please the next time you see some daft numpty making a fool of themselves spare a thought for those who have no choice in the despair of their lives.who's families are starving,divided by war and theology.
Sorry to put a damper on the thread but that's how I feel.

Anne x
31-Dec-07, 02:20
well Blair Bush Salmond and going a bit of thread my new resolution last year was to buy no Glossy mags ever in 2007
I read them at hairdressers free now and at least
I stuck to that and proud of it and saved a pound or two it is what keeps the "celebrity " hype going as long as we buy it they print it

Margaret M.
31-Dec-07, 02:34
We are so fortunate that we live in a relatively safe enviroment and have time to carp on about the little things of life.so please the next time you see some daft numpty making a fool of themselves spare a thought for those who have no choice in the despair of their lives.who's families are starving,divided by war and theology.

The word annoyed isn't nearly strong enough to describe my feelings on those who are suffering all over this world. Commenting on the little irritations in life does not mean that I ever forget their plight and how fortunate I am. Now and then a fluffy, wee escape from the more serious issues in life is good for one's mental health.

Angela
31-Dec-07, 11:25
The people that annoyed me most in the last year are those that hide behind the bullet and the bomb, the cowards of this world.
I can chose if I want to read or be bored by the media coverage of the so called celebrities and the politicians but I cannot bring life back to the dead.
I cannot save a single innocent life and there are thousands dying every day.

Lizz, I don't disagree, that's really why I deliberately chose the word "annoyed" rather than anything stronger - I'd just been thinking about who and what had irritated me the most over the year, rather than about the dreadful things that make me weep with rage and sadness.

That's partly why I do get so, yes, annoyed by the cult of celebrity, but at the same time I think everyone does need some good light entertainment at times, especially folk who are going through difficult personal times.

The human race just can't bear too much exposure to the worst realities, particularly things we can do nothing about, we would go mad.

paris
31-Dec-07, 15:46
All the soaps that OH watches, you know whats coming in every episode. And all the ungrateful people in the world who have more than most and let you know about it ! jan x