PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Chan`s Chinese Restaurant

poppett
29-Dec-07, 15:24
Visited the above venue last night with another couple and a very lively 4 year old. We had a round table with a carousel for the dishes to sit on and swivel round. We all chose something different and shared it round like a mini banquet.

Service with a smile, reasonable prices, big portions.....brilliant.

Charlie even arranged a main course which was not on the menu and it was no trouble at all.

We regularly have carry outs from Charlie`s, but the sit in was lovely too.

unicorn
29-Dec-07, 15:56
it is lovely to sit in for a meal, very relaxed and nothing is too much bother.

dragonfly
29-Dec-07, 17:38
oooh Poppet, you came in just as we were waiting for our takeaway!! would have said hello had I known :lol:

Charlie was telling us its his last week in the restaurant and that next week he is moving back to Perth, but the restaraunt is still being run by his family - hope they are as successful as he was, he'll be missed

Buttercup
29-Dec-07, 21:31
Used to love a "Charlie Chan" but had my favourite Sweet & Sour Chicken the other night and was really disappointed. They've changed the sauce! It used to be sweet and "jammy" in texture but instead it was runny and exceedingly vinegary and the chicken, which used to melt in your mouth was tough and had a "funny" taste, I just couldn't eat it at all.[mad] Another family member had the ribs which were so tough they went to the bin. Will be giving it a miss now.