PDA

View Full Version : Easter Eggs AHHHHH!!!

neepnipper
29-Dec-07, 14:10
Thought I was seeing things in Woolies today, they have Easter eggs for sale, for goodness sake can't we get Christmas and New Year over with first!

karia
29-Dec-07, 14:24
Yup! Noticed them in Morrisons yesterday!:eek:

Time goes by quite quickly enough without this...Halloween masks anyone!:lol:

northener
29-Dec-07, 15:55
Can't we find some rabid Christian fundamentalist who's prepared to blow himself and a lot of Easter eggs up?[evil]

sam
29-Dec-07, 16:00
I'm more surprised that anyone finds it surprising that there are easter eggs in the shops,:eek: its been the same every year for as far back as i can remember, as soon as christmas is over its sales advertised on the telly, holidays advertised in the paper & easter eggs in the shops:confused

neepnipper
29-Dec-07, 16:06
I can recall seeing Easter eggs mid January but not this early, just a bit ridiculous, can't be a case of 'buy now to avoid disappointment'!!??

Thumper
29-Dec-07, 16:21
I saw creme eggs in the shops over a month ago....much to my delight ;) x

northener
29-Dec-07, 16:23
Marketing promotions for the mindless sheep who will buy what they are told to buy and when to buy it.......

It's always been like that to some degree, I suppose, but it certainly is becoming a relentless consumer feeding frenzy.[disgust]

Maybe if we took to the streets and demanded the death sentance for marketing directors who sought to profit from Our Lord Jesus Christ - we'd get somewhere.

That seems to get the attention of the media, anyway!

northener
29-Dec-07, 16:25

Ah, now there would have to be a special exemption regarding creme eggs.

BTW, Is it just me or are they a lot more sickly than they used to be?

Thumper
29-Dec-07, 16:29
Northener,you may be right there Hun...but how can they be more sickly when they are half the size they used to be :confused: :) x

floyed
29-Dec-07, 16:52
It doesn't surprise me that they are in the shops, but it is to early i wont be buying any till easter (if i do i will end up eating them and having to buy them all over again :D!!).

unicorn
29-Dec-07, 16:55
It doesn't surprise me that they are in the shops, but it is to early i wont be buying any till easter (if i do i will end up eating them and having to buy them all over again :D!!).

maybe thats the whole marketing strategy :lol:

paris
29-Dec-07, 17:01
Me to Thumper ...YUM YUM !!! jan x

Thumper
29-Dec-07, 17:04
The worst thing is my son loves them deep fried....:eek: he gets the local chip shop to do it for him...yuck! AND worse than that he is SOOOooo slim! x

cuddlepop
29-Dec-07, 17:10
Easter's early this year maybe thats why there out so soon.
But before January :confused

Thumper
29-Dec-07, 17:14
The good thing is,they will be short dated, so more excuse to eat them quickly come easter! ;) x

cmack
29-Dec-07, 17:49
does it actually bother people that they are out so early?
if so, why?

badger
29-Dec-07, 18:04
If they're in Somerfield then they're a bit late for Christmas - remember this story last April ?

A supermarket chain got itself into a huge muddle over the meaning of Easter yesterday in its attempt to sell more chocolate eggs.
“Brits are set to spend a massive £520 million on Easter eggs this year — but many young people don’t even know what Easter’s all about,” said the press release from Somerfield after a survey.
It then went on to claim that the tradition of giving Easter eggs was to celebrate the “birth” of Christ.

karia
29-Dec-07, 18:09
does it actually bother people that they are out so early?
if so, why?

Hi cmack,

At your age life goes at a gentle decent pace..as one gets older it starts to whizz past at an alarming rate (you'll see)!:eek:

We 'oldies' hate to have things speeded up still further by the untimely arrival of the next festive calendar landmark while we are still digesting the last!;)

TBH
29-Dec-07, 18:19
Let's have Christmas at easter, Halloween at Christmas and easter at Halloween.

northener
29-Dec-07, 18:34
Just one long Halloween would be better!

cmack
29-Dec-07, 19:03
Hi cmack,

At your age life goes at a gentle decent pace..as one gets older it starts to whizz past at an alarming rate (you'll see)!:eek:

We 'oldies' hate to have things speeded up still further by the untimely arrival of the next festive calendar landmark while we are still digesting the last!;)

well, to be fair, easter is still going to be at the same time of year, just means you have a little longer to go out and get ready for it.

you don't have to, just means the option is there

karia
29-Dec-07, 19:14
well, to be fair, easter is still going to be at the same time of year, just means you have a little longer to go out and get ready for it.

you don't have to, just means the option is there

True!

But before then I have:

Hogmanay

New Year's day

My Best pal's birthday

Valentine's Day

My mum's 81st birthday

My BIL's birthday

My SIL's birthday

And...My own birthday to contend with!:eek:

Also.... and importantly..I don't celebrate Easter!:lol:

bluelady
29-Dec-07, 22:19
I told you at Halloween they would ! [lol]

karia
29-Dec-07, 22:29
My personal fondness is for 'toffee and mallow' eggs.

I was working an unforgiving job and the 'now' mr Karia would drop by and ask if I cared for some chocolate.:)

I have avoided every cliche in the book and then some..to bring you this post!;)

pie man
30-Dec-07, 17:22
my freind has already bought his! i mean whats the point..There's still a few months..

Angela
30-Dec-07, 17:42
Much though I love chocolate :D....I do think it's such a shame that we seem to have lost almost all sense of the changing seasons -every year now seems to have become a series of events hyped up for commercial gain....:(

nanoo
30-Dec-07, 18:07
Northener,you may be right there Hun...but how can they be more sickly when they are half the size they used to be :confused: :) x
I think that is true Thumper, they ARE half the size they used to be. I wondered why in recent years, when i had eaten one that i could fairly have scoffed another. Thats why, Thumper. Errrr does this mean i can buy 2 cadburys cream eggs now and not feel guilty?