PDA

View Full Version : New years Honours

hotrod4
29-Dec-07, 07:39
The new years Honours list is published today.

Who do you think deserves a gong?

Glad to see Parky get something.One good thing about it is that ordinary people get recognition for their efforts.

Maybe give one to me so I can flog it on ebay ;)

Ricco
29-Dec-07, 09:58
Not me... Riccoobe sounds like a breed of dog, Riccombe sounds like a Devon valley and Riccocbe sounds like a wine.

bekisman
29-Dec-07, 10:13
I see a couple folk got awards for 'services to hairdressing' there's hope for me yet!

Cattach
29-Dec-07, 10:50
I see a couple folk got awards for 'services to hairdressing' there's hope for me yet!

Have not sen the list yet. Did they get it for cutting Billy Connolly's hair and beard? Or maybe his rather dirty toungue.

coppertop 1958
29-Dec-07, 14:48
just to let you know i got a OBE to day ..one boiled egg ...hahaha sorry had to say it ....tomorrow i have more eggs so that be more boiled egg ...MBE...

j4bberw0ck
29-Dec-07, 15:11
The Director of the Child Benefit and Tax Credit Office of HM Revenue & Customs got an honour - a CBE, I believe - which isn't bad after his department lost data on 25 million people and presided over chaos in Tax Credits. And he still has a job, and a gold-plated public sector index-linked pension scheme.

Incompetence in public service carries rich rewards.

johno
29-Dec-07, 15:37
I reckon the council employee that sweep,s our street aught to get a gong in the new years honour,s list. the mess left here [we,re on the flight path to tesco,s] is always cleaned up and HE doe,s do a good job unlike the other nominee,s & status grabber,s, :cool:

anneoctober
29-Dec-07, 18:31
just to let you know i got a OBE to day ..one boiled egg ...hahaha sorry had to say it ....tomorrow i have more eggs so that be more boiled egg ...MBE...
Oh drat ! I've only made CBE..... couple boiled eggs.....:lol:

anneoctober
29-Dec-07, 18:36
Not me... Riccoobe sounds like a breed of dog, Riccombe sounds like a Devon valley and Riccocbe sounds like a wine.
Sir Ricco , sounds ok to me, taking the air in a Devon valley wi yir dug and swiggin' from a bottle o red . Idyllic.................. :)

northener
29-Dec-07, 18:49

Yup, they were both members of the Special Hair Service in the Helmand Province.

They successfully blue rinsed 8 leading members of the Taliban whilst under sustained bombardment, resulting in the Taliban having to withdraw until the colour faded out of their hair.

Bobinovich
29-Dec-07, 20:43
I was delighted to see Jethro Tull frontman, Ian Anderson, receiving an MBE. Has been producing some superb music for 4 decades now.

karia
29-Dec-07, 20:53
I was delighted to see Jethro Tull frontman, Ian Anderson, receiving an MBE. Has been producing some superb music for 4 decades now.

And you have the cheek to commiserate wi mr Karia?;)

northener
29-Dec-07, 21:34

Brilliant! Been a big Tull fan for years.

If I want to annoy Mrs Northener, all I have to do is start singing 'Hot Mango Flush' off Secret Language Of Birds. - That's got to be worth a medal by itself!:D

karia
29-Dec-07, 21:46
OMG..I only divorced one of you..never considered replication!

..it's like an episode of Dr Who.(a good one without kylie mind!)...:)

..Kylie &.mind..see what I did there?..screwing my computer with such bizarre connections!:lol:

XX

scorrie
29-Dec-07, 23:02
The Director of the Child Benefit and Tax Credit Office of HM Revenue & Customs got an honour - a CBE, I believe - which isn't bad after his department lost data on 25 million people and presided over chaos in Tax Credits. And he still has a job, and a gold-plated public sector index-linked pension scheme.

Incompetence in public service carries rich rewards.

Maybe he got his honour in sympathy, after the Queen mis-interpreted the news that he was suffering from some slipped discs ;)

northener
29-Dec-07, 23:37
OMG..I only divorced one of you..never considered replication!

..it's like an episode of Dr Who.(a good one without kylie mind!)...

..Kylie &.mind..see what I did there?..screwing my computer with such bizarre connections!

XX

We are Legion:eek:

karia
29-Dec-07, 23:50
We are Legion:eek:

Time for another disguise then...Anneke Wills?...... Polly in Dr who?

what'dyou think?:)

northener
30-Dec-07, 01:22
Dalek?

BTW I think the Daleks should get an award for ruthlessness and unwavering stupidity.

Boozeburglar
30-Dec-07, 01:57
Funny thing honours.

I used to side with the "....the State" crew, but now half a dozen people I know have been 'honoured' I have begun to dig that it might have some validity.

Sure the Government of the day decides, but eventually we could have polls to decide, etc.

Still all a bit elitest, and corrupt, but seeing as two of my best friends are now MBEs I would have to say good on em!

Ian Anderson, only an MBE? Disgraceful!

;)